Preferred Trade Target

Grant
22 (40%)
Vucevic
26 (47.3%)
Neither
7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Preference Grant or Vucevic?  (Read 7879 times)

Re: Preference Grant or Vucevic?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 02:24:33 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Grant to me is clearly the better fit.  We are pretty solid at our center rotation. We lack another long wing who can score and play defense.

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 02:41:43 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Still prefer Collins or Barnes.

Wish Grant shot the 3 a little better, though he's not horrible, and Vuc played some defense.

Between the two, definitely Grant due to age difference and positional need.

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 02:49:09 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Grant.   Fits better as a switching defender.   

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 02:52:28 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I think Vuc will cost less than the Hinkie Special so I went with Vuc.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 03:03:46 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Are we assuming both would require the same package?  Something like Rob and a first at a starting point?

I'll step back and watch everyone kill me for suggesting anything close to fair trade value.

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 03:43:48 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Are we assuming both would require the same package?  Something like Rob and a first at a starting point?

I'll step back and watch everyone kill me for suggesting anything close to fair trade value.

I think it will be pick(s), Rob Williams, and Nesmith, Langford, or Pritchard. Or a couple of them. Just depends on which one you’re trying to get.

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 03:47:41 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

I think everyone knows that in a trade Williams or a first is at least going out. So no need to brace yourself. ;D

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru

The Cs aren't trading Robert Williams. Very unlikely. Can't figure out why people keep tossing him around in trade proposals.

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2021, 04:36:51 PM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Grant is putting up a career season. It's laughable if this is the guy Ainge decides to buy high on. He won't be half the player he is on detroit, in Boston. The definition of a stat padder (this season at least)

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 04:42:57 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Grant is putting up a career season. It's laughable if this is the guy Ainge decides to buy high on. He won't be half the player he is on detroit, in Boston. The definition of a stat padder (this season at least)
Did you watch him last year? Guy is a good player. Good playoff performance too. It’s carried over.

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 04:52:36 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

The Cs aren't trading Robert Williams. Very unlikely. Can't figure out why people keep tossing him around in trade proposals.

If the right player comes along, why wouldn’t you include Rob Williams. You have to give up something. Williams plays a position that Ainge wants to upgrade.

It would be nice to give up a Grant Williams or Theis instead, but it doesn’t work that way.

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 04:53:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Vucevic.

Grant is having his first season of being anything besides a nice role player, and it happens to be on the team where he's option #1 for the first time. He'd quickly look like a bad investment given he'd be the 4th option here, and would look like Denver Grant. Plus, he left to go be "the guy".

Vucevic, since 2014, has averaged 19/11/3, and has over the last couple of years improved his shooting and passing to where he is now a deadly 3 point shooter. He'd also be a similar high-post passing presence to Horford, something this offence is crying out for. I'd want us to ship out Thompson as well as maybe Theis though, because our current big rotation is actually solid with the ascendancy of TimeLord. Even with that, I would prefer the borderline All-NBA calibre big over the fringe All-Star wing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 04:54:42 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

If the right player comes along, why wouldn’t you include Rob Williams. You have to give up something. Williams plays a position that Ainge wants to upgrade.

It would be nice to give up a Grant Williams or Theis instead, but it doesn’t work that way.

Another instance of Green Teamers overvaluing our guys and wanting to get superstars for pennies on the dollar.

Sure Rob Williams has shown moments of greatness recently, but he's also been extremely injury prone and a bench warmer for the majority of his professional career. If you can get a player of Vucevic's stature for him you do that in a heartbeat.

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 05:31:37 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
I'm not buying the Grant rumors even a little. Ainge likes to shop in the blue light section of Kmart.

If Vuc is the target I'll just close my eyes on the defensive end come playoffs.
ok fine

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2021, 05:32:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm not buying the Grant rumors even a little. Ainge likes to shop in the blue light section of Kmart.

If Vuc is the target I'll just close my eyes on the defensive end come playoffs.
Vucevic is not a bad defender though...?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)