Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2013 offseason: Post-lottery  (Read 312077 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! H2H Hoops League: 2012-13 season: Rookie Draft
« Reply #570 on: October 16, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I might cut Melo over Tyler, because of Bacon's willingness to move Melo for a 2nd, and because I know he was big on Tyler last year.  Tough call though.

There's a bit of logic here. If Melo or Plumlee were available for a second, but not Tyler, then perhaps that's the principle to operate under.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #571 on: October 16, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
I might cut Melo over Tyler, because of Bacon's willingness to move Melo for a 2nd, and because I know he was big on Tyler last year.  Tough call though.

There's a bit of logic here. If Melo or Plumlee were available for a second, but not Tyler, then perhaps that's the principle to operate under.
yeah he was high on Tyler last year..still cant believe he isnt here
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #572 on: October 16, 2012, 08:16:56 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731

yeah he was high on Tyler last year..still cant believe he isnt here

I know he was high on Tyler because I offered him a few trades lat year and this summer for him and he wasn't interested in trading him. Still, he i might have changed his mind.

« Reply #573 on: October 16, 2012, 08:20:53 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Cant wait for the waiver period..alot of solid players are available. Be just like the NBA signing period after the lockout was lifted, lol

« Reply #574 on: October 16, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would be happy to take over The Walker Wiggle's team until such time as he wants to return or permanently, whichever it is. But I would have one request. Any trades made by TWW in the past 24-48 hours not be allowed to go through. I would want those draft choices he just traded away
Theres goes my trade, lol

Birdman, no, I made that deal with you in good faith, before transforming into the Hulk. And as I understand it, none of the issues that Roy brought up today invalidate our trade. So unless it receives seven votes against, I don't see why it shouldn't be approved.

Meanwhile, Nick, I may choose someone else. Several guys have been in touch with me already, and given that I've created this mess, I do want to handle it with some sensitivity, and with as much respect to all wishes as I can manage. I feel that responsibility. My hard feelings don't extend to you, I've just inadvertently involved you. I hope you understand.
There's no problem, sir. I was just hoping to keep the spot warm for you until you wanted to come back.

Choose well. You are handing over the defending champions and a power in this league.

« Reply #575 on: October 16, 2012, 10:04:48 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Guys! Sorry!  Just got to a cpu.  Haven't read the board yet so hope I'm not too late...ugh.

FINAL CUTS:

Plumlee
Melo
D Brown
J Flynn
Etwaun Moore
CDR

EDIT:
Clearly I totally missed the 5pm deadline, BUT...You guys made the right choices apparently.  Thank you all
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:20:27 PM by celtsrp33 »
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #576 on: October 16, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I dont even know where I am right now...tis is the league i am in right?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #577 on: October 16, 2012, 10:30:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

You're in the points league, amigo.  (Although I hear we have a vacancy in this league now.  :P)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #578 on: October 16, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

You're in the points league, amigo.  (Although I hear we have a vacancy in this league now.  :P)

mmm  i dont have where to look at my roster Do you have a link
ty in advance
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #579 on: October 17, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
What about my trade with the Walker Wiggle? I know he is gone but we did had a trade yesterday. He said with him leaving, our trade will remain. Just want to know what everyone thinks

« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2012, 12:32:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What about my trade with the Walker Wiggle? I know he is gone but we did had a trade yesterday. He said with him leaving, our trade will remain. Just want to know what everyone thinks

I'm a little uncomfortable with Wiggle dictating policy from "beyond the grave".  He deleted his team, so he shouldn't have any say regarding any pending trades, in my mind.

At the same time, I thought it was a fair trade, and I didn't necessarily think it should have been scuttled by yesterday's deadline.

So, either way.  I'm more interested in finding a replacement GM.  Since Wiggle previously said he didn't care, and endorsed nick for a team, I'm not sure why nick wouldn't get the next franchise.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2012, 12:42:58 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

I'm a little uncomfortable with Wiggle dictating policy from "beyond the grave".  He deleted his team, so he shouldn't have any say regarding any pending trades, in my mind.

At the same time, I thought it was a fair trade, and I didn't necessarily think it should have been scuttled by yesterday's deadline.

So, either way.  I'm more interested in finding a replacement GM.  Since Wiggle previously said he didn't care, and endorsed nick for a team, I'm not sure why nick wouldn't get the next franchise.

I think the trade should still go through, since he made the trade prior to quitting.  if people want to veto it, then so be it, but the trade was completed when he was a member of the league.

And as for Nick, as you have said Ad nauseam , the rules are the rules.  The rules clearly state that if you quit, you get to select a new manager.  He left.  He get's to pick his replacement.  [I feel bad for Nick, since he has done nothing wrong, and obviously the defending champions team is desirable, but it wouldn't be comporting with the rules of the league, which we are apparently enforcing to the strictest letter.  So Nick, it appears, needs to wait until an owner is removed (and then Lucky get's to decide, I believe, or till someone quits and hands their team over to him).  Maybe not the best situation, but those are the rules. 

Nick already acknowledged the rules.  Wiggle already said he may pick someone else.  Let him make his own decision.

« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Given that the trade happened while WW was in the league, it should still go down.

As far as a replacement manager goes, when you quit the league you were not immediately replaced. Otherwise this whole issue would never had happened.

I also believe after a day or so, you brought Nick in to be your replacement. You then backed off and stuck around.

The WW should be given some time, to be determined by Lucky, to come back. If he does not come back, at that point, Lucky can decide on a replacement GM from WW recommendations and other considerations.

Mk

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:53:07 PM by mkogav »

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Given that the trade happened while WW was in the league, it should still go down.

As far as a replacement manager goes, when you quit the league you were not immediately replaced. Otherwise this whole issue would never had happened.

I also believe after a day or so, you brought Nick in to be your replacement. You then backed off and stuck around.

The WW should be given some time, to be determined by Lucky, to come back. If he does not come back, at that point, Lucky can decide on a replacement GM from WW recommendations and other considerations.

Agreed - the trade predated quitting and there's no appearance of collusion or anything goofy about it.  And at this point it's past the review period with no veto.  Trade should stand, and in my opinion should be put through at this point.

I like Nick and think he'd make a fine manager, but the rules clearly say WW has first crack at choosing a replacement, so that's what we should go by.  There's no time window for how long he gets, so I'd say that's up to the commish's discretion.

« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
The trade: the GMs involved were supposed to notify me if the trade should NOT go through (if it was made with the intent of getting below the roster max). No such word from either, so, I will process.

Replacement GM: I haven't heard back from TWW about his suggestions for his replacement. I should also point out that two people on the blog had asked to be considered for a GM position in the H2H league well before yesterday's events, so I am considering them as well.

I will keep people updated with news.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague