Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?  (Read 254629 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2013, 05:36:05 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I am thinking my top four teams in the West are - LA Lakers, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors and Oklahoma City Thunder.

I think those four are the title contenders in the West.

« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2013, 05:37:59 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
How is this team not getting any respect:

Roster looks like this:

Pg:Jennings Collison
Sg:Joe Johnson/Caldwell-Pope
Sf:Deng/Bennett/Thompson
PF:Melo/Tristian Thompson/Bennett
C:Bynum/ZAZA/Mullens
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2013, 05:40:22 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Roster looks like this:

Three volume scorers + dependence on youth as depth + the Bynum factor = No bueno

« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I am thinking my top four teams in the West are - LA Lakers, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors and Oklahoma City Thunder.

I'd put Minnesota up there as well.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #274 on: August 28, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Yeah, I am going back and forth on them. Whether they are in the group or just outside it.

Not sure yet.

« Reply #275 on: August 28, 2013, 05:45:17 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

Why did I have to end up in the Western Conference? Isn't picking smack in the middle of a snake a challenge enough?

:(

« Reply #276 on: August 28, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Roster looks like this:

Wow, there is a ton of talent on this squad.  I think you need to redistribute some of this talent.  Not enough shots to go around between Melo, Johnson, Jennings, Bynum, and Deng.

That's a GOOD problem to have though in this stage where people are looking at a nearly impossible task of upgrading their high end talent.  I think your 2-5 positions could play very well together (pending Bynum's health) and Jennings should be the guy out if you can move him.  Maybe a steady, good shooting PG like Jameer Nelson or George Hill, and some upgrades on your bench (SG/SF particularly).

SOMEBODY in the league will have to deal with the Bynum health issue and it's you.  Considering that, your center position is looking in very good shape with what you have there.  While you plan for Bynum to be healthy, your backup has started at center for playoff teams in the past and Mullens is a capable enough bench player.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #277 on: August 28, 2013, 05:46:35 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Roster looks like this:

Three volume scorers + dependence on youth as depth + the Bynum factor = No bueno

Yep. For better or worse, Zaza is probably the "surest thing" you have on the bench.

Of course, the rookies could start with a big splash, and Tristan could wow now that he's moved to shooting with his off hand. That's a tough sell, though.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #278 on: August 28, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Edit

« Reply #279 on: August 28, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Milwaukee Bucks

PG: Mike Conley / Jerryd Bayless
SG: JJ Redick / Alonzo Gee
SF: Paul George / Trevor Ariza
PF: Ryan Anderson / Reggie Evans
 C: Emeka Okafor / Tyler Zeller / Greg Smith

Haven't yet decided how I plan on allotting minutes.  I do know George is going to see a decent amount of time at the 4, in order to force other teams to match up.  Not sure yet who will be the center when George plays at the 4.  Probably Okafor, but it really could be any one of my bigs.  Maybe I'll just put Anderson there and have all 5 guys stand behind the 3 point line.

Really surprised I was able to get Zeller in the 11th round.  He was a starter as a rookie last year and put up decent offensive numbers for a bad Cleveland team, and will likely end up starting again (since Cleveland signed that useless bum and terrible human being known as Andrew Bynum).

Open to any thoughts, suggestions, or whatever.

« Reply #280 on: August 28, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94

Roster looks like this:

Yep. For better or worse, Zaza is probably the "surest thing" you have on the bench.

Of course, the rookies could start with a big splash, and Tristan could wow now that he's moved to shooting with his off hand. That's a tough sell, though.

Would probably start Caldwell-pope and then rub Joe Johnson out to run with the bench
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #281 on: August 28, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Would probably start Caldwell-pope and then rub Joe Johnson out to run with the bench

Aren't you worried that might affect his energy level?

« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Milwaukee Bucks

Haven't yet decided how I plan on allotting minutes.  I do know George is going to see a decent amount of time at the 4, in order to force other teams to match up.  Not sure yet who will be the center when George plays at the 4.  Probably Okafor, but it really could be any one of my bigs.  Maybe I'll just put Anderson there and have all 5 guys stand behind the 3 point line.

Really surprised I was able to get Zeller in the 11th round.  He was a starter as a rookie last year and put up decent offensive numbers for a bad Cleveland team, and will likely end up starting again (since Cleveland signed that useless bum and terrible human being known as Andrew Bynum).

You can't play George at the 4.  I haven't really seen him try, but I can't picture him guarding 4's.  Not strong enough.  Post 4's will kill him.  Can you imagine him guarding Horford, Pau, or Z-Bo?  And on the other end of the floor, your opponent will put their SF on George and have their 4 loosely guard Ariza (who I presume will be the 3 on the floor when George plays the 4.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #283 on: August 28, 2013, 06:10:34 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Milwaukee Bucks

You can't play George at the 4.  I haven't really seen him try, but I can't picture him guarding 4's.  Not strong enough.  Post 4's will kill him.  Can you imagine him guarding Horford, Pau, or Z-Bo?  And on the other end of the floor, your opponent will put their SF on George and have their 4 loosely guard Ariza (who I presume will be the 3 on the floor when George plays the 4.

Paul George can't play those power fours you mentioned but he can play many of the others. The stretch fours. The quick fours. Limited offensive threats. Very few of the backup PFs around the league are strong enough offensively to stop P.George playing PF minutes.

So clearly he can't play there full time because he can't matchup against the type of players you mentioned but he can play there part-time and matchup effectively against many of the role player types.

« Reply #284 on: August 28, 2013, 06:10:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Milwaukee Bucks

You can't play George at the 4

Bull squat!