Author Topic: IT is P---ED  (Read 3152 times)

IT is P---ED
« on: August 23, 2017, 10:32:31 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Ok ok, I know, this is coming from a shady source, but my cousin works in the same building as the C's practice facility. He's a grown ass adult and I see no reason for him to lie about this. This is the text he just sent me:

Can't make this up. One of the doctors that works at health point dropped his phone in the parking lot. One of my managers found it and as she was holding it, a text message from Isaiah Thomas popped up "This is ****in bull****. I can't believe they did this to me. After everything I've done for the organization."

Re: IT is P---ED
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 10:34:52 AM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
Boo-hoo. Welcome to the NBA.

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I dont think you could have possibly made this less believable.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 10:39:15 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I dont think you could have possibly made this less believable.

I mean, I'm an anonymous poster on a internet forum... it was always going to be hard to believe. But if you want to take my word for it, which you should, it's fun basketball gossip.

I promise I'm more legit than Keith Smith. Does that make you feel better?

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 10:39:21 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
While I don't believe this one bit, I do think he has every right to be upset. That being said I have very little sympathy for multi millionaires who play a children's game as a profession.
I'd happily trade places with him.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He should be.

Its part of the business of the NBA, but it also is really really tough to do that to a guy who busted his but for Boston and fully went all in on everything around Boston as well off the court.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 10:40:45 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Obviously this is made up but if IT was p---ed then I very much doubt he'd keep it quiet. I honestly think both sides will be sad for a while, move on professionally of course but there will be a lingering query of what could have been.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 10:44:54 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
True or not, you could tell IT loved playing for Boston and gave everything to the team. The fans and media loved him and it was a perfect situation for him the last few years. Unforunately for him we have Danny, who already traded living legends in PP and KG. I hope IT gets the max money he deserves, however unless he made a great sacrifice in Boston to take a long term lower salary deal, Danny wasn't going to pay him. I really thought as he aged he would have made a fantastic 6th man for this young team.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He should be.

Its part of the business of the NBA, but it also is really really tough to do that to a guy who busted his but for Boston and fully went all in on everything around Boston as well off the court.

He also busted his butt for himself (and his future contract). I loved IT while he was here, but was very concerned about giving him that huge contract. I am psyched that the path has been paved to now keep Smart.

As for IT being upset, well, we just traded him to one of the two organizations who actually have a better chance of winning the championship than Boston. He also now has a chance (albeit unlikely) at securing a 5 year contract since Danny was clearly not going to do that.

Danny just gave IT an actual chance at a championship - he will get over it.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Don't feed the troll.

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 10:46:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Given how he still talks about the Suns/Kings at times, and his draft slot. I don't think he'll get over it, just how he motivates himself.

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 10:53:11 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Count me as one as one that doesn't believe this account...although, I do believe Isaiah could legitimately be upset...and I wouldn't blame him. He found Boston to be his basketball nirvana.  Who wouldn't be upset.

What may have sunk his ship is proclaiming his desire to get paid the max.  We don't know that for sure, but definitely played a role. The Celtics didn't want to pay him the max. 

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 10:53:41 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
He's got a right to be angry.  I'm sure he thought everyone was pulling for the same thing right until the time his agent told him the trade was likely to go through and he probably feels betrayed.  I 100% feel for him.  But it's also a business and both Ainge and ownership are trying to build the best team they can - and Ainge will trade anyone if he thinks its the right deal. 

Ownership could have killed the trade and they didn't.  I'm sure IT thought they were his friends - and both Danny and ownership probably hope they still are.  But business is business. 

And it's going to be business when Irving opts out of his contract in 2 years and demands the max. And also when Marcus Smart gets dealt because they can't afford to pay him what he's going to want with his next contract.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 10:56:01 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Whether the story's believable or not I'd be shocked if IT wasn't mad about this. Having a chip on his shoulder is kind of his thing, and the team he became a quasi-superstar and just played through terrible pain with dropped him. Now his future's a lot more uncertain too. Being mad is a lot more likely than just shrugging it off.

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 10:58:03 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The C's made him a star. It works both ways