Author Topic: Ovation for Wade is ridiculous  (Read 3803 times)

Re: Ovation for Wade is ridiculous
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 07:00:30 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Wade was a great player for a long time. As a result of amazing genes, hard work and incredible luck (luck, if nothing else being the avoidance of career-impacting injuries that have occurred for countless people who we don't know), Wade performed his entire life to the adulation of fans, earned hundreds of millions of dollars, received countless awards and honors, and has been the recipient of positive attention from people throughout his life -- on and off the court.   He got his number retired at Marquette, will certainly have a grand celebration and his number retired in Miami, and... will of course get "enshrined" in the NBA Hall of Fame. 

Not sure if he is expecting a formal Farewell Tour in the mode of Kobe or David Ortiz, but to be honest, really... enough is enough.  I don't really care if people clap for him -- of course they get to show appreciation if they want to; but I also don't care if they don't.  Hopefully, unlike Kobe and David, Dwayne doesn't really need yet another round of applause.  It's nice I suppose as a final farewell, but I think many (Duncan, Dirk, Larry, etc.) seem grateful enough for what the sport has given them. 

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
What's next an ovation for JR Smith? C'mon people you are better than that.

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 07:38:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
What's next an ovation for JR Smith? C'mon people you are better than that.

Nah the entire Garden will just hurl tomatoes at him  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 10:08:26 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I wouldn't give an ovation to Wade because he is dirty. I would for Lebron with no problem.

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 11:13:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bynum and Kobe sandwich Perk in game 6. We know what happens after that. No ovation deserved for those scum.

Meta World Screwball knees Ray Allen in the thigh in 2010...Allen wasn’t the same for the rest of that Championship series. We all know what happened after that, especially game 7 (puke). No ovation for the Screwball.

Bron Bron and Crowder sandwich Hayward in a VERY vulnerable situation. We know what happened then. Hopefully the ramifications of that sandwich don’t hurt this franchise for years to come, but they’ve hurt us a lot up until now.

Definitely no ovations for Crowder and Bron Bron (especially Crowder who was still p---ed at Cs fans cheering for Hayward when he came into town with the Jazz).

Dirty Wade rips out Rondo’s elbow, and we all know what happened in the series after that. (Not to mention him being instrumental in coordinating with the Evil Riley to form the UNHOLY Trinity of the cHeat). He deserves nothing but animosity from Cs fans.....he certainly doesn’t deserve an ovation.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:36:16 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2019, 12:13:10 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I’m all for appreciating history and cheering opposing players if they earned it, but DWade makes the mt. Rushmore of all time NBA D Bags. No way he should have gotten anything resembling a positive reaction from the crowd. But if the garden crowd will come out and cheer for Kobe, they’ll pretty much cheer for anyone.

LeBrons a different story though. I’m willing to bet they even give him a tribute video his last game here. You can’t really discuss LeBrons legacy without mentioning all the battles he’s had with Boston. It would only be fitting to pay homage to such a formidable opponent.

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2019, 12:14:08 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Bynum and Kobe sandwich Perk in game 6. We know what happens after that. No ovation deserved for those scum.

Meta World Screwball knees Ray Allen in the thigh in 2010...Allen wasn’t the same for the rest of that Championship series. We all know what happened after that, especially game 7 (puke). No ovation for the Screwball.

Bron Bron and Crowder sandwich Hayward in a VERY vulnerable situation. We know what happened then. Hopefully the ramifications of that sandwich don’t hurt this franchise for years to come, but they’ve hurt us a lot up until now.

Definitely no ovations for Crowder and Bron Bron (especially Crowder who was still p---ed at Cs fans cheering for Hayward when he came into town with the Jazz).

Dirty Wade rips out Rondo’s elbow, and we all know what happened in the series after that. (Not to mention him being instrumental in coordinating with the Evil Riley to form the UNHOLY Trinity of the cHeat). He deserves nothing but animosity from Cs fans.....he certainly doesn’t deserve an ovation.

Crowder and Lebron should be arrested for assault.

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 01:51:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I’m all for appreciating history and cheering opposing players if they earned it, but DWade makes the mt. Rushmore of all time NBA D Bags. No way he should have gotten anything resembling a positive reaction from the crowd. But if the garden crowd will come out and cheer for Kobe, they’ll pretty much cheer for anyone.

LeBrons a different story though. I’m willing to bet they even give him a tribute video his last game here. You can’t really discuss LeBrons legacy without mentioning all the battles he’s had with Boston. It would only be fitting to pay homage to such a formidable opponent.

What kind of video are you expecting?

Well forget it unless its a video of the big 3 , steamrolling through his Cavs

Leave the video tribute for the Cavs to present

Celtic tribute videos on the jumbotron are only reserved for Celtic greats

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2019, 11:27:26 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'll always laugh at the people incapable of giving Wade his due respect.  The man is one of the top 3 players all-time at his position.

It takes a really petty person to be incapable of acknowledging greatness, even if it is the opponent.

BLAH BLAH BLHA BLAH BLAH

WASHED UP WADE

DIRTY THUG POS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THIS MAN

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 11:39:43 AM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Jeter and Mo have been class acts on the field all their careers; obviously they are gonna get cheers everywhere they go.

Wade, maybe not so much, so I can see why many are against him getting cheers.  Then again, you could say that many non-Red Sox fans didn't think too highly of Ortiz's temperament during his playing years and he had standing ovations everywhere during his final season, so.. *shrug*