Author Topic: Your Quasi-Realistic Dream Trade Deadline  (Read 15942 times)

Re: Your Quasi-Realistic Dream Trade Deadline
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2021, 07:38:45 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Well if this isn't a typical trade scenario on this site then I don't know what is.

Hey celtics fans teams don't give players away!

3 nothing's don't equal 1 something.

It's hard to gauge Romeo's value. I've seen posts on this site thinking that Romeo is going to somehow save our season, but then others think he's nothing. My thinking is that he's a young player who could fit well with the hospital core (Fultz and Isaacs) they're already developing there. They get a 1st and save money.

For us, it gives us the bigger wing we'd need and we may actually be able to hold onto some of 1sts for another deal down the road. Idk what Aaron's value is either, but he'd be cheaper than Vucevic. We'd also maintain $10m of the TPE for the offeason. Carsen is a throw in to keep us away from the tax.

Just what we need more draft picks.

In this trade we would *give* a pick, not get one. The trade would also do what you say you want: bring in a veteran and send out two young players to get out of the business of player development. Would Orlando do it? Probably not, but it’s Orlando, and that’s not your criticism in this post.

If you want a different veteran, fine. Who is it and what can you get him for?

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Well if this isn't a typical trade scenario on this site then I don't know what is.

Hey celtics fans teams don't give players away!

3 nothing's don't equal 1 something.

It's hard to gauge Romeo's value. I've seen posts on this site thinking that Romeo is going to somehow save our season, but then others think he's nothing. My thinking is that he's a young player who could fit well with the hospital core (Fultz and Isaacs) they're already developing there. They get a 1st and save money.

For us, it gives us the bigger wing we'd need and we may actually be able to hold onto some of 1sts for another deal down the road. Idk what Aaron's value is either, but he'd be cheaper than Vucevic. We'd also maintain $10m of the TPE for the offeason. Carsen is a throw in to keep us away from the tax.

Just what we need more draft picks.

In this trade we would *give* a pick, not get one. The trade would also do what you say you want: bring in a veteran and send out two young players to get out of the business of player development. Would Orlando do it? Probably not, but it’s Orlando, and that’s not your criticism in this post.

If you want a different veteran, fine. Who is it and what can you get him for?

Heh, sorry dude I read your post kinda quick. I'm just so against acquiring picks instead of actual players at this point.

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2021, 05:26:24 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
According to Chris Mannix, the Magic are interested in Kemba.

''Aaron Gordon and Evan Fournier are available, as is All-Star center Nikola Vucevic. The Magic have been looking for point guard help, kicking the tires on Ricky Rubio recently. Celtics guard Kemba Walker remains a favorite of Magic coach Steve Clifford, but it’s unlikely Boston, without much depth behind Walker, will part with him at this point. (...) expect the Celtics to pursue Barnes right up until the deadline.''

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/03/16/nba-trade-rumors-storylines-to-follow

To sum up:
- Gordon, Fournier are available
- the Magic like Kemba
- the Celtics like Barnes

Trade #1

Trade #2

8-man rotation come playoff time

PG: Smart (36) - Satoransky (12)
SG: Brown (36) - Satoransky (12)
SF: Barnes (24) - Fournier (24)
PF: Tatum (36) - Barnes (12)
C: Theis (26) - Timelord (22)

9th man: Pritchard
10th man: Semi (or vice versa)

If our top 8 players stay healthy, that's a contending team in my book.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 05:39:35 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2021, 12:15:45 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Just played with the NBA trade machine and came up with this based on Lonzo Ball may be on the block in NO. 

Boston
Outgoing:Theis, Walker, Green
Incoming: Hardaway JR, Ball, Bledsoe

Why for Boston it’s not working out right now with Walker as our 3rd scorer.  Bledsoe is on the books for another couple years and he is overpaid too, but we probably have to take back some dead weight.  He could still be a useful defensive player off the bench.  Hardaway is an expiring contract, but could be a sneaky good pickup, and the 3rd wing scorer at least for this season.  Ball will be a RFA, but could be worth the risk.  If Ball and Hardaway leave in the offseason the deal doesn’t look great, but at least we’ll have more breathing room considering the tax line.

NO
Outgoing:Bledsoe, Ball
Incoming: Johnson, Burke

Johnson is an expiring contract, and Burke is on the books for 2 more years at 3 mil a year.  This is clearly a financial move, and they get out from under Bledsoe’s contract.  It could be why they are unwilling to pay Ball in the offseason. 

