Author Topic: Marquis Daniels having best season in years: AVG 8 pts /2.8 reb /1.4 assists  (Read 1801 times)

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3764

good stuff. Quisy still has it. I still cringe thinking about that injury he had with us.

For comparison, Jeff Green is averaging 9.4 / 3.0 / 0.6 (both green and quisy are playing about 20 min per game)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:03:13 AM by lightspeed5 »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

good stuff. Quisy still has it. I still cringe thinking about that injury he had with us.

For comparison, Jeff Green is averaging 9.4 / 3.0 / 0.6

I always liked Quisy.  He was a bit up and down with us.  He gave us some good games in the playoffs last year, and I always liked his game.  I wish he was still on the team.  Change of pace from Green / C Lee on the wing.  I am glad to see that he is playing well.

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Is this thread insinuating that we could have gotten a hair less than Green's productivity at 1/7th cost, and no long term commitment? From a better defender who knows the system here and accepts a bench role well?

If so, count me in. 

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Is this thread insinuating that we could have gotten a hair less than Green's productivity at 1/7th cost, and no long term commitment? From a better defender who knows the system here and accepts a bench role well?

If so, count me in.

This guy would have worked out nicely too:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1765/matt-barnes

And I'm just gonna say "I told you so," because I rarely get that opportunity.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=59860.msg1309503#msg1309503

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

If so, count me in.

hindsight is 20/20.  at the end of last year Marq. looked pretty well cooked.  Can't blame DA for moving on.  Sometimes a change in venue had a really positive impact on the player.  It seems like it was in this case.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
I'll always root for 'Quis--a good guy and a smart ball player.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

For comparison, Jeff Green is averaging 9.4 / 3.0 / 0.6

I always liked Quisy.  He was a bit up and down with us.  He gave us some good games in the playoffs last year, and I always liked his game.  I wish he was still on the team.  Change of pace from Green / C Lee on the wing.  I am glad to see that he is playing well.

He didn't just give good games he pretty much came as close to any one player "winning" a game for us... he made his shots, hustled, and "shut down" Wade and Bron in that game for a stretch. I mean it was amazing considering the amount he played (DNP) before that. Who knows what he would have given us all year had Doc given him a bit more PT and trusted him through his slump, after-all the guy just came back after he was almost never able to play again! I think the regular season is when you are suppose to give everyone a chance a few times... especially for a team that always has a period of coasting, why not give those players ample opportunity through struggles b/c like AB, it may turn out to be huge for you... I mean, we are losing anyway, let the scrubs or "diamonds in the rough" get their shot (KJ and Fab *cough*)!

I'm happy for him!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Marquis has always been one of those guys that gives you pretty much nothing unless he has the ball in his hands.  Never would've worked and I don't know why he lasted here so long (we wouldn't even give him the ball when Eddie House and Nate Robinson were our PGs).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Marquis has always been one of those guys that gives you pretty much nothing unless he has the ball in his hands.  Never would've worked and I don't know why he lasted here so long (we wouldn't even give him the ball when Eddie House and Nate Robinson were our PGs).

Marquis was a fantastic off the ball player as a cutter.  Rondo called him the best cutter he's ever played with.  Obviously he wasn't much of a spot up shooter, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Marquis was a fantastic off the ball player as a cutter.  Rondo called him the best cutter he's ever played with.  Obviously he wasn't much of a spot up shooter, though.
Yeah because he's left alone so often.  I'm pretty sure Rondo would rather play with someone that commands more honest attention.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale