Author Topic: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks  (Read 13931 times)

Re: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 02:14:10 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
And this is kind of why it's hard to get overly excited about Boston's assets.  Yeah, we have a lot of picks and some decent role players, but if a team prefers established talent, there's a lot of ways to outbid our best offer.

You said Danilo isn't that good.
Misrepresenting my opinion again.  Classic Ed.

July 8th 2015...  I may have been the first person to suggest going after Gallo:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=79647.0

Nuggets put Gallo on the trade block a couple weeks ago:  http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/24/8843099/danilo-gallinari-trade-rumors-nuggets

Boston needs shooting.  Boston needs an upgrade at SF (too many PF's and guards).   Ainge loves buy-low candidates.  Can't imagine the price will be high.  Denver is seemingly building around youth (Mudiay and Nurkic). 

Constantly injured, but he's 26 years old and post all-star he put up:  18.6 points, 4.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.3 steals on 44%/40%/89% shooting in 24 games.  Career 37% shooter from three (when he wasn't in a hospital bed).  He did this a couple months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3T7quja1JE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGBjpBMnHVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbyJ5weKuBU

A little after that we learned that Ainge was indeed interested in Gallo.  Gallo then became a popular topic on the forum.   He then signed an extension preventing him from being traded until this month.

I've never been anti-Gallo.  I'm just relaying what I've heard from multiple sources... which is that Ainge would be unlikely to give up major assets for a guy that would eat into our ability to have double max cap space.  This isn't my idea... I've read it in articles and heard it in podcasts.

That doesn't mean that Gallo isn't a solid borderline star when healthy.   He and faried are pretty solid players.   My point here was that when superstars (like Blake, for instance) become available, teams don't always target draft picks and prospects... sometimes they target solid players like Gallo and Faried.  Some people seem to have this belief around here that because Boston has a gluttony of "assets", it makes us the frontrunner when a star becomes available.  It wasn't the case when Kevin Love became available.  And my point all along has been... despite having that Brooklyn pick and lots of other middling assets, there's plenty of teams that can outbid us with basketball talent.

And once again you've derailed a thread by trolling, then responding to posters that troll you. This makes CBlog lame and uninformative.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 02:14:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Gallo+Nurkic+Barton

Too much, not enough?

Cuz I think that's a great trade for the Clips. It needs Chris Paul to be a superstar to succeed. But its a great trade.

Paul
Redick/Barton
Gallo/Barton
Pierce
Jordan/Nurkic

Very interesting team. I'd watch, big fans of a few of those guys. Makes the team instantly more likable.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
And this is kind of why it's hard to get overly excited about Boston's assets.  Yeah, we have a lot of picks and some decent role players, but if a team prefers established talent, there's a lot of ways to outbid our best offer.

This is not well thought out. You're taking one rumor largely out of context to suggest that the Nuggets are the only team capable of landing Blake Griffin.
That's not what I'm doing at all.   I'm saying that when a guy like Blake Griffin, Kevin Love or Cousins becomes available, you shouldn't expect that star to be "in the bag" for Boston.  You don't know what those teams would look to acquire and what the other 28 teams in the league would be willing to offer.   A lot of media (and this forum) seems to take the stance that as soon as a superstar enters the market, it's Boston's battle to lose since they have "by far" the most assets.  It's not true at all.   We do have lots of 1st rounders, some decent players and a really good prospect in Marcus Smart... but if a team would rather have a package built around a quasi star like Nikola Vucevic, Danilo Gallinari, Bradley Beal or Jonas Valancianuas... it's not as "in the bag" for Boston as it may seem.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 02:18:09 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think both teams are open to moving Gallo and Blake but are looking for better offers.

If the Clippers do like Danillo maybe we can work out a 3 team deal where we get Blake.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

This is not well thought out. You're taking one rumor largely out of context to suggest that the Nuggets are the only team capable of landing Blake Griffin.
I'm saying that when a guy like Blake Griffin, Kevin Love or Cousins becomes available, you shouldn't expect that star to be "in the bag" for Boston. A lot of media (and this forum) seems to take the stance that as soon as a superstar enters the market, it's Boston's battle to lose since they have "by far" the most assets.  It's not true at all.

To suggest that a superstar is "in the bag" for Boston is not credible or intelligent insight. If you recognize that yourself, why are you legitimizing a garbage discussion by entertaining its nonsense?

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2016, 02:20:19 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Gallinari and Faried for Griffin is a joke of a trade for the Clippers.  Griffin is an all NBA player.  The other two are average players.  Gallinari is ok, Farried is a very athletic garbage man. 

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

January 30, 2016, 09:17:28 AM »
I do think Gallo is a bit overrated around here.  His shooting percentages aren't great. He's super injury prone. How is he defensively ?

LB, this was your comment on Gallo. You can't suggest that they have "established talent" when they're 19-31, and then say we have "some decent role players" yet are 29-22.

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 02:22:05 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

I do think Gallo is a bit overrated around here.  His shooting percentages aren't great. He's super injury prone. How is he defensively ?

LB, this was your comment on Gallo. You can't suggest that they have "established talent" when they're 19-31, and then say we have "some decent role players" yet are 29-22.

Who cares? Please stop clogging up threads with your rather odd Internet beef with LB. If you don't like what he posts, just ignore him. Please, for all of us.

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I'm saying that when a guy like Blake Griffin, Kevin Love or Cousins becomes available, you shouldn't expect that star to be "in the bag" for Boston. A lot of media (and this forum) seems to take the stance that as soon as a superstar enters the market, it's Boston's battle to lose since they have "by far" the most assets.  It's not true at all.

To suggest that a superstar is "in the bag" for Boston is not credible or intelligent insight. If you recognize that yourself, why are you legitimizing a garbage discussion by entertaining its nonsense?
It's a common belief trumpted around here that as soon as a star becomes available, Danny will pounce on it... and it will be difficult for someone to outbid our "fool's ransom" we're willing to offer. 

I'm just saying, "oh that's interesting... perhaps the Clippers would be interested in a package built around Gallo and Faried if they decide to move Blake"...

Just the realization that the other 28 teams in the league don't need to have a better draft pick than Brooklyn's to outbid Boston's best offer.  That's what I took from this thread.

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 02:25:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Indeed Eddie... back in June of 2015 I was likely the first person on this entire forum to suggest going after Gallo... I suggested offering Evan Turner and one of the expendable bigs.   I was interested in him as a buy low candidate. 

Flash forward to January 2016 and you have people in threads saying they'd offer the unprotected 2016 Brooklyn 1st for him.   

Gallo is pretty darn good when healthy.  He's obviously incrementally improve this team if we landed him.  He's also supremely overrated around here.   It's partially my fault for introducing the forum to the idea of going after him. 

Gallo can be really good, obviously able to help this team, overrated, one part of a theoretically Blake Griffin trade package that would outbid an offer built around Brooklyn's 1st,  a bad target, and not worth trading the Brooklyn 1st for ... all at the same time.   Not everything is black and white. 

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff

It's a common belief trumpted around here that as soon as a star becomes available, Danny will pounce on it... and it will be difficult for someone to outbid our "fool's ransom" we're willing to offer. 

I'm just saying, "oh that's interesting... perhaps the Clippers would be interested in a package built around Gallo and Faried if they decide to move Blake"...

Just the realization that the other 28 teams in the league don't need to have a better draft pick than Brooklyn's to outbid Boston's best offer.  That's what I took from this thread.

This is a much more reasonable response. Stick to this stuff.

The Nuggets have a fair amount of players that would peak LAC's interest. A combo of Harris/Barton/Gallo would make LAC stacked at wing (with Redick + Pierce to round out the rotation and Mbah A Moute for occasions that call for defense). If the Nuggets were willing to throw in picks, there might be something to this. I don't think they will, though.

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 02:27:57 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Unless Denver gets our assets and were a third or fourth team.

Denver as currently constructed makes no sense for Griffin to resign with after next year.

A trade I liked was fraried to NO, Anderson and Gallo to clippers to play the forward positions, and Blake to Boston. Boston sends young players and picks to any of Clippers, Nuggets, and Pelicans to get it done.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 02:28:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Who cares? Please stop clogging up threads with your rather odd Internet beef with LB. If you don't like what he posts, just ignore him. Please, for all of us.

Why? If he's going to have an opinion that the Nuggets have better assets than us, then I will gladly share my opinion that he's incorrect. This wasn't even a topic about the C's until he turned it into one. So I would suggest if you don't like me offering my thoughts on it, then you should take your own advice and ignore both of us altogether.

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 02:30:53 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Denver has picks to spare and Galo + Faried for Griffin + Stephenson works

This could gain traction because Denver has the picks to keep it interesting but my first though is how bad would the spacing be with Faried and Jordon.

Here is by attempt at getting the Cs in on this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jn9fvmu

Cs get Faried

Clip get Galo, Sully, Jerebko, Cs 2016, Mavs 2016, Denver 2016

Nuggets get Griffin and Stephenson

Why so much for Faried? He's not that good.

Given that both picks are likely in the 20s in a weak draft and that I doubt consider Sully a long term Celtics I dont think this is alot to give. I personally think BS can do wonders for Farieds game. I can picture the Cs excelling with a lineup of IT, AB, Crowder, Faried and KO. The Cs should be able to make Faried step up as a defender and their fast pace and spacing should really benefit him.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Indeed Eddie... back in June of 2015 I was likely the first person on this entire forum to suggest going after Gallo... I suggested offering Evan Turner and one of the expendable bigs.   I was interested in him as a buy low candidate. 

Flash forward to January 2016 and you have people in threads saying they'd offer the unprotected 2016 Brooklyn 1st for him.   

Gallo is pretty darn good when healthy.  He's supremely overrated around here.  It's partially my fault for introducing the forum to the idea of going after him.

I'm not in that minority. He's a really good player, but I would consider Crowder as the better value when you factor in things like his age and contract.