Author Topic: Boston College Basketball  (Read 48442 times)

Boston College Basketball
« on: August 25, 2009, 08:59:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Not sure if anybody else here is as big a BC basketball fan as I but in addition to this years team that I think should be able to contend for the ACC title it looks like BC is restocking their team in a big way. 

They have signed a 6-10 PF that Scouts inc has a ranked an 88 out of 100 and yesterday got a verbal commit from a 6-2 pg that Scouts inc has ranked a 91 out of 100.  This is for the class of 2010 so they will have 5 seniors that year that were a big part in their tourny run last year as well as two stud freshman. 

Also ESPN has listed that two stud SF's also rated in the 90's that went to HS in Mass have BC high on their lists so if we can net one of them as well this could be the best recruiting class in recent memory for BC. 

I am excited because normally we see BC turn guys that not many other schools want into Jared Dudley and Craig smith, so now that we are getting highly touted recruits, imagine what could happen!!

(Also worth noting that the two players that have committed are from Minnesota and Canada so it looks like we are really expanding the recruiting base.)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Boston College Basketball
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Little bit of an update, SF Rod Odom who plays at the Middlesex School in Concord, MA is supposed to be visiting BC October 3rd.  The guy is 6'9 and is in the espntop100 propects.  They rank him a 93 out of 100 and say hes got a good outside game as well as potential to blow by defenders after facing up. 

This would be a huge Pickup for BC as they have been lacking a SF with good height since Dudley left. And even then they had Dudley playing the 4 alot because of his rebounding. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BC basketball would be wise to pay attention to the brother of a local football recruit they have playing this year. This year they signed Jim Noels, an Everett, Ma HS football player and in short time plan to be playing him in their defensive backfield. He is an a-the-lete and a player.

Well he has a little brother who is a sophomore at Everett HS who's name is Nerlens Noel who is 6-9, 190 lbs and is currently ranked as the 18th best player in the country for the Class of 2012 and 4th best PF. He is projected to stop growing at somewhere around 6-11 to 7-0.

He is already being talked about by major programs and is just a sophomore. Seen the kid play personally and he is a friend of my son's. He is the real deal defensively and is way ahead at that end of things as he was originally a PG at the rec league level until having a huge growth spurt and doesn't have a ton of low post offense going just yet. Here's the other thing. He's really intelligent and a great kid.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Nice man, hopefully they can snag him then since his bro is going there.  Thats like Cory Raji, brother of BJ raji playing for them these past few years

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 10:30:25 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Recruit Rod Odom Middlesex School(MA) SF- Scheduled to visit BC October 3rd.  Odom is a 6'9 SF ranked in ESPN U's top 100.  Odom already visited Arizona and they are currently top on his list, but he says, "Boston College has been recruiting me for a long time and there close to home. They have a lot of upperclassmen so they'll have playing time."

Odom has also made his commitment to getting a good education known which makes me think BC has a really good shot at him.  Publically BC and AZ are the top two schools for his services, the fact that he didnt commit to AZ right after his visit makes me think we may have a shot at a top 100 recruit, which is unheard of at BC

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:46:13 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
don't know if you noticed, but SBNation (the network that we're part of) just added a BC blog

http://www.bcinterruption.com/
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:52:58 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Oh nice, thats pretty sick.  Doesnt look like they have forums though, which is pretty dissapointing.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 11:14:48 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Oh nice, thats pretty sick.  Doesnt look like they have forums though, which is pretty dissapointing.

most of SBN doesn't have forums, we're special

you can use the fanposts/fanshots like a forum though - give it a shot
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 11:46:31 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Please let's not confuse this blog with BC fans.....some of us are fans of other institutions that have their own website....please don't clutter these pages

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Please let's not confuse this blog with BC fans.....some of us are fans of other institutions that have their own website....please don't clutter these pages

Im not saying everyone here is a BC fan, its just the premiere college basketball team in the area so I think its worth talking about.  Gets the most airtime of any of the local programs and has had unrivaled success in the New England area(Not including Uconn).  They also play against very strong programs that often put out NBA talent including Duke, UNC, Wake Forest, Maryland etc.  So its definitly worth talking about IMO

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
For some of us ....root as often for these teams:

BC
Lakers
Yankees

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 11:58:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
For some of us ....root as often for these teams:

BC
Lakers
Yankees

I dont understand what you are trying to say.... If you dont like Boston College dont read it I guess.

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Not sure if anybody else here is as big a BC basketball fan as I but in addition to this years team that I think should be able to contend for the ACC title it looks like BC is restocking their team in a big way. 

They have signed a 6-10 PF that Scouts inc has a ranked an 88 out of 100 and yesterday got a verbal commit from a 6-2 pg that Scouts inc has ranked a 91 out of 100.  This is for the class of 2010 so they will have 5 seniors that year that were a big part in their tourny run last year as well as two stud freshman. 

Also ESPN has listed that two stud SF's also rated in the 90's that went to HS in Mass have BC high on their lists so if we can net one of them as well this could be the best recruiting class in recent memory for BC. 

I am excited because normally we see BC turn guys that not many other schools want into Jared Dudley and Craig smith, so now that we are getting highly touted recruits, imagine what could happen!!

(Also worth noting that the two players that have committed are from Minnesota and Canada so it looks like we are really expanding the recruiting base.)

I watched quite a few of their games last year and am excited for this season. A starting lineup of Reggie Jackson,Rakim Sanders, Corey Raji, Joe Trapani, and Josh Southern sounds great. When do the preseason rankings come out?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 01:04:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Dick Vitale's preseason top 40 has Boston College ranked 26th. Not bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/news/story?id=4361336
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Dick Vitale's preseason top 40 has Boston College ranked 26th. Not bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/news/story?id=4361336

I agree.  I think you are gonna see Biko Paris starting at the point though to give you a starting lineup of

PG Paris
SG Jackson
SF Sanders
PF Trappani
C Southern

with Raji coming off the bench for energy and rebounding which he does best, and his ability to play the 3/4 will be big. 

Southern has always been intriguing to me.  I think he suffers from Mark Blount syndrome, becuase it seems like he can be very good at times and dissapear other times.  I think Jackson is going to be the key for this team though.  They will be looking for him to replace some of the scoring out of Rice and he can be a tremendoush scorer as we saw last year.