Author Topic: Advice for dealing with wife  (Read 19244 times)

Re: Advice for dealing with wife
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Use the drawers...its not a biggie. Little things like these add up. Women keep count. Trust me. I'm going through hell right now and now I wish I had paid attention to all the little things that seemed "silly" and "why is she mad at that?" back then.
Much wisdom here ... life is far too short to sweat the small stuff, and the big problems will seem much smaller when they come if you've learned how to minimize the impact of the little ones. Nothing's 100%, but generally with women you can't win, but you can lose. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:45 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Use the drawers...its not a biggie. Little things like these add up. Women keep count. Trust me. I'm going through hell right now and now I wish I had paid attention to all the little things that seemed "silly" and "why is she mad at that?" back then.
Much wisdom here ... life is far too short to sweat the small stuff, and the big problems will seem much smaller when they come if you've learned how to minimize the impact of the little ones. Nothing's 100%, but generally with women you can't win, but you can lose. ;)

Bad advice, you do this and I guarantee the next thing she demands is that you don't leave your socks and boxers on the bathroom floor.

Take a stand for all mankind, you're our only hope.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
“A happy wife is a happy life,” - J.J. Redick

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 06:01:16 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Bad advice, you do this and I guarantee the next thing she demands is that you don't leave your socks and boxers on the bathroom floor.

You've clearly had very little experience with the fairer sex ... but then, some of us learn the hard way. I wish you minimal damage in your future negotiations ... and good luck with that. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 06:23:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Best advice you will read here.

Start using the drawers, but write a note on a piece of paper saying:

"DO NOT PUT STUFF DOWN HERE. OPEN THE DRAWER AND PUT THEM IN THERE!"

Then tape that note to the top of the desk.

When the wife gets mad at seeing a piece of paper taped to her new desk where everyone can see it say:

"Sweetheart, I know you HATE the cozy on the desk so I started using the drawers but I can never remember to put my stuff in the drawers so I wrote myself this reminder note so that every time I go to put stuff down there I will remember to open the drawer and put my stuff in there. It's just temporary until I change my habits and start using the drawer. I'm doing it for you because I know how much you hate the cozy and hate when I just leave stuff on the top of the desk."

Then never take the sign down. Before you know it the wife will have all your stuff in the cozy and will have found a way to decorate around the cozy to take the "ugliness" out of the cozy being there.

Or just do what everyone else said and start using the drawers and like it. You have bigger battles to fight and win later on. Believe me, you do!!

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You've clearly had very little experience with the fairer sex ... but then, some of us learn the hard way. I wish you minimal damage in your future negotiations ... and good luck with that. ;)
I'm pretty sure angryguy was making a joke but if he wasn't, I understand the moniker now. His wife and him are always fighting and he's angry!!! ;D

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Have to chime in here. Return the useless purchase. Ask her for help solving the problem so she feels involved. Tell her a small basket near the door would be fine. Something simple that only your stuff goes into.

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Best advice you will read here.

Start using the drawers, but write a note on a piece of paper saying:

"DO NOT PUT STUFF DOWN HERE. OPEN THE DRAWER AND PUT THEM IN THERE!"

Then tape that note to the top of the desk.

When the wife gets mad at seeing a piece of paper taped to her new desk where everyone can see it say:

"Sweetheart, I know you HATE the cozy on the desk so I started using the drawers but I can never remember to put my stuff in the drawers so I wrote myself this reminder note so that every time I go to put stuff down there I will remember to open the drawer and put my stuff in there. It's just temporary until I change my habits and start using the drawer. I'm doing it for you because I know how much you hate the cozy and hate when I just leave stuff on the top of the desk."

Then never take the sign down. Before you know it the wife will have all your stuff in the cozy and will have found a way to decorate around the cozy to take the "ugliness" out of the cozy being there.

Or just do what everyone else said and start using the drawers and like it. You have bigger battles to fight and win later on. Believe me, you do!!

Haha.  I like it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 08:11:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Put saran wrap over the toilet, make sure you lift up the lid first and smooth it out but that will teach the fairer sex to mess with you.  See how she likes it when she is covered with her own urine.

Of course, I am kidding.  Point out how it organizes your stuff.

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 08:30:01 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The real question here is who has an argument with their wife about drawers and thinks to themselves "Boy I better see what Celticsblog thinks about this".

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I'm pretty sure angryguy was making a joke but if he wasn't, I understand the moniker now. His wife and him are always fighting and he's angry!!! ;D
Thanks, I knew that, which is why I replied in the same way, (hence the winky).

Though it is true, it's a battle futile.

TP for your answer though, Nick, true success in that situation is in doing what you would do anyway, as long as they believe it was their idea or their divine guidance that brought about the result.

A tricky line to walk at times.

(Besides, who the heck am I to give advice on this subject ... I've yet to have a successful, lasting relationship with a woman.

Wisdom from failure, as it were, (a king's ransom worth).  ;) ;D

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2013, 08:37:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
The real question here is who has an argument with their wife about drawers and thinks to themselves "Boy I better see what Celticsblog thinks about this".

LOL.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2013, 08:48:13 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
My advice?  Do what your wife wants, and move on.  You have to pick your battles, and this seems like the wrong kind of battle to take any kind of stand on.

as my man Phil from duck dynasty says, happy wife, happy life.

I recommend saying "hey, I shouldn't have said that, I'll try to use the drawers, it's a nice desk."
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2013, 09:00:03 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Even when you *do* win, it's a loss in the long run.

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:37 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Also, what the heck is "a cozy"?

^^^this.
Celtics fan for life.