Author Topic: 3 Key Points Tonight  (Read 1996 times)

3 Key Points Tonight
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:37:22 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Yes the title is a "play on" whatever you want to call it....

1. 3 key points which Rajon Rondo gave up unintelligently (Technical Foul shot and facing palming Prince's head/face).

2. Rodney Stucky.....mini Wade took over and was the X-Factor...I don't want to hear how great Rip Hamilton played...half the points he got we gave him with dumb fouls.

3. I don't want to hear how the Pistons went to the hoop all night because they didn't.....they were 90% perimeter all game and ONLY got to the line because we fouled like scared mommies....

Side note key: Ray Allen woke up...but his nice game was negated with our stupidity and the refs STILL SUCK!

Conclusion: I am not scared of the Pistions...I think we win 3 straight and close this team out in 5 games. It took us playing like retards and having the Pistons hit every outside shot, their backup PG playing like Wade....for them to beat us buy what 4 or 5 points?

Final Conclusion: If Ray continues to not play like suck and we do not play stupid basketball we blow the Pistons out in 5 games total (and win the next 3 games easily).

Re: 3 Key Points Tonight
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:40:58 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
Yes the title is a "play on" whatever you want to call it....

1. 3 key points which Rajon Rondo gave up unintelligently (Technical Foul shot and facing palming Prince's head/face).

2. Rodney Stucky.....mini Wade took over and was the X-Factor...I don't want to hear how great Rip Hamilton played...half the points he got we gave him with dumb fouls.

3. I don't want to hear how the Pistons went to the hoop all night because they didn't.....they were 90% perimeter all game and ONLY got to the line because we fouled like scared mommies....

Side note key: Ray Allen woke up...but his nice game was negated with our stupidity and the refs STILL SUCK!

Conclusion: I am not scared of the Pistions...I think we win 3 straight and close this team out in 5 games. It took us playing like retards and having the Pistons hit every outside shot, their backup PG playing like Wade....for them to beat us buy what 4 or 5 points?

Final Conclusion: If Ray continues to not play like suck and we do not play stupid basketball we blow the Pistons out in 5 games total (and win the next 3 games easily).

Hahaha, "played like suck" is probably the funniest phrase i've heard all day.

And your points are completely accurate. I think it is POSSIBLE for the C's to take this in 5. That is, if we can be the HOME celtics on the ROAD.

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:44:12 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I was actually in the same funk a lot of the other posters have indicated (we are doomed, won't win in Detroit, season is over...) until about 11:37pm EST. Nothing specific happened to jar me from my depression, but I think I was making way too much about the whole never-lose-at-home/always-lose-on-the-road thing. I can't say I really think Boston will win the next three, but I think they can win two of them and be in good shape. Really, if they can be up 3-2 after game 5, the series is theirs. That means one road win and hold at home, that's it.

The boys did play sloppy basketball tonight which is painful to watch, especially since Detroit could still easily have lost if it wasn't for the lights out shooting, stupid (did I mention stupid?) fouls and really, some bad luck littered throughout the game.

I was ready to give up, but screw that. Go Green.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 04:29:00 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
A lot of the dimwit National Media will point to how the Big 3 played Big and we still lost to the super poised Pistons....won't bring up the fact that we got virtually zero production from our bench and that we basically BEAT ourselves with moronic fouls.

We Celtic fans should know that the Pistons made some super shots from the perimeter and got some super key play from one of their reserves (Stucky) and they still needed us to point them on the line....still needed us to not cover an inbounding layup to beat us by 4 points.

We got their best shot last game and we played dumb too and they barely beat us.

With Ray Ray back to his old self...our defense back to its old self...we are going to win this series a lot easier than people think.