Around the League > Transaction Ideas and Rumors

timberwolves will deal picks

(1/13) > >>

vgulab:
i've been listening David Kahn who said that they are going to make a lot of changes this  summer. He was worried about defense. Love and Jefferson are really good offensive players but not good defenders. So i thought can we offer Perk for the 4th pick? T-wolves have also 2others first round picks and they are young they don't need another young players now they need more  expirienced players. Last year they traded Ty Lawson to Denver and i believe they will trade picks for sure.

Roy Hobbs:
I think we need Perk's defense more than we need the #4 pick, even if Minnesota would do that trade. 

I think whoever is taken at #4 will probably be more talented than Perk, but he won't be as proven or as good a fit on our defensive front line. 

It's a smart move if you're looking to rebuild.  If possible, though, I'd like to see us try to extend our window another year or two, rebuilding be [danged].

Greenbean:
Maybe if we could draft Demarcus Cousins but I guess Im not as high on him.

If you could guarantee me that Cousins work ethic would match Perk's then yes in a heartbeat I would do that.

vgulab:
I think we will still be good without Perk. We will have Sheed and Big Baby plus the 4th pick. I don't think that without Perk wwe are a lot weaker. With the 4th pick we can select big guy Cousins,Favors and our big man rotation can be Garnett,Davis,Rasheed,4th pick and maybe Shelden? Cousins or Favors can develop into great big guys but Perk next summer will ask for 7,8 mil per season. I think this can be smart investment

wiley:
I spend plenty of time wishing I were an NBA G.M. (or an intrusive owner who makes all the decisions despite the GM he hired:)

But Perk for #4 is a question that would send my into hiding......I mean, talk about a major risk!
You watch your new young stud develop all year long and then bam, you get bulldozed by the magic or Lakers because you have no one tough enough or sytem savvy enough to handle playoff basketball....

I think in the end, I couldn't resist.....I'd do Perk for #4 and go after some mature free agent center.....but I may very well regret next playoffs....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version