Poll

Which player do you choose?

Andrew Wiggins
53 (69.7%)
Jabrari Parker
23 (30.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?  (Read 33986 times)

Re: Who do you pick...Andrew Wiggins or Jabrari Parker?
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 02:58:49 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Wiggins seems to have no personality, while Parker is genuinely likeable. There have always been better players than Paul Pierce, but I have loved watching him play - because I liked his personality.

Wiggins bores me. Put me in camp Jabari.

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 06:47:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wiggins, I could care less about personality, I am more about ability on the court.

Wiggins can jump really well.   I have seen him dunk it looking down at the rim.

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 07:18:22 AM »

fitzhickey

Personality shouldnt matter. Are you telling me you would take Paul Pierce over Kobe or LBJ because you like watching pierce play (Im a huge pierce fan dont get me wrong)

Wiggins is just soooooo athletic. and ridiculously good. one thing that is underrated about him that parker picked up on is his burst speed, where he can blow past his defender in a couple of steps

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 07:23:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Both

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »

Offline jayhovaone

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
Let me say this and you guys might think i'm crazy but by the time everything is said an done Julius Randle Might be better than both players the kid is an absolute monster. That is not saying i wouldn't take parker or wiggins but i don't think you can go wrong with any of these 3 Studs!!!!

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2013, 08:10:25 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Wait till after the college season then decide..remember before last season when Shabazz Mohamend was the greatest thing since slice bread, look how that turn out...so these high school kids may be great in high school but wait to see how they do in college
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Let me say this and you guys might think i'm crazy but by the time everything is said an done Julius Randle Might be better than both players the kid is an absolute monster. That is not saying i wouldn't take parker or wiggins but i don't think you can go wrong with any of these 3 Studs!!!!

You aren't crazy.  Randle is my second favorite of the prospects (youtube analyst, keep in mind).  He has a lot of potential with his size and athletic ability.  He is a natural going to the rim.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2013, 09:03:16 AM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
Personality shouldnt matter. Are you telling me you would take Paul Pierce over Kobe or LBJ because you like watching pierce play (Im a huge pierce fan dont get me wrong)

Wiggins is just soooooo athletic. and ridiculously good. one thing that is underrated about him that parker picked up on is his burst speed, where he can blow past his defender in a couple of steps
I think it's fair to say that personality and character can be linked, and after seeing guys like Aaron Hernandez and to a lesser degree alfonso dennard get in trouble, personality should matter.

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2013, 09:13:20 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Wiggins, I could care less about personality, I am more about ability on the court.

Wiggins can jump really well.   I have seen him dunk it looking down at the rim.

so can Gerald Green, but just being able to dunk on people won't do you any good long term

Of all the highlights I've seen of him, he is just dunking. I'm very impressed with Gordon, Jabari and Julius Randle...

say for example if we do get the #1 pick...who do you guys most want us to pick? Will you guys buy into the Wiggins hype and draft him or will you draft someone else?

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2013, 09:24:23 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Honestly if we draft Randle, Parker, Wiggins or Gordon I'll be happy, probably won't have a firm opinion until I see them play in college.

With how the Celtics are trending I think I will watch a lot more college basketball than normal. I'm going to try and catch as many Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Arizona games as possible, while also watching the normal amount of BC basketball that I usually watch.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
KG always had way more personality than Tim Duncan.

Point being, personality is nice, but winning is better.

Give me the player that will win us more games.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I like Randle and Parker better. Wiggins is quick, and athletic, but like others have said his shot looks weird and needs a lot of work on.

No one can replace Pierce, but if anyone I can see Parker being the one to do it.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2013, 10:47:01 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have never seen them play a full competitive game(All-Star games don't count). My guess is most here haven't. I refuse to make a determination on these children until I have at least seen them play some in college.

I did make a very early determination on Nerlens Noel but I had seen him play since he was in middle school.

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2013, 10:50:50 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't know enough about either to feel comfortable making a choice. Obviously Wiggins has received more press to this point, but we'll see how they do this upcoming year. There are others who will likely be quite good coming out of the 2014 draft, like Randle. It'll be an exciting year.

What I'd love more than anything else, though, is for the Cs to luck into a top 1 or 2 pick, which then gets traded with salary filler to OKC for Durant. I know its not happening, but I can dream, right?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't know enough about either to feel comfortable making a choice. Obviously Wiggins has received more press to this point, but we'll see how they do this upcoming year. There are others who will likely be quite good coming out of the 2014 draft, like Randle. It'll be an exciting year.

What I'd love more than anything else, though, is for the Cs to luck into a top 1 or 2 pick, which then gets traded with salary filler to OKC for Durant. I know its not happening, but I can dream, right?

That's a crazy crazy dream.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford