Author Topic: Rajon Rondo = BJ Armstrong.  (Read 69403 times)

Rajon Rondo = BJ Armstrong.
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:43:30 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Even Tommy, the biggest Rondo fanboy, didn't like his play. Rondo is basically Ben Wallace on offense. He may get a couple buckets off of cuts but besides that he's useless. I'm putting this loss on him. I think he's had more missed layups and airballs than FG this year.

Like BJ, Rondo will be there for the championship ride but he'll never be the reason why a team wins a title! ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:19:27 PM by JR Giddens »

Re: So lets here the excuses for Rondo!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 10:45:59 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
sadly
theres no way an NBA team wins with only one pg
every player in the league have bad games like rondo have this one
but its GM and coach fault not to be ready for that
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 10:46:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

theirs no excuses he was horrid tonight.

moving on.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:47:17 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Tommy called Rondo out for having poor practice habits and Doc needs to give Pruit some burn.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 10:50:44 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Tommy called Rondo out for having poor practice habits and Doc needs to give Pruit some burn.

when was this, he said nothing of the kind about rondo's practice habits. he did say that gabe might be the only PG we have who can gaurd billups.

rondo is pretty much one of the hardest workers in practice, unless the team is lying for him.

That said, he had a horrid night, and thier is no excuse for it, but lets not invent stuff tommy said.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 10:51:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Rondo has been awful this season. He has shown no improvement running the team. He's been playing some really dumb basketball so far.

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:56:55 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
 >:( >:( By the sound of this board, at this point, the Cs would be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for Rondo >:( >:(

Okay, that was sarcastic.  Yes, Rondo hasn't been great, but give a guy a chance.  If it makes anyone feel better, Rondo's +/- for the game was +6 whereas Billups was -4.  Therefore, Rondo played better than Billups  :-\. Okay, that was sarcastic as well.

(sorry everyone, I am in a bad, sarcastic mood because of the loss.  i think the close loss to the Jets last night has compounded things.  thank goodness for this board so I can blow off steam and spare my wife my ranting and raving).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton

when was this, he said nothing of the kind about rondo's practice habits. he did say that gabe might be the only PG we have who can gaurd billups.

rondo is pretty much one of the hardest workers in practice, unless the team is lying for him.

That said, he had a horrid night, and thier is no excuse for it, but lets not invent stuff tommy said.

Tommy said rondo was missing layups in practice and it was carrying over to the game and yes he did call them "bad practice habits"

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

Tommy said rondo was missing layups in practice and it was carrying over to the game and yes he did call them "bad practice habits"

pretty sure he didn't, but again, much as i love tommy, i'll trust his teammates over tommy in regards to his practice habits, and in every story for the press, they say he's the hardest worker.

He had a horrid game. weee.

only concerned if it becomes a string of bad games.

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 11:06:47 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
Wouldnt you like to see Pruit get some minutes?

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 11:15:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

In my mind he hasn't played well in pretty much all season.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 11:16:28 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

well, thats your mind, and your welcome to it, in mine he's played well most of the time, and had 2 bad games.

His only currently infuriating thing for me is a regression in taking his jumpshot. I don't care if he's shooting well or not, he needs to take the darn thing.

last year he would take it. now he just plain won't. don't know if that's a new mental thing on him or they don't want him to coaching wise, who knows.

But he needs to shoot when open, miss or make.

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

well, thats your mind, and your welcome to it, in mine he's played well most of the time, and had 2 bad games.

His only currently infuriating thing for me is a regression in taking his jumpshot. I don't care if he's shooting well or not, he needs to take the darn thing.

last year he would take it. now he just plain won't. don't know if that's a new mental thing on him or they don't want him to coaching wise, who knows.

But he needs to shoot when open, miss or make.

I really don't care about his shooting or his assists... I care how I see him running the offense. It has been my main complaint from day one last season, and he's yet to show much improvement over it. I really don't like his decision making. I hated it during the playoffs, and I still hate it. In fact, some of the games I thought he played well during the playoffs he had poor shooting nights and/or maybe some low assists games.

I think he has even regressed a bit in this department, and you say... he is not taking the open shot he used to take last season.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I think it´s obvious that he has a confidence problem. I don´t know how to do it, but the team has to solve this problem. It´s crucial that your PG can shoot, and it´s crucial for him to be able to keep defenses honest.

Maybe they should give Rondo the green light on offense for the next games, and don´t care about the W? Tell him to shoot the ball at least 10 times per game. No floaters, take it to the hoop often and strong and shoot a lot of free throws.

Anything.

I know there are some coaches on this site.
What would you do, if you were Doc, to get Rondo to shoot more?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
sit him on the bench.