Author Topic: Why we will win in Detroit...  (Read 6056 times)

Re: Why we will win in Detroit...
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Unfortunately, the Big Three aren't enough in themselves to beat Detroit, especially on the road. The bench has got to at least be respectable, and contribute on both ends of the floor. That being said, if they do a decent job, just the difference that Ray's contribution alone makes, could be enough to put us over the top.

What some fail to recognize, however, is that Ray may not be "back" in the respect some are intimating. I think he is ... he's a pure-shooter, and shooters generally don't get out of cold streaks for just one game. There is that possibility, however, that he could have another "down" game, so as always, this team has got to rely on the other things that got us here: stifling defense, attacking & running offense, the extra pass, and Celtic heart.

Bahku after reading this blog for just under 2 years, I have to say that your posts are a pleasure to read. You often seem to take the words right out of my mouth and put them out so eloquently. Well done mate. Keep it up.

I agree with Bahku. The bench will need to step up to get the job done in g3. Hopefully Ray gets back on top of his perimeter game and the team makes a few plays for him to get his confidence up early.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 10:32:06 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
I have, for some reason, a feeling we will win both in Detroit.

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
If we play better D and get something from the bench we win. Would help if they call it the same at both ends but that is never going to happen.

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i am really impressed that after a loss at home in the playoffs, a thread like this appeared. it says a lot about the folks here at celticsblog, all of it positive.

instead of wailing, gnashing of teeth, vows to enter religious orders, and a leming-esque run to the gas stoves and high ledges.... there appeared reasonable and optimistic posts.

great work! and i agree most of the points here. as i watched the game last night, it was clear the detroit played a great great game, and yet the celtics were in it. while detroit certainly has the ability to win this series, it will take at least 2 more near-perfect games to do it.

also, if allen is really "back", then i think the celtics can take at least one on the road from detroit. i hope it is tonight so my stress level can drop at least a little bit.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2008, 11:57:47 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
i dont post much, i live in ky  and just got tickets to game 3 and 4.  i am leaving in a few hours to go to DEMF and see 2 games of the eastern conference finals. this  is the weekend i dreamed about  living in alaska  watching the celtics in the 80's when  i was a young boy.  god i hope they win at least one.  they should be mad.  mad they lost at home and mad they havent won on the road yet...

Looks like you made a fine investment, young man. Celtics won game 3 that I thought they had no chance in. It must have felt good going back to the Motel Room in Michigan after that nice game. Good luck to you Monday night.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2008, 12:09:23 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
There's a fine line between realism being considered either optimism or pessimism.  I like to think that I am realist.

That being said, the realist in me posted that the Celts would lose in 6, not winning one in the Motor City.  They had somehow lost the focus and tenacity that had made them so successful all year long.  They appeared to be bewildered and over matched on the road by the lesser teams in rounds 1 & 2 and after losing to a very impressive Pistons team at home, I saw no sign of that changing.

I would love to know what (if anything) was said or happened between the two games to bring the green back to regular season form.  The much used term "Celtic Pride" flowed through my head as I drifted off to sleep last evening.  I was truly proud of the way this team stepped up. 

If the Celts can stay focused and "go to work" on Monday the same manner they did last night and if Billups is indeed truly playing to the best of his ability but can't do more due ot injury, then yes I think the Celtics have a legitimate shot.  Hey, how many of us predicted a Texas sweep earlier this year?  That all being said -- Pistons could win by 20, but it seems less likely this morning than it did yesterday morning.  Pretty nice.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.