Author Topic: Heat, Spurs and Celtics express significant interest in Vucevic  (Read 9374 times)

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

Re: Heat, Spurs and Celtics express significant interest in Vucevic
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 12:38:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
He’d be a great fit here.  Offensively, he’d be like an upgraded version of Horford.

That said, this “rumor” is coming from Kevin O’Connor, meaning that it’s not based on any real source.  He probably just read Shams’ column.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 12:50:31 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Who we sent out for him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 12:55:36 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I had a scenario in my head where the Spurs got Brown and we got Murray and Aldridge.

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 12:58:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261768/Heat-Spurs-Celtics-Hornets-Have-Significant-Interest-In-Nikola-Vucevic

I like Vuc, I can see him as a legit Ainge-Stevens target.

When was the last time Danny scored one of these trades? Unless it was for a bargain

If Danny can't get them on wholesale price. He is [dang] going to make sure to raise it to rip off levels

"We could offer 3 of our best young players plus 5 1sts.  But let me check with my dad first. Get back to you later"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 01:06:43 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 01:05:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
For Vucevic

Danny would have to include Smart, Timelord, Langford or Nesmith and multiple 1sts. Something that hurts like this

Just can't see Ainge doing this. Not for a 30 year old center that is an OK but not very good defender

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 01:08:15 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Who we sent out for him

Those teams can outbid us easily. If it costs us either brown, tatum, smart or williams it's not worth it.

And I'm not saying guys like smart or williams aren't untouchable or anything like that. I'm saying acquiring vuc doesn't move the needle enough.

The point is too add to what we do have(which is nothing outside of those guys I mentioned) and move all the unusable garbage that should've already been moved or never wasted our time on to begin with.

All that said, we won't be in the running. Danny needs to aim lower and try like to clean the roster and just get guys in here that can play, not some borderline all star that's just going to leave  - we need role players!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 01:10:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
For Vucevic

Danny would have to include Smart, Timelord, Langford or Nesmith and multiple 1sts. Something that hurts like this

Just can't see Ainge doing this. Not for a 30 year old center that is an OK but not very good defender

Based upon what?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 01:13:00 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
For Vucevic

And it's a mistake for him to do it. Not because vuc isn't worth it, he is. But moving one of those guys for vuc is to make up for the poor roster management. You don't correct a mistake by making another one.

He makes this move we're still in the same spot. Still can't add anything else to the team that gets us to beat or compete with the lakers or brooklyn.

WE'RE SCREWED EITHER WAY!

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2021, 01:13:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For Vucevic

Based upon what?
Yeah, makes more sense to use the TPE and send Thompson, a young guy like Langford and picks.

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2021, 01:16:05 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
For Vucevic

Based upon what?

Simple math.

Would you take either semi, grant williams, edwards, green, langford or all of them for vuc? I wouldn't and no team would.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2021, 01:18:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
For Vucevic

Based upon what?
Yeah, makes more sense to use the TPE and send Thompson, a young guy like Langford and picks.

I like this idea. Who is Langford?

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2021, 01:18:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
For Vucevic

Based upon what?

Simple math.

Would you take either semi, grant williams, edwards, green, langford or all of them for vuc? I wouldn't and no team would.

That’s fairly non-responsive. 

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I doubt Celtics are interested in Vuc.  He's great fit offensively, but poor fit defensively.

I'm even more skeptical that the Heat would have any interest.   Would they be moving Bam to power forward?  It makes little sense to me.

Probably coming from ORL or Vuc's agent to drum up interest.

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 01:24:29 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I like Vuc and he makes sense for C's depending price... I dont get it for Spurs or heat?

Spurs are doing ok but Vuc doesnt make them contenders?? They should try build around younger guys. aldridge and derozen gone after this season, maybe during season. I gues they could trade aldridge and picks for Vuc. but i feel that hurts their rebuild.

The heat have Bam....so do they need Vuc?

The team not mentioned in the title but are in the article are the Hornets....which make some sense maybe.