Author Topic: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie  (Read 46014 times)

Re: Woj: Kings ARE Engaging in Trade Discussions Involving Boogie
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2017, 09:58:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
This is Charlie Brown and Lucy pulling the football ......

I can allow myself to believe they are trading Cousins .....the football has been yanked away too many times.

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2017, 09:59:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Well if Danny can pull off cousins, while keeping AB, Smart, Crowder, IT and Horford, I think you have to do it.

Then add a defender like Tucker and you have a pretty solid contender.

Say its Zellar Jaylen, Rozier, brk 17 , mem pick, bos 18

IT.       Smart
AB       smart
Crowder   Tucker
Horford    KO
Cousins   Amir

We have the defenders at guard with AB and Smart to cover Kyrie, Lowry and Curry in the playoffs.

We have a very skilled big man duo, would easily be the best PF/C combo in the league and could expose cle and gsw few weaknesses (Low Post D)

You have tough wing defenders with Crowder and Tucker to beat up on Lebron and Durant.

Then off Bench smart handles the backup mins at guard, KO and Amir are very solid bench big men.

I might be able to be talked into brk 17,18 and jaylen...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:07:47 PM by rondohondo »

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
On the question of whether those Nets picks are more valuable than George, Cousins or Butler:

Ainge has never drafted anybody remotely as good as George, Butler or Cousins. That answers the question for me.

And those Nets picks have to go through a lottery. Remember when they lost Duncan in the lottery?
Ainge has had a single top 4 pick in his tenure and he picked Jaylen Brown this past summer.

This Nets pick more or less guaranteed to be top 4 in what is supposed to be a loaded draft.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2017, 10:15:27 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
On the question of whether those Nets picks are more valuable than George, Cousins or Butler:

Ainge has never drafted anybody remotely as good as George, Butler or Cousins. That answers the question for me.

And those Nets picks have to go through a lottery. Remember when they lost Duncan in the lottery?
Ainge has had a single top 4 pick in his tenure and he picked Jaylen Brown this past summer.

This Nets pick more or less guaranteed to be top 4 in what is supposed to be a loaded draft.

I don't know where Cousins, George or Butler were drafted. Doubt they were top 4.

The point is Ainge has never drafted players of that quality at any level. The school is still out on Brown. Too early.

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2017, 10:23:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Cousins just strikes you as one of those Larry Sanders types that may wake up one day and say he does not want to play basketball anymore. Dude is scary like that.

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2017, 10:24:44 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'd give my left nut as part of the deal if it means we get cousins.  C'mon Danny!

I've had 4 kids....don't plan on having any more......oh what the heck...me too!

Appreciate both of you as fellow human beings, but I'd hand over all 4 of your nuts for Boogie.

I'd hope I'd at least get a TP out of it. ;D

Indeed, TPs to both of you for your sacrifice.  We are truly the greatest fans in the world.

No sacrifice too great for the cause....and TP back atcha for being one of them.

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2017, 10:24:58 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

I don't know where Cousins, George or Butler were drafted. Doubt they were top 4.

The point is Ainge has never drafted players of that quality at any level. The school is still out on Brown. Too early.

just on top of my head

Cousins was 5 I believe
George was 13
Butler was 30

« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2017, 10:28:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Do you really not see how bad this logic is?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2017, 10:28:47 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Cousins just strikes you as one of those Larry Sanders types that may wake up one day and say he does not want to play basketball anymore. Dude is scary like that.

I fail to see ANY comparison between Sanders and Cousins in any way, shape, or form!!!  Horribly unfair comparison.

Smitty77

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Marcus at 22 is better than Butler was at 23.

Mike

« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I fail to see ANY comparison between Sanders and Cousins in any way, shape, or form!!!  Horribly unfair comparison.

Smitty77

Yeah, Cousins has always been competitive and hard-working, and has been a good citizen off the court.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2017, 10:31:01 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I posted this idea at Sactown Royalty

Boston Sends:
- 2017 Brooklyn Pick
- Terry Rozier
- Amir Johnson
- Rights to Yabusele (our Euro stash)
- 2018 Boston First Rounder
- 2019 Memphis OR Clippers First Rounder (your choice)
- Random Second Rounder (NOT 2017 Timberwolves one though)

Sacramento Sends:
- DeMarcus Cousins
- Omri Casspi/Ben McLemore (depth)

A lot of those guys LOVED that trade and some even said that just include the 2017 Brooklyn pick and a waterboy and we could shake on it lol.

Then there was that one guy who said if pick is #2-#4, another asset definitely needs to be included like 2018 Nets Pick or Rights to Zizic.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Sacramento's been fully engaged in trade talks centered on DeMarcus Cousins with multiple teams on Sunday, league sources tell @TheVertical.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833519130212970497
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sacramento's been fully engaged in trade talks centered on DeMarcus Cousins with multiple teams on Sunday, league sources tell @TheVertical.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833519130212970497

Now I'm going to be depressed if we don't get him. The reported offers have been pretty modest.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
It certainly seems like they're really considering this.

Sources: Sacramento has told at least one team it's been eliminated from consideration on a Cousins deal because Kings have better offer.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833520575163281408
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers