Author Topic: Offseason/Postseason Perspectives  (Read 2014 times)

Offseason/Postseason Perspectives
« on: May 25, 2008, 05:21:57 PM »

Offline Woodstock Libertarian

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
They say the playoffs don't start until you win one on the road. So with last night's inspiring beat down, it's time to think about what's at stake.

If the Celtics don't win it all, expect a large percentage of the punditry to characterize any move made by Ainge this summer as a desperation attempt to keep open the small window of opportunity for an aging group of veterans (Skip Witless, er, I mean Bayless, will be uttering such sentiments almost before the last ball has bounced for the Celtics this year, should the Celtics fail to hoist a banner).

If the Celtics do win it all, expect another significant percentage of punditry to characterize Ainge's offseason moves this summer as an effort to take a jack-hammer to the window and convert it into a door, enabling Garnett and company to waltz through with multiple titles.

A title makes us a little more attractive to free agent veterans, while a title-less playoff makes us a little less attractive.

Re: Offseason/Postseason Perspectives
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:59:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I feel like free agents will come running for little money to win a championship. Baron Davis talked about opting out of his contract and playing for NY. If he wants to win a championship he'll sign with us for the full mid level (I know this is a little ridiculous but I can hope). Arenas is a free agent and so is Varajeo those are the only impact free agents I can come up with off the top of my head but I know there are more. If anyone knows where I can get a list of free agents let me know. Also I think we will be able to get a pretty good player with our first round pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:21:19 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
The only free-agent that would interest me that would help the C's would be Anthony Johnson from the Kings who is an unrestricted free agent...... I've been saying all year that he is the type of backup point guard we need...... he knows how to run a team and is known for being a defensive guard similar to a Lindsey Hunter

I say swap Johnson for Cassell.... resign Posey to a 3 year deal...... let Pollard go..... if PJ doesn't come back, try to sign Antonio Davis..... Let Pollard go and see if you can package Baby + 30th pick for a vet like Eduardo Najara ( who is all about hustle and can hit the 3)