Preferred Trade Target

Grant
22 (40%)
Vucevic
26 (47.3%)
Neither
7 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Preference Grant or Vucevic?  (Read 7883 times)

Preference Grant or Vucevic?
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:22:49 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Shams reported we have interest in both, and assuming both are available.. also assuming both would cost relatively the same for us to acquire.
Smart, multiple firsts, Neismeth/Pritchard type deals, who would people want?

Vuc:
24.6 PPG
11.7 Reb
3.7 Ast
30 years old

Contract:  roughly 25 mil/year through 2023

Grant:
23.4 PPG
5.3 Reb
2.9 Ast
26 years old

Contract:  roughly 20 mil/year through 2023

Re: Preference Grant or Vucevic?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 11:24:36 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Vucevic

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 11:27:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Big V without a doubt
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 11:33:19 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Would be really nice having a starting center that is Not undersized.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 11:55:37 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
can we figure out a way to get both while keeping Smart and TL.. Kemba is also hard to move..
maybe Pritchard + Romeo + Nesmith + Theis + Tristan + 4 unprotected picks plus 4 swaps - spread those to Detroit and Orlando - I think we are still a tiny bit above the tax apron but can be figured out

Dream case scenario - MS/JB/JT/JG/NV   with KW and TL off the bench

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 12:07:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Grant, but he isn't available, so I guess Vucevic, but, .....I really think it's time to increase Robert Williams minutes and look at the 23 year old as our future starting 30 MPG center next year. I think he is the better option going forward than the soon to be 31 year old Vucevic.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 12:10:27 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
can we figure out a way to get both while keeping Smart and TL.. Kemba is also hard to move..
maybe Pritchard + Romeo + Nesmith + Theis + Tristan + 4 unprotected picks plus 4 swaps - spread those to Detroit and Orlando - I think we are still a tiny bit above the tax apron but can be figured out

Dream case scenario - MS/JB/JT/JG/NV   with KW and TL off the bench

I think we could win multiple titles with that lineup. Pick up some scraps/ring-chasers/journeymen to fill in the bench and all set.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
A hard choice... That unfortunatly we probably won't have to make...
Grant seems to be exactly the right guy on the target definite by Ainge. Both have great good contracts for the next 3 years, but Grant still 5M less, which is not negligable.
Vucevic would give something worked very good under Brad with a technicly gifted center, ala Horford with less defense but more shoot. But at center we are already loaded and Rob would't have room anymore. At 4 we have more needs. Finally I prefer Theis at the 5, even with his lack of size or verticality it is there that his versatility is the more usefull. Grant would perfectly space the floor and give us a terrible 3 wings rotation. As he doesn't need as much the ball than Hayward, it is less a problem in the plan of giving more and more the game on jays hands. Grant showed how effective he can be as a third offensive option in Houston. And Grant is also in a team who don't play anything for the next 3/4 years unlike Orlando who could wait to see how an Isaac/Vuc combo would give. Grant is also younger and Vuc may begin to regress during his contract.

So finally I think I would go for Grant; if the price was the same. But both would be great additions, and would on my advice put us again in the same list than Bucks, Nets and 76ers to go threw the east.

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 01:33:19 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
For me Grant.  Should cost a bit less...I like the fit.

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 01:40:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Grant seems to be exactly the right guy on the target definite by Ainge. Both have great good contracts for the next 3 years, but Grant still 5M less, which is not negligable.
Vucevic would give something worked very good under Brad with a technicly gifted center, ala Horford with less defense but more shoot. But at center we are already loaded and Rob would't have room anymore. At 4 we have more needs. Finally I prefer Theis at the 5, even with his lack of size or verticality it is there that his versatility is the more usefull. Grant would perfectly space the floor and give us a terrible 3 wings rotation. As he doesn't need as much the ball than Hayward, it is less a problem in the plan of giving more and more the game on jays hands. Grant showed how effective he can be as a third offensive option in Houston. And Grant is also in a team who don't play anything for the next 3/4 years unlike Orlando who could wait to see how an Isaac/Vuc combo would give. Grant is also younger and Vuc may begin to regress during his contract.

So finally I think I would go for Grant; if the price was the same. But both would be great additions, and would on my advice put us again in the same list than Bucks, Nets and 76ers to go threw the east.

I could see Brad playing Vucevic together with Rob Williams the way he plays Theis with TT.

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 01:54:29 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

I could see Brad playing Vucevic together with Rob Williams the way he plays Theis with TT.

This might not be what you meant, but we’re not loaded at center - I’d say we’re logjammed. But each center we have is not overwhelmingly effective. Each are good for different things and I like Rob the most, but even he is probably a low-level starter / high-level replacement, today. If we clear out one of Theis/TT and replace with Vooch, THEN we would be loaded at center, IMO.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 02:01:03 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
JG has been ballin’ but let’s be honest someone is gonna end up scoring points on that team, might as well be him. Magic aren’t exactly lighting it up but Vooch did anchor them as a (bad) playoff team. We know he can still produce when other guys are also producing.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 02:04:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I voted neither. I'm not as much of a Vucevic fan as others and I don't think we need a center. Grant is interesting, but he left Denver because he wanted to be "the guy" and I'm wary of a potential locker room issue.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 02:06:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
It's Vucevic for me. He's the ideal big for Brad's offense. He would make this team so potent and really help open things up for Tatum, Brown and Kemba.

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 02:07:20 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I voted neither. I'm not as much of a Vucevic fan as others and I don't think we need a center. Grant is interesting, but he left Denver because he wanted to be "the guy" and I'm wary of a potential locker room issue.
Me neither, but if Vucevic's shooting is sustainable then I might be convinced to trade a bunch of assets for him. You don't get a big man who can score in volume on middling efficiency on all three levels and pass really well that often.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA