Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 232811 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #2310 on: May 24, 2019, 12:34:08 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
As a Cs fan, I don't like Toronto OR Milwaukee, but I find myself pulling for Toronto in this series, and I think it's because a) Giannis insulted the Celtics and b) I love seeing the NBA's pets (in this case Giannis) lose.

Toronto played really well down the stretch tonight; hopefully they can finish off Milwaukee in Game 6.

Plus, I can't really hate on guys like Siakam, Kawhi and Gasol. Lowry the only annoying guy there with his constant flopping but at least he plays actual D.

« Reply #2311 on: May 24, 2019, 12:49:02 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Go Toronto!!

0-2 to 3-2

« Reply #2312 on: May 24, 2019, 01:00:09 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
As a Cs fan, I don't like Toronto OR Milwaukee, but I find myself pulling for Toronto in this series, and I think it's because a) Giannis insulted the Celtics and b) I love seeing the NBA's pets (in this case Giannis) lose.

Toronto played really well down the stretch tonight; hopefully they can finish off Milwaukee in Game 6.

Plus, I can't really hate on guys like Siakam, Kawhi and Gasol. Lowry the only annoying guy there with his constant flopping but at least he plays actual D.

Good point—there's no one on Toronto I dislike, either.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #2313 on: May 24, 2019, 01:18:15 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Backs to the wall for Giannis and the bucks can they respond?

Giannis is great but I haven't seen that closer mentality from him like I see in Kawhi. They could win the next game close with Middleton or Lopez, but I don't see him closing out as the main option in crunch time.
I’m not sure it’s his mentality as much as it’s lack of skills.  He pretty much just charges to the rim regardless of who is in front of him and there is generally contact and he generally gets the calls even though he is creating the contact.  Kawhi is such a smart, complete player.  His body doesn’t seem as lively as it used to but it doesn’t matter because he’s so skilled.

Giannis definitely has some limitations when he's unable to overpower the opposing players. Gasol, Kawhi and Siakam have defended him well and he's struggled to pass effectively out of double teams the last couple of games. It doesn't help that his teammates have been bricking shots as well. Kawhi is not as physically dominant but has a more complete game, he can score from all over the court, he can pass out of double teams, he maintains his composure a lot better. Giannis needs to develop some more variety to his game, he's shot the 3 reasonably well this postseason but they often feel more like flukes than a sign of real improvement. If he can continue his rate into the regular season next year, and maybe adds a stepback, which Kawhi uses to great effect when he drives and attracts a double team, then he becomes much more lethal.

That said, Raptors don't win tonight if not for Fred VanVleet. You need your supporting players to score and Middleton and the Bucks bench have been dismal the last couple of games.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2314 on: May 24, 2019, 01:43:54 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

They need to upgrade from the PG position. Id rather play Jeremy Lin TBH than Lowry.

« Reply #2315 on: May 24, 2019, 01:48:50 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
inching closer to resigning Kawhi

Doc and Clippers ....are worried sick ....LOL

Kawhi couls sign a one year deal.    This would screw up the LA teams ..... Durrant signs with Doc .....NY and Lakers get nobody.

Id think KL would still explore FA.

His mission is help win one for Toronto and lets assume he accomplishes that...It would definitely mean he could stay and contend with the raptors...or create another legacy home with the Clippers where he can stay Stateside, a ring won't be his motivation anymore since he already accomplish those.

as for Toronto...well if Kawhi does leave, id still say the 1 yr rental paid off huge dividends specially if they win a championship.

« Reply #2316 on: May 24, 2019, 02:15:53 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Just happy that this unlikable Bucks team is not advancing to the NBA finals. Their constant whining and yelling is irritating to watch.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2317 on: May 24, 2019, 03:18:35 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I like all the remaining teams, especially GS without Durant, and I'm just rooting for more basketball at this point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2318 on: May 24, 2019, 07:05:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Curry seems on mission now.

Prove its still his team and they can get it done without KD just fine.

want GS vs Raps

« Reply #2319 on: May 24, 2019, 09:10:48 AM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Bucks fans are bad losers... and disrespectful winners they deserve this.

I'm happy for Toronto, screw Wisconsin.

« Reply #2320 on: May 24, 2019, 09:32:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Kawhi is reminding everyone how special he is.

Superstar.

« Reply #2321 on: May 24, 2019, 12:45:32 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
My prediction late in the season was Warriors vs Raps in the finals. I hope it comes true!

Also, I hope Kawhi gets healthier. It’s hard enough to beat GSW, let alone with a hobbled Kawhi
- LilRip

« Reply #2322 on: May 24, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
inching closer to resigning Kawhi

Doc and Clippers ....are worried sick ....LOL

Kawhi couls sign a one year deal.    This would screw up the LA teams ..... Durrant signs with Doc .....NY and Lakers get nobody.

Id think KL would still explore FA.

His mission is help win one for Toronto and lets assume he accomplishes that...It would definitely mean he could stay and contend with the raptors...or create another legacy home with the Clippers where he can stay Stateside, a ring won't be his motivation anymore since he already accomplish those.

as for Toronto...well if Kawhi does leave, id still say the 1 yr rental paid off huge dividends specially if they win a championship.

I've said before, I think a championship in Toronto would actually seal Kawhi's exit. Think about it: Lebron played for two franchises before going to LA and won championships with both. Kawhi could do the same with San Antonio and Toronto, and then go to the Clippers and possibly bring a championship to LA before Lebron.

For a guy who got completely disrespected by Jordan Brand as not being marketable enough, the possibility to make a statement like that might be too much to pass up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2323 on: May 24, 2019, 01:07:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This series isn't over. I think the Bucks rebound and win game 6 to force game 7. Meanwhile, the Warriors are sitting back and will pull a Bruins having a ridiculous amount of time off, 10 days.

« Reply #2324 on: May 24, 2019, 09:31:58 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14

The Raptors exposed the Bucks half court offense is their demise and the Celtics couldn't make it a half court game past game 1 this is really disappointing Celtics really pooped the bed this is unbelievable how did we lose to the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing Bucks Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. Brad Stevens.