Author Topic: Explain your screen name.  (Read 40134 times)

Re: Explain your screen name.
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 11:05:45 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Do I need to explain?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 11:30:37 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Well, as you can see this season, Rondo_is_clearly_better.

Lecture notes will be available online after class.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 11:39:15 PM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
funny thing... i wanted to start a band when i was like, 11 or 12.... and all the cool metal bands had some "exotic" name:
pantera, sepultura, metallica, anthrax... my answer was to make up a cool sounding band name that would look cool on an album cover... you know... with the first and last letters being significantly bigger than the others... so it just kinda popped in my head and onto the sketch pad... i never started the band... but i'm the only one who would think of using this completely nonsensical made up word online....
so.. needless to say... when i sign up on message boards, or poker sites... i don't have to modify it to "bandonox192" or anything.. everyone always asks me what it means.. y'all are the first to find out
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2009, 03:23:37 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Amager is the place I live.
Btw, it's the name of the entire
island. You know, like Long Island.
I live in the northern part.
Near Sundbyerne  :)

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2009, 07:11:43 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
K = my first name Kyle
Whit10 = my last name Whitten

I felt so proud of myself cuz I figured that one out for myself at the beginning of the week. I saw the name K Whitten attached to one of the names in the Celticsblog March Madness pool, and I put K Whitten and K Whit10 together.  I have to say I was impressed with myself for that and I'm not easily impressed... WOW A BLUE CAR.

Ok real simple here, bdm are my initials, and 860 is my area code.  Was trying to come up with something simple and unoffensive that I could use as an email address for sending out resumes and stuff, and just kind of ended up using it for everything ever since.

Haha  ;D

So from your area code you're from Northern Connecticut?  I grew up in Windsor.

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red
my name, in case you did not know, is in honor of the championship trophy that represented the NBA championship before the Larry O'brien Trophy, the Walter Brown Trophy. The Celtics won 14 Walter Brown Trophies, three Larry O'brien trophies. I thought I would make my name a historical one.
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Funny thing, more about how dumb I am than anything else

I've always read this as "A Meager Celtics Fan", like some kind of self-deprecating thing. I assumed it was European, ie I just didn't get it. Somehow I've always managed to mentally omit that its lacking an "e"

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Well my chosen sport was soccer where height isn't so important.  I loved basketball and used to play for fun in college pickup games.  I used to be in shape  :-\ and could touch the rim, my friend figured if I was 5'9" instead of 5'6" I could dunk.
hence 2short

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Funny thing, more about how dumb I am than anything else

I've always read this as "A Meager Celtics Fan", like some kind of self-deprecating thing. I assumed it was European, ie I just didn't get it. Somehow I've always managed to mentally omit that its lacking an "e"

That'll be my next "CB handle"  ;)
TP for not noticing until now  ;D

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Dan Patrick: Do you have a favorite alias that you've used on the road?
Paul Pierce: Roy Hobbs. Since I beat everybody in pool and tennis and softball, the guys were like, "Man, you're a natural." I practiced nothing. It just came naturally.

Celtics equipment manager/nickname guru John Conner ... is famous for dropping catchy monikers like "The Golden Boy" (Gerald Green) and "Roy Hobbs" (Paul Pierce) on his players.

Plus, The Natural is one of my favorite movies (and a great book, as well).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2009, 10:03:32 AM »

Kiorrik

Erm, well, honestly, this one's a bit of a lame one. I like making up weird names. Lots of people that know me from 'online only' know me by this name by now. I tend to use different nicknames all around, most mean nothing.

Kiorrik (or Kio)
Erron
KiwiBird (or Kwie, a Dutch abbreviation)

KiwiBird was chosen just because it was a 'funny character', drew a KiwiBird, cartoonstyle, and then fit the head of it unto lots of different images. Spooflike.

But Kiorrik? Just a made up name.

But I prefer just being called "Dirk", honestly :)

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2009, 10:18:04 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Any LI reference is sure to earn a TP...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2009, 10:26:11 AM »

Offline drogbagarnett

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Easy!

Two of my favorites ever!!  ;D

First Didier Drogba in a Celtics jersey...

'I've been a fan of basketball for years and having met Kevin Garnett at our summer training camp in LA a couple of years ago, I've followed the Celtics closely,' he said.

'They had a great showdown with the Lakers in the Finals in June and I wish KG and the team the best of luck on Christmas Day.'

and now KG in a Chelsea jersey...

Kevin Garnett dropped by at the Home Depot Center to watch the team, and in particular his favourite Didier Drogba.

Before the game, KG (pictured) was presented with his own Chelsea shirt. 'I've been a fan of Drogba since the Cup final,' said the former NBA MVP, 'and I'm into the Ivory Coast too.

Even Paul Pierce got into it... :-)

Leaving you with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mqSulvDRYA

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Al Jefferson needed to man up... He was always getting injured. Complained about it under this name, and he Man'd Up! :D

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2009, 10:31:25 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
The "BrickJames" monicker was born in May of 2008, during Eastern Conference Finals (game 2, I believe)

The Infamous Banner Faithful in the back row of section 314 (where my seats were last year) were iconic in the Garden.  Believe me or not (you probably don't) but we were the first ones to start hanging the plastic sticky hooks to the back wall of the Garden so that we could hang our jackets and other accessories.  I kid you not.  You may also have heard our "POWE" chants (in the stadium or on National Televison) to the tune of the FSU Tomahawk chant.  Yep, that was us.

In any case, that crew was classic -your typical rambunctious slightly inebriated Boston rafter/bleacher dwellers.  As you may have come to known, I am NOT a fan of LeBaby, and was undertaking a copious amount of non-PG-rated heckling during the ECF.  Every time one of LeBaby's patented ill-advised shots were hoisted, I kept screaming "BRICK", foreshadowing its outcome.  LeBron was having one of those games (that he had been having all too frequently) where early on he was something like 2 for 37 from the field (or it at least seemed that way...) yet still had 25 points in the first half due to his being 22 of 53 from the charity stripe.

In a stroke of genius, the guy next to me paid homage to the comic genius of Mr. Dave Chappelle by bumping me with his elbow, leaning over and stating, "I'm Brick James, b1tch".  While I cannot personally take credit for inventing this pseudonym, I felt obliged to see to it that its legacy would live on to posterity, that the pedantic observation which inspired its forthcoming would be disseminated to the masses.

That night, when I arrived home, I eagerly created this account - BrickJames.

And the rest, as they say, is history.
God bless and good night!