Author Topic: Gerald Green  (Read 8456 times)

Gerald Green
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:43:04 AM »

Offline Jackk#02

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Pretty much my idea is to trade Tony Allen and a 2nd rounder(from Sacramentos cassel trade) for Gerald Green.

Lets face it, Tony Allen has not nearly met his expectations. In being the new Celtics 6th man Tony was expected to bring a high level of energy, Solid defense, and some offensive production.

Yet so far this season Tony only comes with energy when he feels like it, has been far to inconsistent with his defense, and has provided nothing else other then an occasional fast break dunk/lay up.

Trading For Gerald Green would give Boston a great offensive option to compliment Eddie House off the bench.

Genrally Green is known for his leaping abilities, but he has a fantastic jump shot, good penetration effectiveness and can rebound well.
He has limitless potential, and his only dis is that he has a poor basketball IQ, but then i don't think his any worse than Tony Allen who cant even get the simplest of rules correct ( double dribble, travels)

Re: Gerald Green
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 04:59:25 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Oh my lord...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:00:26 AM »

Offline Jackk#02

• Neemias Queta
how ever,
Bostons first priority is to land an experienced big man

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:17:20 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Welcome.

In spite of Green's alleged limitless potential, I don't think he currently has the quality to play in the NBA. Therefore, I don't see the point of getting him.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 05:38:51 AM »

Offline Jackk#02

• Neemias Queta
Welcome.

In spite of Green's alleged limitless potential, I don't think he currently has the quality to play in the NBA. Therefore, I don't see the point of getting him.

I don't think his any worse than TA infact his better offensively then Our entire bench! apart from maybe a hot eddie house (who seems to only get hot in garbage time)
That is the Celtics only problem this year, Our offense doesn't click, especially when we turn to our bench.

Even if Green struggles i cant see it hurting Boston in anyway?

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 06:22:34 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Championship teams don't trade solid role players for garbage.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 07:32:32 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Welcome.

I don't think his any worse than TA infact his better offensively then Our entire bench! apart from maybe a hot eddie house (who seems to only get hot in garbage time)
That is the Celtics only problem this year, Our offense doesn't click, especially when we turn to our bench.

He can't play a lick of defense, he's a ball hog, he doesn't know the plays, he has no chemistry with many of the players, he doesn't even have the flashes that Tony does, he breaks offensive plays (at least Tony generally tries to create or plays mainly within the flow)

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 07:44:50 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Trading one brain-dead player for another?

As much as I'm OK with sweeping Tony Allen out of town, I'm not OK with sweeping him out for a player who doesn't understand the game, his role in it or much of anything else about it.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:18:10 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Tony Allen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gerald Green and you want to add a second round pick to the deal too?  ::)

Gerald Green is not an NBA player!  Well, technically he is, but he shouldn't be.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Agree with Bankshot!  Gerald isn't a good penetrator or rebounder like the origional post says.  Tony is a better offensive player because he gets to the rim.

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 08:24:37 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
gerald green will be overseas or in the d-league within 2 yrs.  with that said, lets move on and not in the past.  no more green. no more antoine.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:56 AM »

Offline Carhole

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 63
Welcome.

Did you watch the Dallas game? If he was better offensively then our entire bench don't you think that the Mav's might have used him with the pathetic offensive team they have outside of Dirk?

Green has individual tools, like a good j and nice explosion to the rim, but he has no idea how to use them in the construct of a team concept during a game. If GG was hands down better then TA (I can not believe I am standing up for TA) he would be getting minutes in Dallas. Especially with Terry down. Coaches know they need W's to keep their jobs, they dont just sit people who can help them get wins.

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 09:03:44 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Hi I'm new here, I was thinking we should trade Perk for Mark Blount - we may need to sweeten the pot though, perhaps Rondo would get them to bite?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:39 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Hi I'm new here, I was thinking we should trade Perk for Mark Blount - we may need to sweeten the pot though, perhaps Rondo would get them to bite?

now thats a proposal!  what would it take to get marcus banks back?

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 09:08:49 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

now thats a proposal!  what would it take to get marcus banks back?
Yeah Banks is going to be an allstar some day.  Great defender, great quickness, great penetrator...