Author Topic: Dario Saric for The Bucks pick, would you do it?  (Read 7584 times)

Dario Saric for The Bucks pick, would you do it?
« on: December 09, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
If you could pick up Dario Saric for that bucks pick and Poirer would you do it? Saric is expiring and The Suns are probably not going to resign him. He seems like a player that would thrive in Brad's system.

Re: Dario Saric for The Bucks pick, would you do it?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 03:59:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Maybe?  I guess the hope would be that we could just resign him with the QO — I don’t think he’s someone we’d sign to a long-term deal.  Or would you expect him to walk regardless?

It feels like an overpay for the pick, ultimately.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 04:05:37 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Not big on disrupting this years team but Saric for Vincent would definitely upgrade our bench.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 04:05:56 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I kinda like this trade. I like Saric and his upside in a system that would allow him to succeed. What are the chances we get even a good role play with one of the last picks in the draft?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 04:06:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I remember on here about a year ago some posters were very adamant that Saric was a real talent that would average 20 9 and 5 on a team when he got off the 76ers. Was he just criminally overrated at that time, or has he just not developed at all?

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I like Saric, he's a tough, smart player, with solid skillset.

The thing is though, does he fill a need for us?

We need a an excellent defensive center more than anything else right now.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 04:11:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I remember on here about a year ago some posters were very adamant that Saric was a real talent that would average 20 9 and 5 on a team when he got off the 76ers. Was he just criminally overrated at that time, or has he just not developed at all?

Hasn’t developed.  His second year at age 23 could wind up being the peak season of his career.

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 04:25:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Hasn’t developed.  His second year at age 23 could wind up being the peak season of his career.
That really seems to be the case though per 36 he is averaging basically 14/9/3 this year (and it is over 28 mpg so it isn't a huge stretch up).  That is still pretty good overall.  Definitely worth the Bucks pick and Poirer. 

Though I have no idea why the Suns would do that, as he has started all 22 games at PF for them this year and is still just a 4th year player (albeit older at age 25).  So he seems like his value is worth more than the 30th pick in the draft and an older rookie that was so bad he is now in the GLeague.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 04:35:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That really seems to be the case though per 36 he is averaging basically 14/9/3 this year (and it is over 28 mpg so it isn't a huge stretch up).  That is still pretty good overall.  Definitely worth the Bucks pick and Poirer. 

Though I have no idea why the Suns would do that, as he has started all 22 games at PF for them this year and is still just a 4th year player (albeit older at age 25).  So he seems like his value is worth more than the 30th pick in the draft and an older rookie that was so bad he is now in the GLeague.

The reason the Suns might do this is if Saric isn't in there long term plans and they pick up a 1st for there troubles.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 04:41:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

The reason the Suns might do this is if Saric isn't in there long term plans and they pick up a 1st for there troubles.
I mean why did they trade for him if they didn't have interest in keeping him?

Its possible of course they've soured on him after having him for 20 games, but I think that's unlikely. He'll be a RFA so they can try and get him on a bargain deal still.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 04:49:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Its possible of course they've soured on him after having him for 20 games, but I think that's unlikely. He'll be a RFA so they can try and get him on a bargain deal still.

That might very well be true but the Suns might want a vet big in that spot. You never know what the Suns are going to do.

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Interesting. I've always liked Saric. I don't think he's played his best basketball yet.

The Sixers didn't use him the right way. Thibs benched him right away when Minny got him. Now the Suns have him--although they have been better this year, they aren't known for getting the most out of their players.

Not sure how we have room for him, unless you think there is some untapped potential as a big man in his game. I don't see that, but I could be wrong.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2019, 05:04:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

That might very well be true but the Suns might want a vet big in that spot. You never know what the Suns are going to do.

Okay, but how is Poirier more of a vet than Saric?

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Okay, but how is Poirier more of a vet than Saric?

I meant for next year for the Suns. The thought was that the Suns might just want to pick up a pick. It's probably not a move The Suns make as long as they feel they are in the playoff hunt.

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2019, 05:13:23 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Phoenix wants to make the playoffs this year, and they probably can. Dario is one of their starters; I don’t think they are going to dump him for a pick at the tail end of the first round next year.