Author Topic: Team Performance Not Good enough? Really?  (Read 4246 times)

Team Performance Not Good enough? Really?
« on: December 05, 2023, 05:06:32 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I thought this deserved its own thread.  I have seen Not good enough several times!! What? This team doesn't owe you anything!! You don't pay their salaries!! I lived through losing Lenny Bias, Reggie Lewis!! Thant was rough!!! This team is good and you are crying, come on man!!  Put all the demands you want on Tatum and Brown, but they don't answer to you!!  I know, we Pay for the tickets as fans right? Yes, you pay to see this team live, but guess what, that does not guarantee a winning team!! Many teams stink, you still need to pay for a ticket to go see them.  So what actually are you complaining about? Not good enough for who??? You, sorry but these players don't answer to us fans, they answer to the owners and the coach.

Re: Team Performance Not Good enough? Really?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 05:14:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
This team is really good. I'm very happy with the team. I think Joe needs to open up the rotation.

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 05:21:26 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Yes!! I couldn't agree more. I totally agree with complaing about how people are playing or how the coach is coaching. What I get upset about are people saying, this is unacceptable! or Not Good enough! That stuff drives me crazy!
I totally agree with seeing what we have on the bench more. I don't think Jordan Walsh has ever played? Love to see what he can do.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 05:21:49 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1400
I think people get scarred from past experiences and they see what they perceive as the same old mistakes happening so whenever they see those, usually in losses, or in game threads where people live in the moment and like venting, that's where you see all the unhappiness. Especially if it's specific players or team members that over time have earned the role of pinatas, like Jaylen, Joe, Kornet, etc. It's easy to notice their errors, because you tend to be looking for them, less so to acknowledge the things they actually did well.

I think most people, after the games are done, win or lose, know that we have a pretty good team and a great chance to win the championship. It's just that we want them to eliminate those mistakes and be perfect. 82-0 or go home  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 05:23:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3203
Yes!! I couldn't agree more. I totally agree with complaing about how people are playing or how the coach is coaching. What I get upset about are people saying, this is unacceptable! or Not Good enough! That stuff drives me crazy!
I totally agree with seeing what we have on the bench more. I don't think Jordan Walsh has ever played? Love to see what he can do.

I would too. Walsh looks like a high energy player.

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
I think people get scarred from past experiences and they see what they perceive as the same old mistakes happening so whenever they see those, usually in losses, or in game threads where people live in the moment and like venting, that's where you see all the unhappiness. Especially if it's specific players or team members that over time have earned the role of pinatas, like Jaylen, Joe, Kornet, etc.

I think most people, after the games are done, win or lose, know that we have a pretty good team and a great chance to win the championship. It's just that we want them to eliminate those mistakes and be perfect. 82-0 or go home  :angel:
Thank you for this! you are probably right, I guess I am getting old, I was around when we drafted Bird and got to watch his whole career, good times man, good times!  But, since then there has been a ton of disappointments! Only 1 title for KG & PP!! I thought they would win 3!!! but, this year we finally have a good shot. I just don't understand how anyone is upset with that.
That's how I feel.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 05:41:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Point of fact:  fans do pay the salaries.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 06:06:59 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Point of fact:  fans do pay the salaries.
Point of fact, the Fans are paying for the knicks, Pistons, Wizards, Hornets, Spurs, Rockets.  Where on you ticket does it Guarantee a win??
Look in the fine print on your ticket, no guarantees there.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 06:13:20 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think people get scarred from past experiences and they see what they perceive as the same old mistakes happening so whenever they see those, usually in losses, or in game threads where people live in the moment and like venting, that's where you see all the unhappiness. Especially if it's specific players or team members that over time have earned the role of pinatas, like Jaylen, Joe, Kornet, etc. It's easy to notice their errors, because you tend to be looking for them, less so to acknowledge the things they actually did well.

This more tham anything. I see plenty of people pointing out something wrong but never acknowledge when that thing is done right.

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 06:13:24 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Look, I love this forum, but a forum is a good place to debate our feelings, I feel so blessed to be able to watch a team with a winning record. The weird thing is this team has been competitive ever since we drafted Jaylon Brown. I fee totally frustrated at times, for me I love to watch rookies develop. It drives me crazy that Joe doesn't get Walsh some minutes. But there is nothing I can do about that.

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 06:14:37 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
Look, I love this forum, but a forum is a good place to debate our feelings, I feel so blessed to be able to watch a team with a winning record. The weird thing is this team has been competitive ever since we drafted Jaylon Brown. I feel totally frustrated at times, for me I love to watch the rookies develop. It drives me crazy that Joe doesn't get Walsh some minutes. But there is nothing I can do about that.

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 06:17:06 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
I suck out posting! I don't do it that often, but I am passionate about enjoying the good times, these are good times!!

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 08:09:44 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Jaylen Brown in his last 2 games:

43 FGA
0 AST

———

Source: ESPN
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2023, 09:28:08 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White

43 FGA
0 AST

———

I actually had a post to trade JB for Zion in the off season. I agree, one game he is passing and finding open man, the next he is driving into a triple team and shooting the ball :-\  He frustrates me to no end! Not my point though, he is great chip to have this off-season. I think we have a lot of talent!

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2023, 09:31:43 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1500

43 FGA
0 AST

———

I did re-watch part of the pacers game last night as they showed it again, and I did notice at least 3-4 times when JB drove hard to the lane and after the def collapsed on him he then dished out to open guys, that was only in the first half.  So if guys don't make the shot it doesn't mean the passer wasn't doing the right thing.  I noticed it because I was wondering about the zero assists. 

I just read on another site that last night JT had 6 potential assists, and JB had 5 potential assists.  So the players hit the shots on every JT potential assist, and the players made zero of the shots where JB had a potential assist. 

He also did take a couple of questionable 3s, but lately he has been making an attempt to move the ball, drive and dish.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 10:14:56 PM by blink »