Author Topic: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9  (Read 160536 times)

Re: Celtics (3-3) at Heat (3-3) ECF Game 7 6/9
« Reply #1050 on: June 09, 2012, 11:23:51 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Losing a Celtic is better than winning as any other team.

« Reply #1051 on: June 09, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I know this won't be a popular thing to say, but I am disappointed that KG and Rondo just take off for the locker room without shaking hands with the Heat.  I know we hate them, I know the refs were against us, I know that we probably didn't get a fair shake in game 2, but cmon guys, give props to the team that won.
Have some class, and do the right thing.  As far as I was concerned, walking away wasn't the right thing.

That said, I hate to see our team go down.  We have the most heart of any team I have ever seen.  I am PROUD to say I am a CELTIC Fan.
congrats heat.  Now come on Thunder, take em out.

« Reply #1052 on: June 09, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »

Offline syn2k12

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
lebron hangs on rim for 45 seconds, doc says "come on eddie" TECH

« Reply #1053 on: June 09, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Anyone who blames the ref ps tonight  is embarrassing themselves

Anyone who can't see reality should also be embarrassed. The Celtics needed to play better, there is no doubt. But with the refs engineering things, it forces the Celtics to play [dang]ed near perfect basketball. Meanwhile, the Heat do whatever they want. Travel, hang on the rim, mug our guys and know they can take any shot they want because more than likely they will get free throws.

You have to stop assuming when I or anyone else calls the refs out that we are saying it is ONLY because of the refs. THAT would be stupid to say. But if you believe this game was called fairly and the Celtics just lost on their own, then we will have to disagree. I did not see that. The fourth quarter was a joke when it came to the officiating.

Lebron had 0 fouls? Tell me, in all honesty, how? I can point to five fouls I saw alone. Take away any bias I may have influencing me and he had at least two. But, zero. The Heat as a team did not commit a foul until the game was already won. That is somehow believable?

The NBA is a crock. This is the last series I am watching. I stuck it out because of my love for these Celtics, but this is just not the league it used to be. The sport is ruined and the front office is not much more than a conglomeration of agents making sure their superstars stay in the limelight and get sneaker deals.

The NBA is the worst run league in professional sports and more and more people are now realizing that. When Laker fans are telling me Boston is getting jobbed, you know something is up. When Heat fans (3 of them tonight alone) tell me the same thing...it is obvious.

Love the Celtics. Absolutely love them. I wish they played in a league that let them win or lose on their own, that's all. That goes for every team in the league, including the Heat.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #1054 on: June 09, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
I couldn't care less about OKC or MyHammy. I'd love to see Perk getting a second ring, and Ibaka too. That's all.

I don't like any Heat player, I'd only would want Haslem or LeBrick (to backup the Captain) on the Celtics. But that's it.

I hate how things ended up, I hate Stern for ruining the NBA, and I only watch because of the Celtics.

I love the Celtics, and I love Celticsblog. We'll be back sooner than we can imagine right now. Rondo (this era's Cousy) will have his Big Mate (this era's Russell) and with the Big 3 back at limited money, and Jeff Green, Avery Bradley and some young guns, we'll be back at the top very soon.

Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #1055 on: June 09, 2012, 11:25:56 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Would have liked to seen this team with Bradley...green and wilcox. I just don't think Miami can beat the thunder

« Reply #1056 on: June 09, 2012, 11:27:49 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Best thing about this loss....I won't be forced to watch abc/espn programming for three straight hours or look at the Heat's insufferable fans acting like toolboxes. ;D

« Reply #1057 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Anyone who blames the ref ps tonight  is embarrassing themselves

Anyone who can't see reality should also be embarrassed. The Celtics needed to play better, there is no doubt. But with the refs engineering things, it forces the Celtics to play [dang]ed near perfect basketball. Meanwhile, the Heat do whatever they want. Travel, hang on the rim, mug our guys and no they can take any shot they want because more than likely they will get free throws.

You have to stop assuming when I or anyone else calls the refs out that we are saying it is ONLY because of the refs. THAT would be stupid to say. But if you believe this game was called fairly and the Celtics just lost on their own, then we will have to disagree. I did not see that. The fourth quarter was a joke when it came to the officiating.

Lebron had 0 fouls? Tell me, in all honesty, how? I can point to five fouls I saw alone. Take away any bias I may have influencing me and he had at least two. But, zero. The Heat as a team did not commit a foul until the game was already won. That is somehow believable?

The NBA is a crock. This is the last series I am watching. I stuck it out because of my love for these Celtics, but this is just not the league it used to be. The sport is ruined and the front office is not much more than a conglomeration of agents making sure their superstars stay in the limelight and get sneaker deals.

The NBA is the worst run league in professional sports and more and more people are now realizing that. When Laker fans are telling me Boston is getting jobbed, you know something is up. When Heat fans (3 of them tonight alone) tell me the same thing...it is obvious.

Love the Celtics. Absolutely love them. I wish they played in a league that let them win or lose on their own, that's all. That goes for every team in the league, including the Heat.

I didn't see it. This was the best reffed game of the series.

« Reply #1058 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »

Offline ShermansShoes

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'd be upset if Rondo and KG stood out there and shook hands.  They make my kids 5/6 baseball team do that.  I like it.

« Reply #1059 on: June 09, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Best thing about this loss....I won't be forced to watch abc/espn programming for three straight hours or look at the Heat's insufferable fans acting like toolboxes. ;D

Isn't that the truth

« Reply #1060 on: June 09, 2012, 11:30:13 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Anyone who blames the ref ps tonight  is embarrassing themselves

Anyone who can't see reality should also be embarrassed. The Celtics needed to play better, there is no doubt. But with the refs engineering things, it forces the Celtics to play [dang]ed near perfect basketball. Meanwhile, the Heat do whatever they want. Travel, hang on the rim, mug our guys and no they can take any shot they want because more than likely they will get free throws.

I didn't see it. This was the best reffed game of the series.

Ok, then I am happy you do not have the dirty feeling I do. I am not going to argue the point, not with a fellow Celtics fan. I saw what I saw and I really didn't want to see it.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #1061 on: June 09, 2012, 11:30:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Anyone who blames the ref ps tonight  is embarrassing themselves

Anyone who can't see reality should also be embarrassed. The Celtics needed to play better, there is no doubt. But with the refs engineering things, it forces the Celtics to play [dang]ed near perfect basketball. Meanwhile, the Heat do whatever they want. Travel, hang on the rim, mug our guys and know they can take any shot they want because more than likely they will get free throws.

A freakin men!  Lookin forward to your video ;)

« Reply #1062 on: June 09, 2012, 11:31:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
I know this won't be a popular thing to say, but I am disappointed that KG and Rondo just take off for the locker room without shaking hands with the Heat.  I know we hate them, I know the refs were against us, I know that we probably didn't get a fair shake in game 2, but cmon guys, give props to the team that won.
Have some class, and do the right thing.  As far as I was concerned, walking away wasn't the right thing.

That said, I hate to see our team go down.  We have the most heart of any team I have ever seen.  I am PROUD to say I am a CELTIC Fan.
congrats heat.  Now come on Thunder, take em out.

what????????? you are lucky someone did not punch lebron in his [dang] face because he asks for it all the time with his antics.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1063 on: June 09, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Just never thought we were gonna lose tonite.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1064 on: June 09, 2012, 11:36:04 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Wade has turned into a real jerk