Author Topic: Wendell Carter Jr  (Read 3954 times)

Re: Wendell Carter Jr
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 03:53:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'd rather try to drum up a trade for Mo Bamba, who probably can be gotten by giving up a lot less. I suspect Langford, Memphis pick and filler could get it done.  Below article from last January shows he was definitely available, and Mavs almost traded for him before the Porzingis deal came to them. I suspect he still is available.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818669-windhorst-mo-bamba-is-available-in-trades-mavericks-attempted-to-land-rookie

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 03:58:22 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I'd rather try to drum up a trade for Mo Bamba, who probably can be gotten by giving up a lot less. I suspect Langford, Memphis pick and filler could get it done.  Below article from last January shows he was definitely available, and Mavs almost traded for him before the Porzingis deal came to them. I suspect he still is available.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818669-windhorst-mo-bamba-is-available-in-trades-mavericks-attempted-to-land-rookie

It's less than trading for Carter but isn't it too much for Bamba ? I'd rather develop RW and try my luck with the pick

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

It's less than trading for Carter but isn't it too much for Bamba ? I'd rather develop RW and try my luck with the pick

Maybe, just trying to be realistic on what their demands are.  Memphis pick could convey this year in a pretty weak draft.  Odds of it being an awesome pick are not that high. 

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Maybe, just trying to be realistic on what their demands are.  Memphis pick could convey this year in a pretty weak draft.  Odds of it being an awesome pick are not that high.
Worst case scenario, I might hesitantly sacrifice R. Williams + the Memphis pick for Bamba. I mean, the C's are trying to contend this season. I can't see us developing both Bamba and R. Williams at the same time.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 05:10:49 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 05:29:01 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152

Worst case scenario, I might hesitantly sacrifice R. Williams + the Memphis pick for Bamba. I mean, the C's are trying to contend this season. I can't see us developing both Bamba and R. Williams at the same time.

This doesn’t really make much sense to me. If the c’s are trying to contend, why would we trade away the better player, right now, in the deal? Wouldn’t we want to keep the familiar face and, currently, better overall player?
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 06:57:02 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

This doesn’t really make much sense to me. If the c’s are trying to contend, why would we trade away the better player, right now, in the deal? Wouldn’t we want to keep the familiar face and, currently, better overall player?
I don't think RW is necessarily better than Bamba is right now. He's super efficient cause a) unlike Bamba he ain't shooting any threes and b) he has a minimal role within a well-run team, hence he can hide his weaknesses. RW is practically our 3rd choice center. It's possible that he won't even be part of our rotation come playoff time.

Obviously, it's all about future potential though. Bamba might become a Rudy Gobert type of player. Unlike Gobert, he's even trying to extend his range shooting 36.6% from 3 this season on 2 attempts per game. I see no Center in our current roster having the potential to become an all-NBA player (like Gobert is right now).

Can you imagine a player in the mold of Gobert who can stretch the floor? Bamba has the potential to become a Gobert-Porzingis hybrid!