Author Topic: How to fix the 76ers issues  (Read 8762 times)

Re: How to fix the 76ers issues
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 08:34:20 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
*Please note I hope they don't lol

Fire Brown and replace him with either Jim O'Brien, Joseph Blair,  Adrian Griffin.

Trade Tobias Harris for Chris Paul and Thunder 1st pick
Trade Ben Simmons for Bradley Beal

Embiid
Horford
Richardson
Beal
Paul

Flip 1st pick and salary filler for a bench scorer

Wow, those are some nice moves. It would be great to see a Philly team with that much shooting.

Agreed on need to fire the coach. I like the idea of trading Simmons for someone who fits easier alongside other players. Beal would be a phenomenal get for them. I don't think they need to do the CP3 trade although getting a PG would be very good for them.

G: Beal
G: Josh Richardson
F: Tobias Harris
F: Al Horford
C: Embiid

I believe Harris would be more consistent on this new look Philly team than the current one. More shooting. More ball movement. Less stagnant offense.

All 5 guys can pass and handle the ball. While getting a PG would be preferable, I don't think it is a necessity. I reckon they'd still do well without one.

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 08:35:15 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I wonder if Portland's season continues to disappoint, could Philly land Damian Lillard for Ben Simmons.

Portland moves CJ McCollum over to PG. Fix one of their forward slots with Ben Simmons. Nurkic at center. Build a new look team around those three players.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 08:39:18 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think the 76ers aren't going to get a quality return for Tobias Harris.  If they want to dump that contract they are going to have to make it worth it to some team by including multiple draft choices.

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 09:35:03 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I wonder if Portland's season continues to disappoint, could Philly land Damian Lillard for Ben Simmons.

Portland moves CJ McCollum over to PG. Fix one of their forward slots with Ben Simmons. Nurkic at center. Build a new look team around those three players.
I think the Sixers would really need to sweeten the pot (like add good role players/picks/prospects) if they want to land Lillard using Simmons as the centrepiece of their offer, and they can't make the salaries work until the summer anyways.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 09:35:52 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
*Please note I hope they don't lol

Fire Brown and replace him with either Jim O'Brien, Joseph Blair,  Adrian Griffin.

Trade Tobias Harris for Chris Paul and Thunder 1st pick
Trade Ben Simmons for Bradley Beal

Embiid
Horford
Richardson
Beal
Paul

Flip 1st pick and salary filler for a bench scorer

Wow, those are some nice moves. It would be great to see a Philly team with that much shooting.

Agreed on need to fire the coach. I like the idea of trading Simmons for someone who fits easier alongside other players. Beal would be a phenomenal get for them. I don't think they need to do the CP3 trade although getting a PG would be very good for them.

G: Beal
G: Josh Richardson
F: Tobias Harris
F: Al Horford
C: Embiid

I believe Harris would be more consistent on this new look Philly team than the current one. More shooting. More ball movement. Less stagnant offense.

All 5 guys can pass and handle the ball. While getting a PG would be preferable, I don't think it is a necessity. I reckon they'd still do well without one.
Salaries won't match until the offseason, Simmons is still on a rookie scale deal this season.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 09:46:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Imo the Sixers can trade Harris and a pick or two for CP3. I know it doesn't sound great, but they get less of a boat anchor contract (3 years instead of 5) as well as a true floor general to initiate the offense. Their spacing can still work well with a lineup of CP3/Richardson/Simmons/Harris/Embiid, and their offense will be much less anemic with CP3 running the offense and Simmons operating as a big (stand in the short corner for putbacks and interior dishes when Embiid is double teamed in the post+be the roll man with CP3 being the ball handler in the PnR).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 09:57:53 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Never in a million years would they trade Simmons.  And for that I am eternally grateful.  Stop him from driving and he's NOTHING.

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 10:03:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Buy out Al Horford, after which he re-signs with the Celtics for the minimum.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 10:15:57 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Buy out Al Horford, after which he re-signs with the Celtics for the minimum.

Or trade Simmons for Kyrie....Horford kicks and screams his way back to Boston.

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 11:37:53 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I think the Sixers would really need to sweeten the pot (like add good role players/picks/prospects) if they want to land Lillard using Simmons as the centrepiece of their offer, and they can't make the salaries work until the summer anyways.

I've been thinking Simmons for Lillard would be a great trade for both parties (would have to wait until offseason though as mentioned).  Don't think Philly would need to sweeten the pot too much either.  A small market team getting a young, popular All-Star under contract for 5 years is a win, even if his game has flaws.  Portland also gets to send their star to a contender, always a nice gesture and helps them part amicably.

If Portland misses the playoffs (or maybe gets bounced in the first round), and Philly again doesn't get past the 2nd round (or even gets knocked out in the 1st), I'd look for both teams to shake things up.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 11:41:20 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If the Sixers have issues, last thing on my mind is to help them fix it.

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2019, 11:41:56 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Never in a million years would they trade Simmons.  And for that I am eternally grateful.  Stop him from driving and he's NOTHING.

Agreed. Not a Simmons fan, at all.

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
If the Sixers have issues, last thing on my mind is to help them fix it.

Better yet...why on earth is this even in discussion? 😃

Id be ecstatic if their savior Ben simmons never gets to learn to shoot and embiid realizes its better off to head elsewhere since he can't beat Boston.

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2019, 11:50:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Move the team to another city?!?!

Philadelphia is a God awful place.

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2019, 11:58:32 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell