Author Topic: Picking up Bowen or Oberto  (Read 8197 times)

Re: Picking up Bowen or Oberto
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
I had it written out, but yea..what Cordobes said...

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 02:02:18 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
i would love either of them

but arent bowen and ray ray mortal enemies?
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 02:42:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The players just have to be waived from their new team b4 the march 1st deadline. 

So I think this answers my previous question.  You are saying that in order for a player to play for a team, he needs to be signed before March 1st, correct?  If so, then Bowen and Oberto will not be able to go back to the Spurs (since we are within 30 days of the March 1st dealine).

No, no, what he's saying is that they merely just need to be released before the March 1st deadline. They can be signed afterwards.

Okay. 
So when is the deadline for a player to be on the team, in order to make the playoff roster?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

It's true, they walk around with swords underneath their trench coats waiting for the moment to strike. Because... THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER!

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2009, 02:49:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I doubt they are that petty.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2009, 06:27:34 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
getting bowen would KILL me. i hate him. i truthfully would not root for him. i'd be happy he hit a shot that was important but it would feel bitter. i think he intentionally slides his foot under shooters trying to injure them or at the least tries to scare them that they may brake their ankles. i think he should already be out of the league. i pray this does'nt happen. the one and only player in history i could'nt stomach here.

I feel the same exact way.  I think both would be great additions to the team, but i absolutely HATE bruce bowen.  In the "all-hate team" threads, I've posted strongly that he is the player i hate most in the NBA.

But its undeniable that both would be great additions to the team if we could get either one, we should.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 07:15:04 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i don't think it would be petty at all to hate a guy who deliberatly tries to injure you in a cowardly way or at the very least try and scaring by threatening a broken ankle. is there anyone here who agrees with me and believes that bowen at least tries to scare people with that tactic? do any of the same people still want that guy on the team? i'm honestly not sure i'd prefer a title with him on it than losing to the lakers. i just think he's a dangerous coward.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 11:25:01 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
When you think about it, the Nets got a hell of a sweet deal in picking up Devin Harris and 2 first rounders for essentially Kidd and Keith Van Horn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Nets-080219

If the Nets trade Vince Carter for a similar up and coming young player and picks, they will not only clear a lot of salary to make them a big player in the free agent market of 2010, but they might just end up with another young stud to boot.

Vince Carter is so overrated for his acrobatic abilities, but he's a big name/ticket seller, so I'm sure some team will be foolish enough to offer a lot for him.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
i don't think it would be petty at all to hate a guy who deliberatly tries to injure you in a cowardly way or at the very least try and scaring by threatening a broken ankle. is there anyone here who agrees with me and believes that bowen at least tries to scare people with that tactic? do any of the same people still want that guy on the team? i'm honestly not sure i'd prefer a title with him on it than losing to the lakers. i just think he's a dangerous coward.

This is the way I feel about Ron Artest.  I hate the way he plays defense.  Absolutely despicable. >:(
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Just heard over the radio Roger Mason Jr. will be part of the deal also, if it goes through.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Those two additions would be great.  But if those guys are waived, the Lakers will be first in line for Oberto.

Why? The Lakers would be the last team I could see going after Oberto. In order to avoid he plays for another contender because he's good getting under Bynum's skin?

1. To keep him away from the Celtics or Cleveland.
2. To add another experienced big man to their bench.
3. Is it 100% certain that Bynum will be ready for the playoffs?

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 01:53:37 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would rather get Oberto but would happy to see both.

I could see both resigning with the Spurs after 30 days. 

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 02:17:45 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
When you think about it, the Nets got a hell of a sweet deal in picking up Devin Harris and 2 first rounders for essentially Kidd and Keith Van Horn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=Nets-080219

If the Nets trade Vince Carter for a similar up and coming young player and picks, they will not only clear a lot of salary to make them a big player in the free agent market of 2010, but they might just end up with another young stud to boot.

Vince Carter is so overrated for his acrobatic abilities, but he's a big name/ticket seller, so I'm sure some team will be foolish enough to offer a lot for him.
I'd say this is way in the past.  Carter is really a pretty analytical player nowadays.  Very skilled, good shooter, good passer, he's clutch. Solid player.

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
underrated shooter as well. no brainer for the spurs.i definitely don't want bowen tarnishing a c's uniform again. he makes me sick. i'm hoping someone cleans his clock before he retires. just brakes his face.he deserves it. i'm not sure i'd prefer oberto over baby or powe.

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 03:22:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i don't think i would give up hill and mason for carter..