Author Topic: Disappointed at Grant Williams game  (Read 12686 times)

Re: Disappointed at Grant Williams game
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2021, 05:01:55 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Grant  would do really well....as PF in the 80s. In todays NBA he doesnt have the quickness for his size. And with all the defensive rules he cant use his most outstanding trait, super strength.

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2021, 05:02:34 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Would like to see him take Ojeleye’s minutes

Why? Grant Williams shoots the 3 ball better than Semi, 43% vs 38%, but other than that he doesn’t do anything well. Least Semi can play defense and guard multiple positions. Grant can’t guard any position.

That breaks down to one more make every 20 shots or probably one more make every week or so.

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2021, 05:08:58 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Teague, Pritchard, TT, GW and Semi are all in the same boat you can't depend on any of them. You play the guys based on match ups and you pull a guy if he doesn't have it.

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2021, 05:38:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Teague, Pritchard, TT, GW and Semi are all in the same boat you can't depend on any of them. You play the guys based on match ups and you pull a guy if he doesn't have it.

I don’t think it’s fair to group Pritchard in there. He’s been good for the majority of the season. Had what, one bad week?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2021, 05:59:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Would like to see him take Ojeleye’s minutes

Tp

Do you really think there is that much difference?
I do personally. I like what Grant does on defence more, as he seems more comfortable defending bigger guys. Grant is also a significantly more trustworthy player on offence. He's more efficient from 3, more efficient from 2, slightly better at rebounding and passing, and is 4 years younger.

On the flipside he's more foul and turnover prone. But I can live with that
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2021, 12:14:35 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
If we make any moves this season id be perfectly happy with moving semi, langford, williams edwards, green, taco and whatever other scrubs we got kicking around and whatever draft picks we can offer to just get some serviceable bench guys in here. They don't have to be great, they just have to not be a complete waste of time.

Veteran role players that just do what they do and not a complete loss when we put em in the game.

If we could trade all of that for a decent back up SF and PF that'd be great. It would clear up that cluster of crap on the bench.

I really don't think we need these high profile guys we're rumored to be interested in. Guys like vuc and grant don't move the needle enough to get us anywhere this season and they're likely going to cause us either smart brown or williams. While I'm not opposed to moving those guys I think we could go after lesser profile guys that won't cost us those guys and we probably end up in the same spot, while not giving up the farm.