Author Topic: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19  (Read 71807 times)

Re: Bucks (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Round 2 Game 3 5/3/19
« Reply #1050 on: May 04, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
To me it is plain and simple. Hayward has to be good in order to win. a 15-20 points and 4-6 assists would do the trick. Our bench has to outperform theirs.
Everything else hoops on that, the defense the ball movement etc

I agree. Not just Hayward, but our bench overall. Their bench, on the road, killed us. Hill, Connaughton and Ilyasova. We cannot allow guys like that to beat us at home.

Hayward and Rozier were awful. Baynes and Theis were non existent. Semi was a mixed bag but his offensive limitations killed us down the stretch.

« Reply #1051 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04:38 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Now the Celtics are going to be viewed as "whiners"/"sore losers" for blaming the officials tonight. Kyrie, Tatum...eh.

Even though I know the officiating was horrible tonight, just looking at the FT disparity. But some of the loss has to do with bad execution and coaching, too.
32 FTAs vs. 36 FTAs with the Celtics actually making more FTs (30 to 24).  Complain about that and you'll sound like an idiotic sour loser.  Maybe if the Celts aggressively tried to get to the basket throughout the game there'd have been a different result.
Rofl
why are they calling fouls now??? LOL
So that there's no foul disparity, which they will point to and claim "the officiating was equal!"
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1052 on: May 04, 2019, 03:34:47 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Why didn’t they get the calls in game 2? It’s a losing proposition and only losers campaign the league because of calls or no calls.

So the Celtics won the title in 2010 then?  Cuz I’m pretty sure it was the Lakers in a rigged game 7 after Phil Jackson Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ed and moaned about unfair officiating. Care to comment on this?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #1053 on: May 04, 2019, 03:38:24 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Just saw a crazy stat. If you discount garbage time, the Bucks have shot 77% of the TOTAL free throws of the series.
About what we should have expected given they shoot a lot and we shoot a little.

You really are ridiculous. I understand trying to be objective, but you really have wool over your eyes if you think they haven't got a favorable call all series, especially Giannis. Kyrie has been taking it inside plenty, yet he has nowhere near the calls of Giannis.

100% agree.
Man, people need to man up around here.  They’ve been better.  Period.
You aren't the paragon of truth and rationality that you think you are
😁
Yeah, one of us is living in make believe.

Yeah, namely the guy that is literally arguing that Giannis "Dr. Offensive Foul" Antetokounmpo is getting a fair whistle, i.e. you.

What, you didn’t know that psychosis is a perfectly viable coping mechanism?

« Reply #1054 on: May 04, 2019, 04:55:19 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Now the Celtics are going to be viewed as "whiners"/"sore losers" for blaming the officials tonight. Kyrie, Tatum...eh.

Even though I know the officiating was horrible tonight, just looking at the FT disparity. But some of the loss has to do with bad execution and coaching, too.
32 FTAs vs. 36 FTAs with the Celtics actually making more FTs (30 to 24).  Complain about that and you'll sound like an idiotic sour loser.  Maybe if the Celts aggressively tried to get to the basket throughout the game there'd have been a different result.

I get that you were on Liberty Ballers and weren't watching the game, but with 2 minutes left in the 3rd Giannis had 16 FTs and the entire Celtics team had 10.

Maybe watch the game next time instead of writing sick Embiid fan fiction.

« Reply #1055 on: May 04, 2019, 05:00:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I get that you were on Liberty Ballers and weren't watching the game, but with 2 minutes left in the 3rd Giannis had 16 FTs and the entire Celtics team had 10.

Not here to instigate, but this made me LOL.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1056 on: May 04, 2019, 05:03:36 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Try again.  I watched the whole game although I had the sound muted and was listening to podcasts instead.  Saw the defense make Hill and Connaughton look like stars. 

« Reply #1057 on: May 04, 2019, 05:15:18 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Try again.  I watched the whole game although I had the sound muted and was listening to podcasts instead.  Saw the defense make Hill and Connaughton look like stars.

