Author Topic: Irving spewing more rubbish on social media  (Read 7236 times)

Re: Irving spewing more rubbish on social media
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Very slow Celtic News day. Quoting an ex-celtic who is quoting someone else,hmm.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 03:46:44 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Very slow Celtic News day. Quoting an ex-celtic who is quoting someone else,hmm.

Slow week, the OP was on Sunday.

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 04:22:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Well Kemba looked like a better player than Irving today? Not.

Conveniently forgetting the other good games he had.

Yeah, it's like Kemba has one bad game and the haters are out (not that many people around here prefer Kyrie to Kemba these days), but it's like, did you see the MIL series? That was literally one of the worst series' of games I have ever seen a player play in my life.

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 10:21:35 AM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
I am not Kemba hater, but i wasn 't Kyrie hater either.

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 03:56:02 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Yeah that's pretty clearly a screengrab of a book with a quote he likes highlighted. Of course, the quote is about taking no responsibility for one's own statements while pretending to do exactly that (I'm responsible for what I say but not what you hear) and reframing the lack of responsibility as part of becoming liberated from "domestication" so it's very fitting.

Exactly.

There's some kind of truth to the statement because you can't control someone else's perspective or interpretation but it also works as a nifty dodge for when you don't actually express yourself well or say something that you don't intend, as we all do, all the time.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 07:28:55 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 717
Guys, you'all are reading too much into this because Irving is not very smart to begin with. He spews a bunch of double-talk with some $20 words thrown in for good measure and thinks he sounds sophisticated. He is pretentious as they come and doesn't even understand that his words don't fit together half the time.

I will never forget his ridiculous quote when the Celts were in Houston  and he gave some poor homeless soul some cash out of his pocket. Of course, the reporters lapped it up and asked him all about this wonderful thing he had done. His response ? "That's what I do, I want to save the World." Self-important as it gets.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 07:25:05 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Yeah that's pretty clearly a screengrab of a book with a quote he likes highlighted. Of course, the quote is about taking no responsibility for one's own statements while pretending to do exactly that (I'm responsible for what I say but not what you hear) and reframing the lack of responsibility as part of becoming liberated from "domestication" so it's very fitting.

Exactly.

There's some kind of truth to the statement because you can't control someone else's perspective or interpretation but it also works as a nifty dodge for when you don't actually express yourself well or say something that you don't intend, as we all do, all the time.
Oh yes you can, if you express your self the right way.  Unfortunately this pseudo-intellectual flat-earther is not eloquent enough to say things in a way that shows he's thought about the other person's possible response.  To shirk responsibility once the words "reach the of his fingertips" and to hide behind "my truth" as the only thing that matters is his own fail, not the person receiving the message. "I intend to resign in Boston" lol
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:25:36 AM by Surferdad »

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Exactly.

Yeah, there's some truth to the fact that different people can interpret the exact same statements in wildly different ways, and that's very hard to control, but really it's being used as an escape hatch for "it's your fault if you ever have a problem with anything I do." Especially with Kyrie's track record.

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Exactly.

Oh yes you can, if you express your self the right way.  Unfortunately this pseudo-intellectual flat-earther is not eloquent enough to say things in a way that shows he's thought about the other person's possible response.  To shirk responsibility once the words "reach the of his fingertips" and to hide behind "my truth" as the only thing that matters is his own fail, not the person receiving the message. "I intend to resign in Boston" lol

I agree with literally everything you said except the bolded. You can do your best to express yourself in clear ways but you can't control if other people are actually paying attention or understand the words you're using and you don't know in what context they are receiving what you say.

But in terms of the Irving situation, yeah, I agree with you completely.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2019, 05:48:47 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Exactly.

I agree with literally everything you said except the bolded. You can do your best to express yourself in clear ways but you can't control if other people are actually paying attention or understand the words you're using and you don't know in what context they are receiving what you say.

Not saying it is easy, or that it will always be successful, but you've got to try.  Irving doesn't even want to try based on his quote about shirking responsibility once the words get to the end of his fingertips.

But Irving is blind to the impact of his words and how they may be taken.  Defending flat earth is obviously a losing argument and diminished his credibility substantially in my book.  The moment he said something like, "I intend to resign in Boston", I knew it could become infamous.

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2019, 10:22:32 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Exactly.

Not saying it is easy, or that it will always be successful, but you've got to try.  Irving doesn't even want to try based on his quote about shirking responsibility once the words get to the end of his fingertips.

But Irving is blind to the impact of his words and how they may be taken.  Defending flat earth is obviously a losing argument and diminished his credibility substantially in my book.  The moment he said something like, "I intend to resign in Boston", I knew it could become infamous.

Completely agree, especially as it pertains to Irving.

I do think, though, we sometimes underrate just how big of a role perspective and context have in shaping how our words are received by others even when we take care of how we express ourselves, something Irving seems less and less interested in.

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2019, 10:01:46 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Trying to prove to people how smart you are is such a turn off. Even if he was a bright guy he’s a jerk. Who would you rather spend time with? A friend who is a genius but a jerk or a lovable knucklehead? I’ll take the knucklehead every time. Trying to impress people is such a waste of time which nobody on this earth has enough of.