Author Topic: Your Quasi-Realistic Dream Trade Deadline  (Read 15904 times)

Re: Your Quasi-Realistic Dream Trade Deadline
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2021, 10:50:51 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I wonder what moves are out there to accumulate future firsts. If there is a way to get Collins using just Kanter’s TPE, that would be my route. I wonder if anyone on the roster other than Brown, Tatum, or Smart would net us picks that we could move to Atlanta. Theis? Thompson? Pritchard? Langford? Any quasi-playoff team that can use them to make a push?

Dallas I could see shopping picks for immediate help for Doncic. Not sure exactly what help they are looking for, though.

Indy could use a third big after Sabonis/Turner (or did we burn that bridge with the Hayward debacle?).

I doubt Toronto would do a deal with us, but they are looking for a big.

Phoenix? San Antonio? Golden State? New Orleans?
The only players that are worth a first are Pritchard and Theis in the right situation.
Teams that would be interested in Pritchard wouldn’t trade their picks because they are most likely rebuilding.
I can see Theis fetching a 2022 protected first rounder from Charlotte or Toronto.
Charlotte are starting to believe in themselves and maybe Danny can take advantage... raptors might be desperate for big Men help and cheap.
Dallas have no picks to trade and Indy - I think that bridge is burned unless Danny makes big concessions or discounts ...

Houston, OKC and NO, none of which are serious contenders, all have an insanely large collection of picks. If you want picks, you probably need to deal with them. I would think they would all give up one for Pritchard. I'd hate to lose him unless it brought in a quality starter that fit the team's needs and playing style well.
Why would they want Pritchard though.  Maledon looks like at least a comparable level player and he is a rookie also.  OKC will obviously use their picks at some point, I just don't see why someone like Pritchard would be a player they would use one on.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2021, 11:30:16 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2021, 12:20:10 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I want to trade for Vucevic because it would make the team really fun to watch but I don't know if we'd come realistically closer to winning a title with that.

My unrealistic trade which would have to happen in the offseason would be Jokic demanding a trade after the Nuggets fall apart, then trading Jaylen, Timelord & picks for him.  Completely unrealistic and it would be heartbreaking to see Jaylen go, but [dang]...

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2021, 12:47:58 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I have a ton of unrealistic dream trades that are offseason options, because I don't think Beal is getting traded until this summer.  That said, here is one I'd be fine with if Danny did it tomorrow:

Celtics In: Harrison Barnes
Celtics Out:  Daniel Theis, Aaron Nesmith, Carsen Edwards

Mavericks In: Daniel Theis
Mavericks Out: Josh Green

Kings In: Aaron Nesmith, Carsen Edwards, Josh Green
Kings Out: Harrison Barnes

Rationale: The Thompson-Theis starting duo doesn't seem that successful.  With Rob Williams finally looking viable as at least a reserve, the frontcourt is crowded with three players who don't compliment each other when playing together, and one needs to be moved.  While I'd prefer to move Thompson, I think Theis is more easily traded, both due to his easier fit on teams and his cheap expiring deal.  Barnes could either start at the 4 or come off the bench if Smart remains a starter when he returns, increasing the versatility of some lineups.  Presumably a Walker-Smart-Brown-Tatum-Barnes lineup would be given some chances to work as well.

Meanwhile, the Mavericks acquire someone who can play next to Porzingis in 5-out lineups as they try to salvage their season, and they may be interested in retaining Theis next year with his Bird rights.  The Kings get two rookie 1st-round picks as they embark on yet another rebuild.  Edwards is more of a throw-away -- I think he's a better option than the Kings current last man on the roster (Justin James) -- the benefit of moving Edwards to the Celtics is to create some additional luxury tax space with Brown's incentives potentially kicking in, and the Kings probably wouldn't say no to his inclusion.

The link below shows that the trade works.  TradeNBA hates Harrison Barnes and loves Theis, so the Mavs certainly do this deal if that website is correct, and it makes sense for the Kings as well in my book.  I think the fit of Barnes with our other bigs is better than Theis, so I disagree about their wins expectation for Boston. I'd strongly prefer to do some deal like this with Thompson moved instead of Theis, but I don't think such a deal realistically exists.  (I tried to concoct one with Phoenix getting Thompson, but I can't justify them giving up comparable value for a backup to Ayton at MLE money for the next two seasons.)

https://tradenba.com/trades/vsXmkOyCo

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2021, 01:08:05 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I would do this.  I feel like there’s still untapped potential there with Gordon.  If he plays a Draymond Green type of role, I think he could help the Celtics a lot. 

Orlando is awful this year and have Isaac back next year, so he may be available.  He’s also only 25 and signed for next season at a reasonable $16 million.

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2021, 02:11:11 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I would do this.  I feel like there’s still untapped potential there with Gordon.  If he plays a Draymond Green type of role, I think he could help the Celtics a lot. 

Orlando is awful this year and have Isaac back next year, so he may be available.  He’s also only 25 and signed for next season at a reasonable $16 million.

Pretty much my reasoning. I know people harp on his shooting, but he's an underrated passer and his defensive potential is really intriguing.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2021, 03:00:44 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Waters for LeBron

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2021, 04:45:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yeah, with how Kemba is rounding into All-Star level play I would be very happy with just this kind of move. Add an athletic defender with good passing who is pretty versatile and bang! Think we’d be hard to beat
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2021, 04:58:11 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Waters for LeBron

LeBron is really old.... 8)

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2021, 09:19:32 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Harrison barnes or Aaron Gordon. what we are missing most this season is Gordon Haywards 17ppg.

having a player (one of those guys) who consistently can put up 16ppg and take pressure off the Jays/the bench would be huge.

personally I want aaron gordon as his age (25) fits right in with Brown/Tatum. Barnes is only 28, but just looking at the future of this team.

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2021, 11:10:22 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Well if this isn't a typical trade scenario on this site then I don't know what is.

Hey celtics fans teams don't give players away!

3 nothing's don't equal 1 something.

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2021, 11:13:04 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
Also that trade would never happen because Danny would ask for 3 1st rnd picks thrown in to make the deal equal...

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2021, 11:32:22 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Don't have one in mind at the moment, but I do hope Danny can find a way to at least add some bench help if possible. That definitely shouldn't cost much, and it'll allow us to keep the TPE to use in the offseason. I mean, don't we also have the Kanter TPE and other avenues to add cheap bench guys?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2021, 03:39:46 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Well if this isn't a typical trade scenario on this site then I don't know what is.

It's hard to gauge Romeo's value. I've seen posts on this site thinking that Romeo is going to somehow save our season, but then others think he's nothing. My thinking is that he's a young player who could fit well with the hospital core (Fultz and Isaacs) they're already developing there. They get a 1st and save money.

For us, it gives us the bigger wing we'd need and we may actually be able to hold onto some of 1sts for another deal down the road. Idk what Aaron's value is either, but he'd be cheaper than Vucevic. We'd also maintain $10m of the TPE for the offeason. Carsen is a throw in to keep us away from the tax.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

It's hard to gauge Romeo's value. I've seen posts on this site thinking that Romeo is going to somehow save our season, but then others think he's nothing. My thinking is that he's a young player who could fit well with the hospital core (Fultz and Isaacs) they're already developing there. They get a 1st and save money.

For us, it gives us the bigger wing we'd need and we may actually be able to hold onto some of 1sts for another deal down the road. Idk what Aaron's value is either, but he'd be cheaper than Vucevic. We'd also maintain $10m of the TPE for the offeason. Carsen is a throw in to keep us away from the tax.

Just what we need more draft picks.