Dallas:
Outgoing: Hardaway JR, Johnson, Burke
Incoming: Walker, Theis, Green

Hardaway and Johnson are big expiring contracts, and instead of risk losing them for nothing they can try Walker as the 3rd scorer for another 2 plus years.  It might work out really well for them with Luka the clear playmaker, and Walker can play off the ball more. Theis an expiring contract gives them better frontcourt depth, and Green is just wing depth.

It took some playing around with the players but I got this one to work in the trade machine. Lol add in draft picks where necessary. 

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2021, 01:04:54 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

''Aaron Gordon and Evan Fournier are available, as is All-Star center Nikola Vucevic. The Magic have been looking for point guard help, kicking the tires on Ricky Rubio recently. Celtics guard Kemba Walker remains a favorite of Magic coach Steve Clifford, but it’s unlikely Boston, without much depth behind Walker, will part with him at this point. (...) expect the Celtics to pursue Barnes right up until the deadline.''

To sum up:
- the Magic like Kemba

Trade #1

Trade #2

I see why that first deal works for the Celtics and the Kings - I think both teams would be very happy - but the Magic’s GM might be run out of town. They want to get young and have a clean cap sheet to build around their young maybe-stars. Kemba takes them the wrong direction.

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2021, 01:08:34 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
There’s a reason so many people want to trade kemba - it’s the same reason other teams won’t take him. Unless his play improves radically we are stuck with the rest of his contract.

Injuries to Hayward and Walker gutted this team’s run, and Ainge hasn’t been able to draft or deal his way out of it.

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2021, 02:09:09 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

To sum up:
- the Magic like Kemba

Trade #1

Trade #2

I see why that first deal works for the Celtics and the Kings - I think both teams would be very happy - but the Magic’s GM might be run out of town. They want to get young and have a clean cap sheet to build around their young maybe-stars. Kemba takes them the wrong direction.
Wouldn't do it for the Magic either. That said, Chris Mannix reported that the Magic are interested in kemba. Perhaps their priority is to max out Vuc's last 2-3 prime years.

Here's another idea:

Not sure whether we get enough value, which probably means that it's a fair trade.  :P

I'd also push hard for Richaun Holmes from the Kings. I wouldn't be willing to throw in a pick/prospect though.

It would basically be a salary dump. We'd save $25,453,009 next season, which would help us use the full TPE and still keep our payroll under control. As things stand right now, I don't think we can realistically expect to use the full TPE. The trade would also ensure we'd stay under the apron next season, in case we use the TPE in a sign and trade. For instance, we could go after John Collins. Not a big fan of his game, but he's probably the best free agent we can realistically hope to get.

starting lineup in 2021/22

PG: Smart
SG: Brown
SF: Barnes
PF: Tatum
C: Collins
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 02:51:06 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2021, 04:22:43 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Anthything that gets kemba off the books including this

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhwcv56d

If c's used all there trade exceptions to execute the trade it would result in a 34 mill exception btw

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2021, 05:28:36 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
There’s a reason so many people want to trade kemba - it’s the same reason other teams won’t take him. Unless his play improves radically we are stuck with the rest of his contract.

Injuries to Hayward and Walker gutted this team’s run, and Ainge hasn’t been able to draft or deal his way out of it.

If Philly was able to unload Horford after last year then we can find someone to take Kemba.  Not saying it’s gonna happen but to say it won’t isn’t right.
Greg

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2021, 08:46:19 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Tatum for Simmons

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2021, 09:21:34 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
The Orlando trade is Kemba for Fournier (expiring), Ross, and if you can squeeze it out of them, a future lottery protected 1st. Makes sense for both teams.

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2021, 09:55:39 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Why would the Magic do that?

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2021, 11:02:59 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
The Orlando trade is Kemba for Fournier (expiring), Ross, and if you can squeeze it out of them, a future lottery protected 1st. Makes sense for both teams.
If you’re going to squeeze all that from the magic might as well ask them to unprotect the pick ... I mean all 3 assets they are sending on their own hold more trade value than Kemba and his deal let alone the three combined unless there is some diminishing return concepts that I’m missing lol

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2021, 11:04:20 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

If Philly was able to unload Horford after last year then we can find someone to take Kemba.  Not saying it’s gonna happen but to say it won’t isn’t right.
I think OKC will absolutely take him but will require sweeteners unless we convince them he will help their rebuild
And by sweeteners I mean at least one very lightly protected pick

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2021, 11:16:19 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

Trading Horford to OKC cost Philly an unprotected first round pick.