Author Topic: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9  (Read 160454 times)

Re: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9
« Reply #1065 on: June 09, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Doc at the mic. He is one classy man.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #1066 on: June 09, 2012, 11:36:41 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1558
Just never thought we were gonna lose tonite.

we are horrendous at holding leads and we cannot play fior 48 minutes. i was just hoping after we blew our lead that we could just hold serve like we did in game 5 and win it at the end. we couldn't. we fell apart at the worst time. I knew when we could not get a 5 or 6 point counter run there was no way we were staying close til the end again like game 5. sickening way to end this. i would rathyer lebron beat us at the buzzer.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1067 on: June 09, 2012, 11:38:08 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Thunder in six. Anything but a title for Miami is a total failure

« Reply #1068 on: June 09, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Bosh was the difference.  Unbelievable shooting.
Yup

« Reply #1069 on: June 09, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Wade has turned into a real jerk
I know people who used to like Wade who can't stand him now and I'm included in that.
He flops and whines like a little brat now and he plays dirty yet gets away with it. His attitude has changed to a jerk too.
He's not humble anymore and I've heard from people who know him say he has changed with his ego.
LeBron is at least a little likable but Wade gets on my nerves.

« Reply #1070 on: June 09, 2012, 11:44:06 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I feel bad for you guys because I know how many of you irrationally hate lebron James.  I sympathize with you guys but I'm genuinely rooting for the heat in the finals.  For Seattle and because I truly appreciate lebrons ability ... Boston gave it their all.  Proud of my boys but this was inevitable

How about his ability to travel, argue with refs, commit fouls, ram the lane like a bull in heat and getting away with it? It's not irrational. You on the other hand, lack perception and knowledge of basketball.

« Reply #1071 on: June 09, 2012, 11:45:55 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
I feel bad for you guys because I know how many of you irrationally hate lebron James.  I sympathize with you guys but I'm genuinely rooting for the heat in the finals.  For Seattle and because I truly appreciate lebrons ability ... Boston gave it their all.  Proud of my boys but this was inevitable

How about his ability to travel, argue with refs, commit fouls, ram the lane like a bull in heat and getting away with it? It's not irrational. You on the other hand, lack perception and knowledge of basketball.

This x100000000000

« Reply #1072 on: June 09, 2012, 11:46:20 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Thunder in six. Anything but a title for Miami is a total failure
They'll probably make excuses for them like last season. They made the excuse like they needed another year to gel and it was an accomplishment to even make the Finals.
I told them that Boston Big 3 came together and in 1 year won it all. No excuses for not winning it all when they were hyped up to win the first year.
If they don't take it all this season I don't wanna hear jack from Miami fans and bandwagon riders.

« Reply #1073 on: June 09, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
Anyone who blames the ref ps tonight  is embarrassing themselves

They weren't a factor? BS.

« Reply #1074 on: June 09, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I know you're emotional right now so I'm not going to take that personally,

Boston went much further than anyone really should have expected them to go.  Had Rose avoided injury, we probably wouldn't have made it out of the 2nd round.  Fact is, we pushed a great team to 7 games... and the key to that great team is the greatest basketball player currently alive.  LeBron brought it every night like no other player in this league can bring it.  For the series he averaged 33.6 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists ... He earned this victory.  He should have earned your respect.  And he's been busting his ass in this league for 9 brilliant seasons... he's paid his dues... it's time for him to win a championship and I'll be rooting for him to get it.   Enough of the petty hate... nobody is perfect... but on a basketball court, LeBron James comes as close as one can get to perfection and I appreciate the heck out of that.

This was never Boston's year.  I love my team.  I love the effort they gave.  Yesterday I said this:

We'll more than likely go down fighting in Game 7.  Probably lose by 8-15 points, but you'll get the sense that everyone on the team gave it their all... they just fell short.  And I'm ok with that.  The Oklahoma City Thunder are a different breed of team and I want no part in playing them.  Let the Miami Heat deal with them.  We'll have our graceful exit Saturday and nobody should hold it against Boston's overachievers for the loss... they will just commend them for pushing a better team further than they should have.

They gave me exactly what I hoped... a graceful exit... an 12 point loss and a sense that everyone gave it their all and just fell short.  I commend them for that.  I'm extremely happy with how these playoffs went considering the disaster our regular season was looking like early.

« Reply #1075 on: June 09, 2012, 11:59:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Anyone who blames the ref ps tonight  is embarrassing themselves

Anyone who can't see reality should also be embarrassed. The Celtics needed to play better, there is no doubt. But with the refs engineering things, it forces the Celtics to play [dang]ed near perfect basketball. Meanwhile, the Heat do whatever they want. Travel, hang on the rim, mug our guys and no they can take any shot they want because more than likely they will get free throws.

