Author Topic: Why we will win in Detroit...  (Read 6057 times)

Why we will win in Detroit...
« on: May 23, 2008, 12:34:46 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
-Because the Big THREE is back.  All a good shooter needs is one good game to get in a rythym.  Ray isn't a good shooter, he is a great shooter.  It is harder to knock down shots away from home, but he hit some big ones during the regular season game in Detroit.  He is feeling good now, and realizes he is due to carry this team to a victory.  He'll have 30+ one of these two games, the one that we will win.

-KG is our best player, and has the best matchups against this squad.  He is not afraid going on the road.  The fact is that he had unfavorable matchups against the Hawks and the Cavs.  He is killing Detroit, and that advantage will not change on the road.  This is his first chance to carry us on the road.  I know that he is not known for "carrying teams", but I see a 25 15 game in Detroit leading us to a W.

-The bench was awful tonight and we still almost pulled off the comeback.  They might struggle on the road, but they can't be this bad.  If they are a little better than we can steal one.  Posey knows how to play on the road.  Cassell does as well, and he will see some big minutes and hit a big shot in one of these two games. 

-Game 3 wasn't sold out as of this afternoon.  The fans take on the attitude of their team.  They are still yawning at the ECF, been there, done that.  I think they won't be as ravenous as Cleveland and even Atlanta.

-If all else fails, the odds are on our side.  The Celts are a good team, and were solid on the road.  The more they lose on the road the better their chances of finally breaking the streak are.  The same can be said about winning at home.  That streak finally ended, and so won't the losing streak.

The C's win, not "steal", but win one in the road, and come back to Game 5 tied up 2-2.  They win that game and carry the new confidence into the Motor City and win Game 6. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Why we will win in Detroit...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 12:48:01 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I don't agree with any of your points, but will give you a TP nonetheless, because we will win both games in Detroit.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:49:49 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
You forgot the most important reason . . .

- Because we HAVE TO win a game on the road.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:56:15 AM »

Offline kevingamble34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 15
We'll win every game against Detroit if we play like we did tonight, because Detroit won't shoot like that ever again.  We'll beat them this year and next year they'll be knocked out in the first round and their run will be over...

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 03:50:22 AM »

Offline Babyeater

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
While I agree that the Celtics will certainly play better on the road in game 3 than they have thus far in the post season, the Pistons didn't even play at their best last night.  The Pistons shot 50% on the road, and you're right, they most likely won't shoot like that again in Boston, but back home, well that's an entirely different story.

And as far as the crowd is concerned, you need not worry about that.  The crowd will be there.  And so will the majority of our bench.  Maxiell was a complete non-factor in Boston but in Detroit, it's another baby eaten...

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 06:27:50 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
tony big baby powe need to show up.....these guys are important....ray got his game back through his d and thats where are bench is gonna find it too...pj brown doin more than i expected..posey was a lil off on the off but he can come in for ray or paul and keep it movin...

now more than ever we have to win on he road...we made it this far and been through tuff things but this will be the true test next game cause if we face the spurs or the lakers they will win one in boston...losing at home was good and the reaction of the team when the game was over they were ticked off at themselves...on saturday the c's should be on a mission...

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
We'll win every game against Detroit if we play like we did tonight, because Detroit won't shoot like that ever again.  We'll beat them this year and next year they'll be knocked out in the first round and their run will be over...

That's not a good way to look at it.  The Pistons played very well.  But that's what they're capable of doing.  We had too many defensive lapses in that game.  We can't expect the Big 3 to drop 75 each night.  But if they stay committed on the defensive end, they can win whether the Big 3 are on the top of their game offensively or not.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »

Offline ManchesterCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
The Pistons seemed to be "In-The-Zone" last night. They were seemingly hitting every shot from 2nd quarter and on, and all game long Rip and Chauncey were doing their crafty "throw their bodies into defenders to get a cheap 2 or 3 free points". To me it really didn't seem like the Pistons could play any better than they did last night. But the Celtics could play worse and make them look better, yes. The Detroit Pistons where just the more focused team in Game 2. I have confidence that the Celtics will bounce back from this. After all, the Celtics are DUE for a Road Playoff Win or just a road win in general and now they have no excuse but to go out and EARN IT if they want to win a Championship.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:33:10 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
One thing about this loss suposedly being good for us. If that is what it took to get these guys to focuse and play better on the road and win, then this team doesn't have what it takes to go all the way. A championship team doesn't take any game lightly, they go in and get the job done.  I'm not trying to be negetive nor am I giving up and saying for sure that they have this mind set. This in fact might not be any part of thier road losses at all.  But if this is the reason, then this team never belonged in the contender conversation.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 01:25:11 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
While I agree that the Celtics will certainly play better on the road in game 3 than they have thus far in the post season, the Pistons didn't even play at their best last night.  The Pistons shot 50% on the road, and you're right, they most likely won't shoot like that again in Boston, but back home, well that's an entirely different story.

And as far as the crowd is concerned, you need not worry about that.  The crowd will be there.  And so will the majority of our bench.  Maxiell was a complete non-factor in Boston but in Detroit, it's another baby eaten...

yeah right.. the pistons average 50% at home  ::)

and yeah when did maxiell have a good game against boston?

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 01:53:23 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

yeah right.. the pistons average 50% at home  ::)

and yeah when did maxiell have a good game against boston?

13 points, 4 rebounds in like 30 minutes in one game against us was the best he didin the regular season. however we still won the game.

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 02:01:26 AM »

Offline drumadicy

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
i dont post much, i live in ky  and just got tickets to game 3 and 4.  i am leaving in a few hours to go to DEMF and see 2 games of the eastern conference finals. this  is the weekend i dreamed about  living in alaska  watching the celtics in the 80's when  i was a young boy.  god i hope they win at least one.  they should be mad.  mad they lost at home and mad they havent won on the road yet...

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 02:14:14 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Unfortunately, the Big Three aren't enough in themselves to beat Detroit, especially on the road. The bench has got to at least be respectable, and contribute on both ends of the floor. That being said, if they do a decent job, just the difference that Ray's contribution alone makes, could be enough to put us over the top.

What some fail to recognize, however, is that Ray may not be "back" in the respect some are intimating. I think he is ... he's a pure-shooter, and shooters generally don't get out of cold streaks for just one game. There is that possibility, however, that he could have another "down" game, so as always, this team has got to rely on the other things that got us here: stifling defense, attacking & running offense, the extra pass, and Celtic heart.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 02:59:28 AM »

Offline gustusias

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
No wins can be guaranteed.The C's are excellent, though. They won 66 games un the season. Credit should be given to them. For sure, they have the stuff it takes to win at their house as well.

Detroit is also an excellent team, though, and they could win the next two just as easily. But, who said here that the C's will win there because they have to win. Now, that is intelligent.
 The best teams get it done when they need to, and now we will see.

If they can't get it done? It will kill us all. There will be nothing left to do but to move on and say they were not good enough. It really boils down to that and only that.   

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 08:37:45 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Simply because WE HAVE TO!!!