Author Topic: Report: C's think story of Kyrie's interest in NY planted by "cheap" Rich Paul  (Read 4461 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Sean Deveney:

The Celtics were upset about the news of Kyrie Irving‘s level of interest in New York as they feel the story was planted by Davis’ agent in an attempt to deter the team from being comfortable with promising a haul to the Pelicans for Davis. “It was cheap and underhanded,” a source tells Deveney

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-trade-deadline-of-anger-knicks-lakers-kyrie-irving-kevin-durant-anthony-davis/10cfln1ml28qf1abmalht1zhdk
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:52:13 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Even KD and the Warriors probably felt similar, hence KD lashing out at the media recently. It’s nice to see teams and players pushing back on the blatant Lebron/Lakers/Rich Paul agenda  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TPs to CE, the OP and to Phantom.

Saw this somewhere today, and while it’s pretty funny, I doubt its veracity:

“Pelicans hate Klutch sports. Word was that they called them at 3:01 pm yesterday and said they were finally ready to make a deal...”

If true, Talk about rubbing it in and mocking.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
So many grown ups think Kyire to NY is a thing, I was stunned. I do think they can sign him but a chance is like 2%, not 40%
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Media and the reporters have always overblown the relevance of the Knicks Organization, and Rich Paul took advantage of this fact.

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
So many grown ups think Kyrie to NY is a thing, I was stunned. I do think they can sign him but a chance is like 2%, not 40%

I tried to explain it to a group of Knicks fans, but they were not able to accept the message.
Even though I do root against the Knicks at the draft lottery it would be a hell of a risk for them to trade for Davis.
It will at least cost them their lottery pick (obviously) + Knox + Ntilikina/Smith + Robinson + Dallas picks.

Then they're just left with Ntilikina or Smith, Trier, Dotson, Kornet and Davis.
Is Durant really going to be interested in joining that team?
Irving is not going to sign there without Durant's commitment and even then I give the Celtics the advantage.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Rich Paul is a crook

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Have to wonder how David Stern would have handled this mess. Silver seems to have stayed out of it except for the latest $100K fine for sitting AD this season. I did see Steve A Smith speculate that the league my have directed Demps to hold AD.

Looking at the time line of events (my order might be a little off) its pretty ridiculous.

Lebron signs with Lakers 7/2/2018

AD Signs with Klutch 9/23/18

Lakers sign weird mix of vets to fill out roster on 1 years deals Rondo, Beasley, Stephenson 7/6-10/18

AD demands trade 1/28/19

Porzingis is traded and Irving and KD/AD to Knicks rumors pick up 2/1/19

AD Sr states he doesn't want son in Boston 2/2/19

Going all the way back to the summer this was such an obvious play of entitlement from Lebron, Magic and AD.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If Durant or Davis ends up there (and to a lesser extent Butler) I will worry about Irving going to the Knicks, but until that happens there is a very minute chance of Irving going there.

I will say the Knicks trade of Porzingis gives me some pause as they made that move to be bigger players this summer
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Media and the reporters have always overblown the relevance of the Knicks Organization, and Rich Paul took advantage of this fact.
I think that’s right. Kyrie to the Knicks has been rumored since before Lebron returned to Cleveland.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I think that’s right. Kyrie to the Knicks has been rumored since before Lebron returned to Cleveland.

Everyone has been rumored to the knicks since ever

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Going all the way back to the summer this was such an obvious play of entitlement from Lebron, Magic and AD.

There's that word again associated with LeBron.

His sycophants might call it pragmatic. And anyone who knocks the guy for orchestrated, manipulative, calculated moves like this, irrespective of who’s hurt,  is a hater.

Strange world, sports is.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't quite get how Rich Paul planted any stories of Kyrie going to New York. I think the speculation of Kyrie going to New York has been taking place for a while because he's from Jersey.

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
Jordan didn't need bird and magic to win - he beat 'em.

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Jordan didn't need bird and magic to win - he beat 'em.

Unpopular opinion: and yet if Magic and Jordan teamed up like Curry and Durant, Bird wouldn't have won jack.  He'd be lucky to have a single ring.  Just the times we live in. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07