Author Topic: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11  (Read 45268 times)

Re: NBA Elite 11 vs NBA 2K 11
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2010, 06:59:56 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
Just picked it up, came home, and found out Sony's 3.41 software update fried my system. FML

DOH!
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2010, 07:07:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Game 1 of the 1991 NBA Finals...awesome.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2010, 07:40:38 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I ended up going with 2k11... the reviews were just off the charts.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2010, 07:59:43 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I played 2K11 for a couple of hours this morning and noticed some pros and cons.

Association Mode:

Pros

- Simulation is way faster making it a lot easier to get through a season if you're a Sim junkie.

- The MLE can now be split to sign multiple players.

- Scal is on the Celtics for 1 year $2 million? Random...

Cons

- An under the cap team can spend to the MLE once it runs out of cap room (Against the rules in the real NBA).

- Players become upset far too easily. For instance, Evan Turner was upset by his lack of playing time and role in Philly. This resulted in the 76ers declining his 3rd year rookie option and releasing him after 2 seasons... Let's be real.

Gameplay:

Pros

- A lot crisper and better. I like the fact that a blown defensive assignment doesn't automatically result in a made basket by the other team.

- Cross court passes result in turnovers a lot more often. The computer is also more prone to maknig mistakes which makes the whole experience a lot better.

Cons

- The graphics are just not where I thought they'd be here in 2011.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Just picked it up, came home, and found out Sony's 3.41 software update fried my system. FML

DOH!

I just bought 2K11 for X-box 360, though I am new to the 2K franchise seeing as I am a primarily a NBA Live player and recently only owned Live 2010 for Xbox instead of both Live and 2K10.

Needless to say, it will probably take me some time to fully get the knack of shooting jumpers, posting up, setting screens, calling plays, etc. so right now I'm actually in training mode using Larry Bird from the '86 Celtics  trying to learn the fundamentals. Historic teams are already unlocked in this game from the get-go, as the game itself is a tribute to Michael Jordan.

Unfortunately, however the Miami Heat are also playing their first pre-season game right now so I doubt I'll be able to spend much time with this game until either halftime or during commercial breaks.

As I expected, LeBron James is doing great so far, scoring 12 points in the first quarter vs the Pistons who acquired an older Tracy McGrady this off-season. Honestly, at this point in McGrady's career I doubt he'll be able to turn a team like the Detroit Pistons into a serious playoff contender but who knows, the Pistons are a very resilient franchise as evidenced by the city of Detroit's 'Big 3' automakers Ford, Chrysler, and GM's ability to bounce back from nearly going bankrupt...

I'll be sure to update this post or just post again after halftime...

http://www.hipsterrunoff.com/2010/10/coming-to-terms-with-the-downfall-of-panda-bear.html
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 10:35:48 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
2k11 is great.  My Player got some great and much needed improvements.  One compliant though... I had to turn off Ron Artest's trash song in 2k Beats

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2010, 09:09:49 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
2k11 is great.  My Player got some great and much needed improvements.  One compliant though... I had to turn off Ron Artest's trash song in 2k Beats

LOL TP one of the first things I did also hahaha.

Red Auerbach

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Dislike the new shooting drill. Well, until I actually start getting it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2010, 10:21:13 PM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
For those on XBL I created a crew team called the Celticsbloggers join up with your My players and we can have some fun :)

Red Auerbach

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2010, 10:23:56 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
couple of questions since i wont be able to play the game in a week or 2:

1) i read in the review that you suck at the start. how low is your player's rating at the start?

2) can you sim games? or are you forced to play all 82. because i couldn't even finish one season in 2k10 because 82 games was way too much for me.

- LilRip
- LilRip

« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Well, I've finally gotten used to shooting as far as practice mode is concerned, I actually went through the entire Celtics' roster just to get a feel for how each one of our guys handles in the game, individually. I'm still sort of watching the end of the Miami-Detroit game, even though neither teams' starters are on the floor anymore (it's late in the 4th).

I am pleasantly surprised with how fluid the character animations in this edition of the '2K' franchise are - each player that I have tried in practice mode shoots and moves and mimics the same mannerisms of their real-life counterparts with a surprising amount of realism compared to other basketball video games that I have played.

Now that the Heat-Pistons game is over with I think I will try playing some exhibition games, though I doubt I'll have time to get to any of the other game-modes until later this week because I have work. Besides that, I just got an Enzo Ferrari in Forza Motorsport 3 so I might play some of that game tonight as well  8)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:51:16 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
You’d think that 2k11 would have Shaq’s tattoos updated... i mean his appearance in pretty well known AND he got them done last year.

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2010, 11:48:48 PM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I am stoked the Celtics drafted me in My Player

« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:24 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
1) i read in the review that you suck at the start. how low is your player's rating at the start

I started playing MyPlayer pretty late, and ended up quitting midway through my first game. The player was pretty terrible, I was a pass-first PG and woudl often struggle to keep my dribble. I'm sure I'll pick it back up tonight, but it was pretty frustrating

« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I love this game.

Love: 

- plays work! How Awesome are the floppy set screens for ray? My only problem is there's like 6 I like (42 double is nasty) and only 4 play book spots

- ability to assign other plays to bench players, this is helping me kill benchs with Nate and shaq running clear out punch plays on the weak side

- super recovery is gone, even on all star. Makes you actually plan your game out. It's just amazing that way, played the blazers and just got pierce off against bantum and Roy by running plays to get him down on the post vs those 2. Unlike last year where it wouldn't have been a noticeable difference thanks to super d/ stats not nattering, Paul had a marked advantage in the post like real life

Cons:

More on me than the game, going to take awhile to get all the iso/post moves down. Lickly live practice rocks for this, just gonna take some time.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion