Author Topic: Happy we kept our picks and took it slow With Robert Williams  (Read 9656 times)

Re: Happy we kept our picks and took it slow With Robert Williams
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2019, 11:25:03 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Williams is still very much a project, I expect he will spend most of the season in Maine.

of course he will, Celtics are not very good at developing players. If you do not come ready made to the Cs you are pretty much toast.

Was Brown ready when he came in? Was Rozier?

« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2019, 09:55:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Williams is still very much a project, I expect he will spend most of the season in Maine.

of course he will, Celtics are not very good at developing players. If you do not come ready made to the Cs you are pretty much toast.
Given the weakness of our frontcourt (especially on defense), I expect R. Williams to be on the big club, getting 8-10 minutes per night.

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2019, 10:49:39 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

smart? tatum? rondo? allen? pierce?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2019, 02:01:42 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Brown was "ready" in the sense that he had a corner three, good man to man defense and some flashes of good transition offense as a wing when he was a rookie. Iirc he did play pretty well as a backup wing.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2019, 04:29:21 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

Given the weakness of our frontcourt (especially on defense), I expect R. Williams to be on the big club, getting 8-10 minutes per night.

That's about what I think, though I also think that he'll inch up to 12 by All-Star break. And I agree with you that it's not just a matter of his talent but also of the opportunity in front of him.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 02:06:36 AM by Hoopvortex »
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021