You have to stop assuming when I or anyone else calls the refs out that we are saying it is ONLY because of the refs. THAT would be stupid to say. But if you believe this game was called fairly and the Celtics just lost on their own, then we will have to disagree. I did not see that. The fourth quarter was a joke when it came to the officiating.

Lebron had 0 fouls? Tell me, in all honesty, how? I can point to five fouls I saw alone. Take away any bias I may have influencing me and he had at least two. But, zero. The Heat as a team did not commit a foul until the game was already won. That is somehow believable?

The NBA is a crock. This is the last series I am watching. I stuck it out because of my love for these Celtics, but this is just not the league it used to be. The sport is ruined and the front office is not much more than a conglomeration of agents making sure their superstars stay in the limelight and get sneaker deals.

The NBA is the worst run league in professional sports and more and more people are now realizing that. When Laker fans are telling me Boston is getting jobbed, you know something is up. When Heat fans (3 of them tonight alone) tell me the same thing...it is obvious.

Love the Celtics. Absolutely love them. I wish they played in a league that let them win or lose on their own, that's all. That goes for every team in the league, including the Heat.

I didn't see it. This was the best reffed game of the series.
but that's like saying, 'my pet has great breath, for a dog'

officiating was slanted towards the Heat tonight.  a couple of bogus calls on KG that were not also called on the Heat.  C's drives to the basket getting no foul calls.  there was a bias.  granted other games were worse, but tonight was not an evenly called game.  It wasn't the difference though.  C's were outplayed

« Reply #1076 on: June 10, 2012, 12:21:55 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.?  I mean i am upset we lost too, but really your comment is just an embarrassment. 

Maybe it was just too much for KG and Rondo at that moment, or whatever.  To me, sports and competition are about more than winning.  Regardless of how much we all hate D Wade (me included) and LJ and the heat, I think I would have respected KG and Rondo more by sticking with the rest of their team and coach, give a quick good game, and then take off.

I know this won't be a popular thing to say, but I am disappointed that KG and Rondo just take off for the locker room without shaking hands with the Heat.  I know we hate them, I know the refs were against us, I know that we probably didn't get a fair shake in game 2, but cmon guys, give props to the team that won.
Have some class, and do the right thing.  As far as I was concerned, walking away wasn't the right thing.

That said, I hate to see our team go down.  We have the most heart of any team I have ever seen.  I am PROUD to say I am a CELTIC Fan.
congrats heat.  Now come on Thunder, take em out.

what????????? you are lucky someone did not punch lebron in his [dang] face because he asks for it all the time with his antics.

« Reply #1077 on: June 10, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
How do you respect somebody who's given an obvious unfair advantage LaBrd33? Should I respect the student who scores 100% on a test but is given 20% of the test beforehand? Should I respect those who have success in a caste system?

I concede his greatness as a player but respect? Nope, don't respect those who get to play by a different set of rules.

« Reply #1078 on: June 10, 2012, 12:27:29 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Well, what more could we expect? Five on eight all through game seven. With a 25 to 15 free throw disparity and Lebron shooting 17 himself, two more than all the Celtics combined, Boston struggled to pull away in the first half and couldn’t put together an effective response in the second half, due in part to the blatant fouls on Celtic drives being roundly ignored. Miami was not called for a single foul in the fourth quarter until 1:48 left in the game, by which point the outcome had been essentially decided. Really, it wasn’t what the refs called tonight; it was what they didn’t call.

The travels and whining were also in rare form tonight, as both Wade and James demonstratively complained to the referees on multiple occasions. Two particular instances stand out in my mind—Lebron claiming Pierce pushed him and screaming at the ref, then making dismissive and derisive hand gestures as he trotted up the floor, and Wade, after Hollins blocked his layup, throwing an absolute fit and doing the “get outta here!” thrashing motion across his body multiple times, all with the expression of a man passing a kidney stone the size of an eight ball. Funny how those demonstrations “show up the refs” yet don’t warrant a technical, nor does Lebron hanging on the rim for a full 5 seconds after an alley-oops, kicking at Rondo’s head, and doing a chin up count as “hanging on the rim in celebration,” despite it being, y’know, something explicitly outlined in the rulebook as a technical.
As far as game play went, Lebron got into the lane effectively with his patented first step--that is to say, taking a first step and then dribbling the ball--all night, and it yielded him some easy dunks and 17 free throws, which was, again, more than the Celtics team, despite the men in green’s repeated efforts to attack the basket—Paul Pierce in particular, but also Brandon Bass in the first half. Wade looked athletic yet toothless, per usual, and will be soundly outplayed by James Harden in the finals.

