Author Topic: Clyde Drexler runs the break with Playbook  (Read 2782 times)

Clyde Drexler runs the break with Playbook
« on: June 18, 2012, 05:00:20 PM »

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 120
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/4549/clyde-drexler-runs-the-break-with-playbook

Quote from the article:

Are today’s NBA players too cozy and too friendly with one another?

I think today’s NBA players have the right temperament, because it’s a healthy respect. It doesn’t mean you’re not going to play hard against them on the court, but they actually genuinely like each other. You know, we just weren’t born that way. We weren’t bred that way. I’ll give you a story by Celtics great Cedric Maxwell. He once told me of the Lakers-Celtics rivalry of the ‘80s, “If I saw one of the Lakers on the freeway and his car had stopped, not only would I not stop to help him -- I’d back up and try to run over him.” How is that? I don’t think I was quite that extreme. But I think today’s players have a healthy respect for each other. … I think that’s the right attitude. Always respect your opponent.

Re: Clyde Drexler runs the break with Playbook
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 05:07:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/4549/clyde-drexler-runs-the-break-with-playbook

Quote from the article:

Are today’s NBA players too cozy and too friendly with one another?

I think today’s NBA players have the right temperament, because it’s a healthy respect. It doesn’t mean you’re not going to play hard against them on the court, but they actually genuinely like each other. You know, we just weren’t born that way. We weren’t bred that way. I’ll give you a story by Celtics great Cedric Maxwell. He once told me of the Lakers-Celtics rivalry of the ‘80s, “If I saw one of the Lakers on the freeway and his car had stopped, not only would I not stop to help him -- I’d back up and try to run over him.” How is that? I don’t think I was quite that extreme. But I think today’s players have a healthy respect for each other. … I think that’s the right attitude. Always respect your opponent.
one of the reasons to like Max.  Now THAT'S the right attitude to have.  can't have real rivalries if you've got a man-crush on the opponent

Re: Clyde Drexler runs the break with Playbook
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 05:08:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think they are too cozy.   A little animousity makes for good competition.  Just once I like to see someone tackle or clothesline LeBron on a dunk.