Author Topic: Bosh to Chitown for Gooden and friends?  (Read 1978 times)

Bosh to Chitown for Gooden and friends?
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:25:56 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57297/20090217/bosh_to_bulls_gaining_steam/

Well if that ever goes down, with Bosh going to Chicago for Gooden and Thomas what are the chances the Raptors try to buy out Gooden's remaining salary to save a few bucks? I don't know what the waiting period to clear waivers is, but Gooden, if he was healthy would be a great addition, I think.

Re: Bosh to Chitown for Gooden and friends?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:59:58 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Is it just me that these Thomas, Gooden, and a first round pick doesn't seem like much to give up for Bosh or Amare.   I know Thomas has been playing better lately but I wouldn't exactly call him an Al Jefferson type chip trade bait.  Gooden is just an expiring contract which won't be a high lottery pick especially if they trade for one of these guys.  I don't get it.  If I were the Suns or the Raptors I would just wait to the offseason if I were to trade one of these guys.  You could probably get more then in a trade. 

Re: Bosh to Chitown for Gooden and friends?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Is it just me that these Thomas, Gooden, and a first round pick doesn't seem like much to give up for Bosh or Amare.   I know Thomas has been playing better lately but I wouldn't exactly call him an Al Jefferson type chip trade bait.  Gooden is just an expiring contract which won't be a high lottery pick especially if they trade for one of these guys.  I don't get it.  If I were the Suns or the Raptors I would just wait to the offseason if I were to trade one of these guys.  You could probably get more then in a trade. 

Exactly right.  So far I've really only seen trades for Amare that give the Suns expiring contracts, bad role players, and pretty promising players, but not sure bets and not Amare caliber players.  They need to get a real player back for it to happen, unless they just want to unload that badly. Expect an all out riot in Phoenix...
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford