Author Topic: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread  (Read 43734 times)

Re: NBA2k11 Meet Up/ Disscussion thread
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Is no one playing this game on the ps3?

I am Evantime but I'm not going to show my face online til I've figured out the controls - switching from Live is a steep curve!

Give me a few months .. years maybe  ;)
Ok, my psn is evantime34 so if you decide to play online sometime get at me.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Is no one playing this game on the ps3?

I am Evantime but I'm not going to show my face online til I've figured out the controls - switching from Live is a steep curve!

Give me a few months .. years maybe  ;)
Ok, my psn is evantime34 so if you decide to play online sometime get at me.

im on psn.....what games do u play online?  i dont have 2k bc im a live guy.

« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Hey just wondering, does anyone have the game on a Wii?? If so how do you find it? Do you play with a controller? or the normal Wii remote and nunchuk?
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2010, 07:40:14 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I like the update feature in the game. Now, they have removed Rondo's headband, put Perk and Delonte on the injury list, and added Harangody in the roster (he looks so realistic it's crazy, he is way more realistic than Ray for example :o). Too bad they didn't put Semih in the game but maybe it will come!

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2010, 03:04:38 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
HAs anyone figured out if you can edit contracts like last year?

I built the new improved supersonics with a bunch of my pick up friends and put them in an association, but despite the fact that i made all the created players 70-75 overall outside of two stars who are 80, the computer jacked all their contracts to max because of thier potential once association started.

My highest rated player is an 81 and I have a 190 million dollar payrole  :o :o :o

Is there anyway to edit thier contracts to be more realistic? otherwise im going to lose 3/4ths of my team since the game arbitrarily decided they are on two year contracts.

Help!

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2010, 02:12:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Meet: Tommy Caffey!

Height: 6'10
Weight: 248
Overall: 74
Personality: Unpredictable
Jordans Worn: Air Jordan VII's (+4 Shot 3pt)
Style Stuff: Keith Van Horn Knee-highs, forearm sweat band, finger tape, celtic cross neck tattoo, other assorted tats
High attributes: 87 Speed, 86 3pt shot, 81 quickness, 80 offensive clutch, and 80 consistency, 80 for inside, close, mid shots, high ball handling and off ball handing for a forward (high 70's)
Low Attributes: 71 dunk (low for a SF that gets a lot of dunks), steal, block both lower than I'd like, same with rebounding, Low "on ball" defense, low hustle, low awareness, ball security, hands

PPG: 48.8
RBS: 6.3
AST: 4.3
FG%: 60%
FT%: 66% (but getting better)
3pt%: 37% (and getting better)
Blocks: 1.0
Steals: 1.0
TO's: 3.5 or so.

Plays For: Bucks
Record: 36-38, 8th place in East, 3 games up on Knicks

Bio/Storyline: Initially drafted by and played for the Wizards. Began season on the bench behind Josh Howard, but was the Wizard's leading scorer by the 10th game. Got a starting spot by the 20th, and proceded to lead them to a 3rd place position in the East, rattling off 10 straight wins after the Knicks acquired Antawn Jamison at the 4 by trading Kirk Hinrich. However, there was trouble in paradise.

Citing the fact that he "just didn't like a team that is called the Wizards despite there being nothing magical about Washington DC", and also pointing to really stupid rotation choices, he opted to privately request a trade, listing his favored destinations as the Celtics, Blazers, and Rockets (in that order).

Three times the Wizards tried, and three times they failed to find a suitable trade partner. Caffey was not dissuaded however, and requested a trade three games before the All-Star game. Weeks before he had heard "MVP" chants, now he was greeted to boos and "TRADE-HIM". The next day it was announced he'd been moved to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Three games in he set the franchise record for most points in a single game (82). Since joining the team, he's gone 8-2 in games he played in (missed 2 w injury). The Bucks went from a 11th place lottery team to a real playoff threat simply by offloading Drew Gooden (thank god) and picking up Tommy Caffey.

Weather today: Raining
Office activity: Non-existent
Nerd Level: High. Very high.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Whoa. What part of democracy isn't magical?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:56:39 PM by StartOrien »

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Whoa. What part of democracy isn't magical?

Haha...I think Bullets are cooler.

EDIT: Wait no I mean....
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 03:04:10 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
After I was traded to the Lakers and haven' tbeen able to score a trade i backed off R. Kelly's quest to become the best player in the NBA and moved to franchise mode and have enjoyed that pretty thoroughly.

Russ Westbrook
Courtney Lee
Rudy Gay
Kevin Garnett
Amare Stoudemire

6th man: John Salmons
Role players: Tyson Chandler, Jamario Moon, Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston

What I like about this year is the change to the overall offense. For years I've been getting by with 1 offensive scorer and 4 quick defenders running like mad up and down the court. Can't do that anymore, certainly not w/o wanting to huck my controller across the room.

Starting to figure out some of the lesser ranked role players that 2k11 is in love with: Ed Davis is a beeeeeeast in this game.

« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2010, 04:39:23 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
After I was traded to the Lakers and haven' tbeen able to score a trade i backed off R. Kelly's quest to become the best player in the NBA and moved to franchise mode and have enjoyed that pretty thoroughly.

Russ Westbrook
Courtney Lee
Rudy Gay
Kevin Garnett
Amare Stoudemire

6th man: John Salmons
Role players: Tyson Chandler, Jamario Moon, Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston

What I like about this year is the change to the overall offense. For years I've been getting by with 1 offensive scorer and 4 quick defenders running like mad up and down the court. Can't do that anymore, certainly not w/o wanting to huck my controller across the room.

Starting to figure out some of the lesser ranked role players that 2k11 is in love with: Ed Davis is a beeeeeeast in this game.

Sigh... I played so much association mode that the earth blew up or something. I was GM for like 60 years and had just drafted a back to back MVP 2 years before that.

I kinda wish you could just play association for as long as your heart desires, but apparently not.

« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2010, 06:55:58 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Can no one think of a clever way to save my reborn sonics? :d
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Edit player, edit contract? That's all I know of.

On a happier note...one april 1st, Kevin Harlan says "Here's Tommy Caffey entering the arena...so get ready table tennis fans, the championship is about to start!.........No, I'm just kidding. Its april fools!"

« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
In my player mode do you become a free agent and everything? Just started doing one so was just wondering.

« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2010, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
In my player mode do you become a free agent and everything? Just started doing one so was just wondering.

Havent finished a season yet..but I hope so.

« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Edit player, edit contract? That's all I know of.

On a happier note...one april 1st, Kevin Harlan says "Here's Tommy Caffey entering the arena...so get ready table tennis fans, the championship is about to start!.........No, I'm just kidding. Its april fools!"

Editng contracts is out of the game, as far as I can tell :/