I don’t need to try again. 16 to 10. But I have to give you credit, you’re one of the most determined bots I’ve ever come across.

« Reply #1058 on: May 04, 2019, 05:16:09 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

Not here to instigate, but this made me LOL.

Respect. I’ve always enjoyed your posts here.

« Reply #1059 on: May 04, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
To me it is plain and simple. Hayward has to be good in order to win. a 15-20 points and 4-6 assists would do the trick. Our bench has to outperform theirs.
Everything else hoops on that, the defense the ball movement etc

I agree. Not just Hayward, but our bench overall. Their bench, on the road, killed us. Hill, Connaughton and Ilyasova. We cannot allow guys like that to beat us at home.

Hayward and Rozier were awful. Baynes and Theis were non existent. Semi was a mixed bag but his offensive limitations killed us down the stretch.

Agree on Hayward... Rozier was one of just two players to put up a + in the +/- so I don't agree that he was awful.

It is very troubling to see every starter score 15+ points and then have our 30 million dollar per year bench player Gordon Hayward put up a passive 10 points and get to the line just twice in his 33 minutes. 

« Reply #1060 on: May 04, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Though Hayward didn't score, he played well in the first half getting 4 assists and 4 rebounds while going to the basket a bunch and then dishing rather than going up with ridiculously contested bad layups.

Unfortunately, he seems to have taken on Jaylen's bench role of hanging out in corners waiting for the pass out for a three. That, IMO, is horrible use of both Brown and Hayward.

Have the Baynes', Smarts, Theis', Morris' and Roziers of the team play those roles. Have the ball in Hayward's hands playing pick n roll, pick and pop with the Tatum's, Brown's, Horford's and Kyrie's of the team.

« Reply #1061 on: May 04, 2019, 09:13:36 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Why didn’t they get the calls in game 2? It’s a losing proposition and only losers campaign the league because of calls or no calls.

So the Celtics won the title in 2010 then?  Cuz I’m pretty sure it was the Lakers in a rigged game 7 after Phil Jackson ****ed and moaned about unfair officiating. Care to comment on this?

It was like a 21 to 4 FT advantage for the Lakers in the 4th quarter of 2010? Can't make that stuff up. The Celtics were supposed to be the ones celebrating their 18th championship at Staples Center that night.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1062 on: May 04, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Though Hayward didn't score, he played well in the first half getting 4 assists and 4 rebounds while going to the basket a bunch and then dishing rather than going up with ridiculously contested bad layups.

Unfortunately, he seems to have taken on Jaylen's bench role of hanging out in corners waiting for the pass out for a three. That, IMO, is horrible use of both Brown and Hayward.

Have the Baynes', Smarts, Theis', Morris' and Roziers of the team play those roles. Have the ball in Hayward's hands playing pick n roll, pick and pop with the Tatum's, Brown's, Horford's and Kyrie's of the team.
I absolutely hate that this is part of Brads offence. It’s such a waste of our talent. Brown is well-suited to playing off-ball, but not just standing idly by in the corner. Hayward is suited to having the ball in his hands. Yet half the time Brad runs his weird 3 man actions that leave two wings just stranded in the corner. Ugh
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1063 on: May 04, 2019, 11:28:17 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I absolutely hate that this is part of Brads offence. It’s such a waste of our talent. Brown is well-suited to playing off-ball, but not just standing idly by in the corner. Hayward is suited to having the ball in his hands. Yet half the time Brad runs his weird 3 man actions that leave two wings just stranded in the corner. Ugh
Absolutely agree, and it doesn't work well either. You usually get a tough contested jumper that ends up bricking.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1064 on: May 05, 2019, 08:52:17 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

It's for the drive and kick but Brown and Gordon are actually better suited to initiating the drive and kick, rather than being the beneficiary. I guess Brad has more confidence in their ability to hit corner 3s than with JT or Terry.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D