Author Topic: NBA 2k9...Darius Miles?!?  (Read 6176 times)

NBA 2k9...Darius Miles?!?
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:12:14 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I couldn't easily find an answer online to why the heck Darius Miles isn't available at all on NBA 2k9. I bought it yesterday with the biggest smile on my face(as it only cost me 3 bucks b/c I traded a ton of sports games that I never play plus a couple games that were just awful or scratched). As I do with every NBA game, I check the rosters to make adjustment before I start playing at all. As of right now...I'm p---ed. Darius Miles has been hurt for 2 years, but never retired. He signed with Boston in August, and I know the rosters were up to date as just July 08, but still. Cliff Robinson hasn't played in 2 years but he's a free agent. So is Kelvin Cato, and a list of at least 4 of 5 other players. WHERE IS DARIUS MILES?!!?!?!?!?!?
As I assume, he's not on here, could someone help me get him? I'm not the greatest on making new players on these games plus with realistic stats.
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: NBA 2k9...Darius Miles?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 11:14:09 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
do you have xbox live? he's on my c's squad thanks to live updates from 2ksports
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:19:44 PM »

Offline Sun Devil

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
do you have xbox live? he's on my c's squad thanks to live updates from 2ksports

And if you don't, relax, it's a video game.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 11:22:46 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

You go out, and you pay money for a game that's different than the previous one. And by different I mean better. Having a roster short of a one of it's new players isn't cool. I could understand if it was a rookie...not a player that has been in the league for 6 years for so.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 11:27:41 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

I can see his argument though, it'd be like if you bought mario kart and it didn't have toad... that'd bum me out man

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 11:34:48 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i'm not sure if there is a roster update for 2k9 yet but when there is one, he will be included. they didn't have big baby when 2k8 was first released either.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
he was in the first live rosters update, if your signed up it should have already added him.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 12:05:17 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
He's in there...... you got to adjust your roster as he's one of the 13-15 players that isn't on the active roster

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 12:39:15 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
He's in there...... you got to adjust your roster as he's one of the 13-15 players that isn't on the active roster

how?

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 12:46:04 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

no, its the live update that puts him there, its automatic if you have xbox live, so you wouldn't even notice

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 12:53:28 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I know the rosters were up to date as just July 08, but still. Cliff Robinson hasn't played in 2 years but he's a free agent. So is Kelvin Cato, and a list of at least 4 of 5 other players.

yeah there are some weird guys on there, Eric Williams and David Wesley both come to mind

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
I have xbox as well and he was in mine. Had to change his number and add his headband though. Only player from our roster that was left out was sammy boy, but he was in FA..I signed him and released Scal...lol! Maybe Danny should take notice huh?
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 01:30:14 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I have xbox as well and he was in mine. Had to change his number and add his headband though. Only player from our roster that was left out was sammy boy, but he was in FA..I signed him and released Scal...lol! Maybe Danny should take notice huh?

also signed sam, and released scal.

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 01:44:47 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
He's definently in there, dont need to update to get him. I have a feeling he might be in the free agent pool.

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I agree with you totally on this.  This is the first year I got the 2K one, have always gotten Live in the past, and was very disappointed with the rosters.  It is one of the things I look most forward to and set up before I play the game too.  And yet no Miles, no Bill Walker or Giddens.  Very disappointing.  I know you can create players but its not the same thing and the guy never looks the same.

I wonder if Live had the rookies, i know they have in the past...
Jay Wingspan Bilas