Author Topic: Memphis Idea  (Read 4971 times)

Memphis Idea
« on: December 07, 2019, 09:44:46 PM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
A potential go for it all move this year.

Boston receives:

Jonas Valunciunas
Jae Crowder
Andre Iguadola

Memphis receives:

Gordon Hayward
Enes Kanter
Romeo Langford
Memphis Pick returned

Thoughts?

Re: Memphis Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 09:47:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t think that helps, short or long term.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 09:52:59 PM »

• Al Horford
Long term, we add a proverbial Allstar center who is 27 years old. We convert Gordon into role players to allow Trouble 0-7 to continue to grow. We welcome back a fan favorite in Jae Crowder. Andre Iguadola is a great add to a team looking to make a deep playoff run.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 09:56:56 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Celts can trade for Valanciunas without including Hayward.

There's also no need for Iguodala.

Kanter, Poirier, Langford, and another filler can be traded for Valanciunas.

It just doesn't make sense to trade Hayward at this point in time.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 09:57:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Why is everyone coming up with bad trade ideas involving our best most efficient player this season?

Dude is going to be the catalyst to lead us to the finals.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 09:58:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We convert Gordon into role players to allow Trouble 0-7 to continue to grow

They seemed to be growing fine with Hayward in the lineup.

And, while I wouldn’t mind JV as a fifth option, he’s not an All-Star.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 10:00:07 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Why is everyone coming up with bad trade ideas involving our best most efficient player this season?

Dude is going to be the catalyst to lead us to the finals.

I agree.

Celtic offense ran smoothly when Hayward was playing.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 10:01:14 PM »

• Al Horford
Come on... we can all admit that we have a roster imbalance with a bevy of wing/swing.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw Hayward being dealt for that package, but my heart actually stopped when I saw that the MEM pick was included.

Okay, so maybe I'm being dramatic, but that is a rough package...like really really rough. With those two pieces going out in a trade, we better be getting back JJJ.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2019, 10:08:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Valanciunas is definitely a guy I'd love for the Celtics to nab. He's a smart, veteran player, who is loved by his teammates and is just as content playing a major role one game as he is being a bit player the next. He knows his strengths and weaknesses and understands his use will change at times depending on the needs of the team.  JV would add a lot to this team.

But despite the fact that I doubt Memphis is looking to trade him, and surely won't just give him away if they were, I would not even consider giving up Hayward for him.  Getting Crowder back isn't nearly enough to justify sending out Hayward.  Iggy is a back-end rotation player at this point.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Valanciunas is definitely a guy I'd love for the Celtics to nab. He's a smart, veteran player, who is loved by his teammates and is just as content playing a major role one game as he is being a bit player the next. He knows his strengths and weaknesses and understands his use will change at times depending on the needs of the team.  JV would add a lot to this team.

But despite the fact that I doubt Memphis is looking to trade him, and surely won't just give him away if they were, I would not even consider giving up Hayward for him.  Getting Crowder back isn't nearly enough to justify sending out Hayward.  Iggy is a back-end rotation player at this point.

Celts can trade for Valanciunas without giving up Hayward or any of the top 5 Celtics core players.

The key to getting Valanciunas is what draft pick the Celts are willing to offer.

Memphis would likely want their 2020 or 2021 pick back.

But Celts can trade guys like Kanter, Langford, Poirier, and another filler for Valanciunas.

Re: Memphis I
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2019, 10:16:21 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Can we start suspending people who include Hayward in trades foe role players? 🙃

Hayward give us the option to have a vet and a young on the floor at all times who can score. One time it was just Brown out there during this run with out him. Kinda scary. Plus the offense has been okay with out him. It was better when he was playing and involved. His last few games he had turned a corner it looked like.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2019, 10:24:03 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Come on... we can all admit that we have a roster imbalance with a bevy of wing/swing.

I don't think this is true. But even if it were, the solution wouldn't be trading one of our best players and by far our best asset (the MEM pick) for scraps.

Not to mention Memphis wouldn't want a 29 year old who needs the ball in his hands to be most effective, when they are trying to develop Ja Morant.

It just doesn't make sense at all.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2019, 10:41:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
A potential go for it all move this year.

Boston receives:

Jonas Valunciunas
Jae Crowder
Andre Iguadola

Memphis receives:

Gordon Hayward
Enes Kanter
Romeo Langford
Memphis Pick returned

Thoughts?

My thought is you must be a Memphis fan.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2019, 10:42:53 PM »

Offline DrinkinCelticKool-Aid

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 36
Long term, we add a proverbial Allstar center who is 27 years old. We convert Gordon into role players to allow Trouble 0-7 to continue to grow. We welcome back a fan favorite in Jae Crowder. Andre Iguadola is a great add to a team looking to make a deep playoff run.

Screw Jae Crowder. I don't know how many Celtics fans would consider him a fan favorite after he broke Gordon Hayward's leg. Like I said screw that guy...