Neither Lebron nor Wade had a particularly good showing offensively, both shooting poor percentages from the field. The difference was Chris Bosh going 8-10 and scoring 19 points, while also pilling off an unbelievable three-for-four performance from three. I guess he had ample time to practice and add a new shot to his repertoire while he was out with his ab injury. Battier shot 9 threes and hit 4 of them, which was good for 12 points and kept them in the game in the first half. That and Lebron parading to the line. It’s worth slipping in here than Shane Battier plays basketball like a WASP spitting on poor people. He couldn’t look more smarmy or pleased with himself. Forget a crap-eating grin, you can actually see the duke (pun) between his teeth when he flashes that gap-toothed smile.

Defensively, the Heat showed aggressively on Rondo in the pick and roll, and it worked well. They showed and then sagged, but not so much that they couldn’t get in a light contest against his jumper. Rondo needs time to gather himself and get in rhythm in order to drain a jumper, and while he has become proficient at draining wide open shots, he needs too much time to release the ball and does not get enough elevation to deal with even a moderate contest from a bigger, athletic player like Haslem, Wade, or Lebron.  This really threw Rondo out of whack in the second half, leaving him in dreaded “stand there and direct traffic mode,” either with the ball tucked under his arm or dancing around nervously with his dribble. It was maddening to watch. Ray and Pierce’s lack of mobility became particularly apparent in these half-court situations, as they could not come off screens or v-cut effectively to get open, nor did they have any of their explosiveness to punish defenders with when they did make the catch with a man in their jock. There is no obvious answer for this other than Rondo driving aggressively in the paint and kicking to open shooters for uncontested looks, or Rondo taking the ball off the rebound and exploding into transition, something he never did tonight. Our fast break and semi-transition game was abysmal and nearly non-existent, and it put our offense into shambles in the second half.

To be clear with this X’s and O’s stuff – I do not think Doc got out-coached by Spoelstra. I think Spoelstra finally pulled his head out of his butt the last two games and made some simple adjustments that we simply did not have the personnel to counter. If Spoelstra was a good coach he would’ve figured out that he had a healthier, more athletic team and that Boston had severe offensive deficiencies, both as a product of their poor health, and their players’ weaknesses, after game three or four--not just in time to bring the Heat back from the brink of destruction in games six and seven. He nearly lost his job by messing around and being a dimwit and should not be commended for implementing a strategy that made the Heat two-thirds as good as they should be instead of worse than Philadelphia. I have more to say about the nitty-gritty of this game, but my brain is spinning and I don’t have the mental fortitude to delve back into this game any further. It hurts too much. In summation…

The referees certainly did not help tonight, and Miami got the home cooking tonight that Boston deserved in game 6, but ultimately the Celtics were an over-achieving team running on the fumes of fumes and several bad wheels. Chris Bosh’s stomach hurt, and aside from that, Miami was as energetic and bouncy as my cats when they get into the chocolate covered coffee beans. Hats off to this Celtics team, I hope Miami gets freaking destroyed by the Thunder, because they are Hollywood as hell. Peace out.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #1079 on: June 10, 2012, 02:16:07 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 594

I know you're emotional right now so I'm not going to take that personally,

Boston went much further than anyone really should have expected them to go.  Had Rose avoided injury, we probably wouldn't have made it out of the 2nd round.  Fact is, we pushed a great team to 7 games... and the key to that great team is the greatest basketball player currently alive.  LeBron brought it every night like no other player in this league can bring it.  For the series he averaged 33.6 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists ... He earned this victory.  He should have earned your respect.  And he's been busting his ass in this league for 9 brilliant seasons... he's paid his dues... it's time for him to win a championship and I'll be rooting for him to get it.   Enough of the petty hate... nobody is perfect... but on a basketball court, LeBron James comes as close as one can get to perfection and I appreciate the heck out of that.

This was never Boston's year.  I love my team.  I love the effort they gave.  Yesterday I said this:

We'll more than likely go down fighting in Game 7.  Probably lose by 8-15 points, but you'll get the sense that everyone on the team gave it their all... they just fell short.  And I'm ok with that.  The Oklahoma City Thunder are a different breed of team and I want no part in playing them.  Let the Miami Heat deal with them.  We'll have our graceful exit Saturday and nobody should hold it against Boston's overachievers for the loss... they will just commend them for pushing a better team further than they should have.

They gave me exactly what I hoped... a graceful exit... an 12 point loss and a sense that everyone gave it their all and just fell short.  I commend them for that.  I'm extremely happy with how these playoffs went considering the disaster our regular season was looking like early.

I get it now, and thank you for providing a good laugh at such a depressing time. If you can say with a straight face that he would put up those numbers if he was remotely treated the same way as everyone else, then you have no clue about the game.
Still don't believe in Joe.