Author Topic: Jeff Foster on the trading block???  (Read 8233 times)

Re: Jeff Foster on the trading block???
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 02:41:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Maybe we can get something from the Pacers.

Pacers Have Lost $200M?

Feb 12, 2009 11:36 PM EST

The Indiana Pacers have lost a staggering amount of money, according to a team executive.

"Almost every year [Mel and Herb Simon] have owned the team, they've lost money. The cumulative losses probably approach something in the neighborhood of $200 million," said Pacers Sports and Entertainment President Jim Morris.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57202/20090212/pacers_have_lost_$200m/

I would be interested in these guys:

Jeff Foster
Marquis Daniels
Travis Deiner
Jarrett Jack

More realistically, perhaps they will look at saving a couple bucks by buying out someone like Rasho...who could be a decent fit for the C's.

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

More realistically, perhaps they will look at saving a couple bucks by buying out someone like Rasho...who could be a decent fit for the C's.

TP.  Just thinking about this possibility makes my day.
(but I don't see it happening)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 04:11:47 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I hate to admit it...But i actually think I would rather have Scal than Foster.

I too hate to admit the feeling that Scal actually has a role this year. He's irreplaceable for his abilities and what we have for trade value. I would only keep Pat0, BBD, Giddens, and Tony on the trading block. Powe for the right player, as well as Pruitt and Walker.

Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 04:48:35 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I'd easily take Foster over Scal (who i too see has an important role on this team). A seven foot relentless rebounder would look great on the C's bench.

A buyout for Nesterovich wouldn't be a bad idea. But I doubt Indy would do it to save $200,000 or so. And as far as I know Nesterovich isn't eager to get out this year.

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Maybe we can get something from the Pacers.

Pacers Have Lost $200M?

Feb 12, 2009 11:36 PM EST

The Indiana Pacers have lost a staggering amount of money, according to a team executive.

"Almost every year [Mel and Herb Simon] have owned the team, they've lost money. The cumulative losses probably approach something in the neighborhood of $200 million," said Pacers Sports and Entertainment President Jim Morris.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/57202/20090212/pacers_have_lost_$200m/

I would be interested in these guys:

Jeff Foster
Marquis Daniels
Travis Deiner
Jarrett Jack

It would be nice. But:
- Larry Bird is "philosophically opposed to buy-outs".
- Even if bought out, Rasho would probably join his friend Tim Duncan, not his former teammate Kevin Garnett, with whom he didn't have the best relationship in Minny. Better for us if he stays in Indy.

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 05:38:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

It would be nice. But:
- Larry Bird is "philosophically opposed to buy-outs".
- Even if bought out, Rasho would probably join his friend Tim Duncan, not his former teammate Kevin Garnett, with whom he didn't have the best relationship in Minny. Better for us if he stays in Indy.

yup, yup

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Is there any way to subtract TP's?
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 06:44:29 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

god forbid someone LIKES the guy that goes out and gives 100% and is a good locker room presence, OH and by the way has risen above for the team.

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 06:50:22 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

god forbid someone LIKES the guy that goes out and gives 100% and is a good locker room presence, OH and by the way has risen above for the team.

I like Scal. And I believe I was the only one defending he should start getting regular minutes. But to prefer Scal to Foster is just insane. Foster would automatically become our best bench player and a legit 6th man.

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 07:14:44 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
whoa whoa whoa. scal definitely DOES NOT give 100 percent in the off season. never has since he's come here at least.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I too hate to admit the feeling that Scal actually has a role this year. He's irreplaceable for his abilities and what we have for trade value. I would only keep Pat0, BBD, Giddens, and Tony on the trading block. Powe for the right player, as well as Pruitt and Walker.

Scal is not irreplacable by any stretch of the imagination.  He is a hustle guy who doesn't shoot very well or defend very well and is not very athletic.  Those are not very good combination of attributes.

I think to get Foster you need to trade Scal, for the salary portion, and then kick in a prospect, maybe Giddens and a 2nd rounder.  I'd do that trade as it shores up the Celtics big man need right away.  Then you look for say a Marbury to play a backup PG role.

The thing is that the trade deadline is coming up fast - Feb 19th.  So the C's, if they want to make a move better start talking to some teams now!

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Foster is ten times the player Scal is.  Foster is like a 30 year old PJ Brown.