Author Topic: Which iconic Boston sports moment gives you the most chills?  (Read 15051 times)

Re: Which iconic Boston sports moment gives you the most chills?
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2010, 11:07:52 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDdbpPj73Q&feature=related

this game right here. When Brady got hurt and Drew came it... i lost my mind

It's so easy to forget about Bledsoe after all that has transpired since he got hurt that year, but he was a key guy for the Pats franchise.  He gave them some measure of respectability after general suckiness over their history (Curtis Martin &  Parcells  deserve equal credit too).  It was a really cool thing that he got a chance to come through for the Pats in the playoffs that year, and have a part of a championship that was more than just getting  injured and making way for Brady.

The vidoe of the SB that year (I posted somewhere in this thread) shows Brady hugging Bledsoe after the game winning FG.  Drew had such a funny look on his face.

That playoff run will always be one of the greatest ever.  So many great moments.  And that it was their first makes it extra special.
Yup

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
So many from the Patriot...   Adam Vinitari's clutch kicks in the snow against the Raiders.  Splitting the uprights against the Rams.  Drew coming off the bench and driving us down the field.

This, from one of the later seasons, is right up there.  Bruschi's pick.

That moment...  such a hard-fought game against Miami.  Epic.

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 03:08:05 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDdbpPj73Q&feature=related

this game right here. When Brady got hurt and Drew came it... i lost my mind

It's so easy to forget about Bledsoe after all that has transpired since he got hurt that year, but he was a key guy for the Pats franchise.  He gave them some measure of respectability after general suckiness over their history (Curtis Martin &  Parcells  deserve equal credit too).  It was a really cool thing that he got a chance to come through for the Pats in the playoffs that year, and have a part of a championship that was more than just getting  injured and making way for Brady.

The vidoe of the SB that year (I posted somewhere in this thread) shows Brady hugging Bledsoe after the game winning FG.  Drew had such a funny look on his face.

That playoff run will always be one of the greatest ever.  So many great moments.  And that it was their first makes it extra special.

TPTPTPTPTPTPTTP!!!

Man what a game. 2 chill moments there.

1. Drew coming in and going 3-3 with a touch.

2. Troy Brown's rediculous blocked field goal recovery. Such a heads up athletic play to field that ball at full speed...and then the lateral?!?!? Man what a player.

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'll put this moment up as well:
http://www.youtube.com/v/fFRqW6aChE0&hl=en_US&fs=1

I just watched this again and I still get teary watching how much emotion Paul exudes after finally winning a title. THAT my friends is how you want it to feel.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Show opener for Sox / Yankees game, just now did it for me...Sox celebrating the AL title on the Yankee Stadium infield in `04.  Legit chills still.
Yup

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2010, 04:47:53 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
1982: Game 7 ECF vs the Sixers. I'm sitting in the 1st balcony, Sec 77 row 4, seats 1 and 2 in the corner up behind the Cs bench. With about a half a minute left in the game and the game lost, THE CHANT starts in the nosebleed seats up above me and spreads like a wave down to the floor. "Beat LA! Beat LA". Still chills. True, pure sportsmanship, sorely lacking in sports today.
C's fans are the best.

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2010, 06:59:08 PM »

Offline Jellyman15

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
For me, the moment that gave me the most chills was seeing Paul get injured in the 2008 finals. Come back and drain two 3's in the Laker's face. Just shows how much of a warrior Paul is. I get chills every time I watch this.

"This is a sight the Celtics fans wanna see. And hear the ovation as he come hopping out of the tunnel!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGI4zHkN5p8&feature=related

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 07:30:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Good one Jellyman.  I am still amazed that the Celtic-haters think the wheelchair was a stunt.  It was a simple precaution, that's all.

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2010, 07:58:22 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
This one has probably been mentioned....Doug Flutie's Hail Mary pass to close out his B. C. college career. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2010, 11:40:31 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Not a Boston sports fan, just a Celtics fan.

But, my most chilling moment is not Garnett's post chip speech, or Ray killing Sasha, or Pierce rolling out in that wheelchair.

Not any of these. (although after #1, it goes Ray burning Sasha, then Pierce rolling out, then Garnett's falling down bankshot during the finals, then the speech)

My most chilling Celtics moment when I was alive is easily the first time I saw this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6TnilbMphA

We lost the draft lottery. We were coming off the worst season in franchise history. We were lost, completely lost. And on top of that we'd just traded our picks and our beloved Delonte for Ray Allen, which didn't seem like a power move at the time.

Then one day...it all changed. Say what you want, but that's my moment. I can watch that commercial a thousand times, just like I can watch "A Christmas Story" every December and always feel the same way.

I will always remember it as the moment it all changed.
tp Ditto
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2010, 01:29:20 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
well, I'm not the biggest Patriots fan (sorry to those of you on here, obviously) so I'd have to go with the New England Patriots' infamous 4th-quarter collapse against the Giants in Super Bowl XLII. I still hope that Randy Moss will someday win a Superbowl ring, whether it's with the 'Brady Bunch' or on another team. He and Brady both were posting career stats that season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxDuAhmqOOE
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2010, 02:03:19 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
well, I'm not the biggest Patriots fan (sorry to those of you on here, obviously) so I'd have to go with the New England Patriots' infamous 4th-quarter collapse against the Giants in Super Bowl XLII. I still hope that Randy Moss will someday win a Superbowl ring, whether it's with the 'Brady Bunch' or on another team. He and Brady both were posting career stats that season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxDuAhmqOOE

I wouldn't necessarily call that a "collapse".  The Pats made a great drive to go ahead, then the Giants made some miraculous plays to win it.  It was a close game all the way.
Yup