Author Topic: At this rate do you still believe Irving will resign?  (Read 5441 times)

Re: At this rate do you still believe Irving will resign?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 05:46:33 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
anything short of making the finals, does anyone sincerely believe Irving is a shoe in to resign with the Celts?

I disliked him being hard on Hayward on the last play. Also during the timeout before the last play, you can see him ordering CBS around, instead of listening

After the game.....  what a pouty interview.  And he threw so many players under the bus...  the only player he wasn't hard on was himself

also this BS quote

"his Cavs teams always played hard"

Irving as a talent is not a problem. He is a gifted scorer.   Irving as a leader is below average.

I know many folks here are thinking, lets just weather the storm and make it into the playoffs..... it will be different.   Everything will click

But will it really?   A few losses to below average teams in the regular and you get the many issues above.....what is going to happen after one or two losses in the 1st round (1st two games) for example?   

By the way, not for nothing, but I just listened to Kyrie's post-game interview from Saturday and he NEVER said "his Cavs teams always played hard."

So, I don't know where on earth you got that.

Take a listen to the interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02R6IFeOfU

Also, notable quotes which you conveniently left out

"I know for a fact we are better than most teams in the league."

"I've got to do a better job as a leader."

When referring to the Cavs teams he was on, he states "their window was closing where we have like a 13 year window here..."

And finally, he doesn't even call anyone out by name.

Just a fierce competitor who was upset he lost a winnable game to a bad team

But hey, don't let the facts ruin a good story

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 05:50:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
anything short of making the finals, does anyone sincerely believe Irving is a shoe in to resign with the Celts?

I disliked him being hard on Hayward on the last play. Also during the timeout before the last play, you can see him ordering CBS around, instead of listening

After the game.....  what a pouty interview.  And he threw so many players under the bus...  the only player he wasn't hard on was himself

also this BS quote

Irving as a talent is not a problem. He is a gifted scorer.   Irving as a leader is below average.

I know many folks here are thinking, lets just weather the storm and make it into the playoffs..... it will be different.   Everything will click

But will it really?   A few losses to below average teams in the regular and you get the many issues above.....what is going to happen after one or two losses in the 1st round (1st two games) for example?   

By the way, not for nothing, but I just listened to Kyrie's post-game interview from Saturday and he NEVER said "his Cavs teams always played hard."

When referring to the Cavs teams he was on, he states "their window was closing where we have like a 13 year window here..."

Facts don’t get in the way of much of triboy’s posting often
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 05:57:17 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
kyrie is a top 15 player but seems odd this team plats better when he is out
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Why? Hayward botched the play and how do you know that Stevens even drew up a good play to begin with?

Anyway, yes I think (and hope) he will re-sign.
That's irrelevant. It isn't Kyrie's job to draw up plays. If a player has a problem with one particular play, he can always talk to the coach after the game. You don't help your team by questioning your coach's decisions in the middle of the timeout. At least, that's how it works in my book.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:50:28 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 06:06:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No, I think he could walk

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 06:10:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

also this BS quote

Let's just look at the basis of this thread for a second. The topic suggests the discussion is going to be about whether or not Kyrie will resign, but the OP pulls a bait and switch and instead uses the topic to trash him as a leader using fake quotes.

If only we could get the usernames of OP's in the "Latest Discussion" panel next to the thread titles, a lot of time would be saved.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

also this BS quote

And this is the issue

Why say this?

I got to be a better leader....

I got to get my teammates involved more,  I got to play better D, I got to etc... is what a humble person would say

I got to be a better leader is something the rest of the players the don't care about via words ...  just a wild guess but this type of tatic/nagging etc.  seems to be counterproductive

Why doesnt he just say I got to be a better King for the rest of the young guys to follow?

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 06:23:24 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Keep in mind who Kyrie learned from...Bron.

The next move will be for Kyrie to pull a power play and say either Stevens goes or I go if things flame out in the playoffs. Watch...these guys these days try to pull power moves and Kyrie will want a coach that allows him to run the show.

I wouldn't get rid of Stevens but I can see Kyrie throwing more people under the bus if the team doesn't succeed.

I think Ainge would find a trade for Irving before letting Stevens go.

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 06:25:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

The next move will be for Kyrie to pull a power play and say either Stevens goes or I go if things flame out in the playoffs. Watch...these guys these days try to pull power moves and Kyrie will want a coach that allows him to run the show.

So true....TP

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 06:32:47 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hayward has to change and be a leader on court and be vocal and emotional and act like he wants to win on court. 

Al is what he is at his age .  Irving is playing at a high level.  Hayward needs to step up and provide the intangibles , defense, rebounding, defense , on court leadership, emotion .  His attitude on court, taking control, calling for ball.....Kyrie doesn't want to be stuck with this passive version of max player Hayward. 

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 06:35:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I wouldn't get rid of Stevens but I can see Kyrie throwing more people under the bus if the team doesn't succeed.

sadly

and he wanted to leave his shadows/pre madonna ways

I just don't get it

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 06:37:32 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

sadly

and he wanted to leave his shadows/pre madonna ways

I just don't get it

Classic.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 06:38:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Hayward has to change and be a leader on court and be vocal and emotional and act like he wants to win on court. 

Al is what he is at his age .  Irving is playing at a high level.  Hayward needs to step up and provide the intangibles , defense, rebounding, defense , on court leadership, emotion .  His attitude on court, taking control, calling for ball.....Kyrie doesn't want to be stuck with this passive version of max player Hayward.

Hayward is not like that

Pippen was never like that.  Hakeem the dream was never like that.

Not everyone is like Draymond Green

You think when GH signed on with the Celts, it was his plan to do those things you listed??.... to basically be a sidekick

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2019, 06:42:48 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Yes.

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Hayward said he thinks Kyrie would have preferred the inbound went to Al Horford, who could have potentially gotten Irving the bell with a head of steam. But both Hayward and Horford said that felt Tatum got a good look.