Author Topic: This players dont want to play in Boston is getting old  (Read 4733 times)

Re: This players dont want to play in Boston is getting old
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I was talking with someone who is good friends with Marcin Gortat just the other day, and was told that even Gortat didn’t want to come to Boston because it’s too cold.  Gortat isn’t someone I’d lose sleep over not being a Celtic, especially at this point in his career (which is likely over according to his friend), but the bias against Boston is real.
That really hurts coming from a Pole
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2019, 11:44:57 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Higher taxes and sucky winter weather vs high/no taxes, nice weather all year long, a hot spot for celebrities.

The odds will never be in Boston's favor. 
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2019, 11:53:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
People hate Boston cause they beat up on the other cities in sports.  This is passed down from parents, grandparents etc.

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2019, 01:29:57 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
People hate Boston cause they beat up on the other cities in sports.  This is passed down from parents, grandparents etc.

How many traumatized cities is Tom Brady responsible for?

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2019, 01:29:39 PM »

Offline ObjectivityOverBias

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Cris Carter made a great point.

One of your very own players are like "I want to play with you, but not here" is indicting to Boston.

Let me give you an example, James tried to get Bosh and Wade to come here, but they did not want to. James was not like "I want to play with you all, but not in Cleveland."

Kyrie tried to get Gordon to the Cavs a few years back. Kyrie was not like "Hey Gordon, I want to play with you, but not here in the Land"

It is indeed strange that Kyrie, your very own wants to play with AD, but not here. When/if Kyrie does leave, I have a feeling the world is going to discover the true toxin of this organization. My gut is saying Kyrie has some fumes, but he was not the main source of the toxicity....

because people still want to sign or play with him, even if it breaks their cap....

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2019, 02:56:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
If nightlife mattered, we would see Miami and new York get more free agents. Yet all the biggest  free agent either signed in the past years is Kelly olynyk

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2019, 10:11:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

One of your very own players are like "I want to play with you, but not here" is indicting to Boston.

Let me give you an example, James tried to get Bosh and Wade to come here, but they did not want to. James was not like "I want to play with you all, but not in Cleveland."

Kyrie tried to get Gordon to the Cavs a few years back. Kyrie was not like "Hey Gordon, I want to play with you, but not here in the Land"

It is indeed strange that Kyrie, your very own wants to play with AD, but not here. When/if Kyrie does leave, I have a feeling the world is going to discover the true toxin of this organization. My gut is saying Kyrie has some fumes, but he was not the main source of the toxicity....

because people still want to sign or play with him, even if it breaks their cap....

lol Cris Carter is an idiot if he said that. The Boston hate out there is real Al leaving will not help this narrative. Doc Rivers coaching in Boston but leaving to LA was not a good look. This narrative is real and it is a problem.

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2019, 10:20:10 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

lol Cris Carter is an idiot if he said that. The Boston hate out there is real Al leaving will not help this narrative. Doc Rivers coaching in Boston but leaving to LA was not a good look. This narrative is real and it is a problem.

Has more to do with the city's culture than winning. Because clearly, Boston is a championship town (at least when it comes to baseball and football). And then you recently got late playoff pushes from your hockey and basketball teams as well.

There's just too much political stigma like racism and (most recently, gender issues) being emphasized, but that's another topic although that may impact a free agent's decision in coming here. Plus weather does play a factor, too.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2019, 10:50:08 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Reality of the situation is that stars are leaving Boston and do not want to come play here. There is clearly something going on.

There is a toxin in the organization, something we are not aware of. I think it starts with Danny, his lack of loyalty and stubbornness.

It’s time for Ainge to go. Our master rebuild has blown up with Tatum and an over paid Hayward to show for it.

When it’s all said and done, Ainge never pulled any trigger and he p---ed off every NBA agent & GM along the way.

If Ainge stays, Brad will be the next to go within a few seasons.

There is an issue with the organization and it will come to light soon.

I hope everyone realizes we went from championship aspirations to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. posts about signing randle, Russell or brogdon in less than a year.

I’m done with Danny Ainge and so should ownership