Author Topic: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks  (Read 13928 times)

Re: Nuggets Pursuing Blake Griffin - Having Talks
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
And this is kind of why it's hard to get overly excited about Boston's assets.  Yeah, we have a lot of picks and some decent role players, but if a team prefers established talent, there's a lot of ways to outbid our best offer.

January 30, 2016, 09:17:28 AM »
I do think Gallo is a bit overrated around here.  His shooting percentages aren't great. He's super injury prone. How is he defensively ?

LB, this was your comment on Gallo. You can't suggest that they have "established talent" when they're 19-31, and then say we have "some decent role players" yet are 29-22.

Who cares? Please stop clogging up threads with your rather odd Internet beef with LB. If you don't like what he posts, just ignore him. Please, for all of us.

This wasn't even a topic about the C's until he turned it into one.
I'm going to look for a Celtic angle on any thread in this forum.  Especially one hyper-relevant since Blake Griffin is a dream target and Gallo is a decent option for the right price.  Combine those two topics in a thread... it's pretty ridiculous not to look at the ramifications for our team. 

TP to Kane for suggesting Boston could get involved in a hypothetical as a 3rd team.

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Denver has picks to spare and Galo + Faried for Griffin + Stephenson works

This could gain traction because Denver has the picks to keep it interesting but my first though is how bad would the spacing be with Faried and Jordon.

Here is by attempt at getting the Cs in on this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jn9fvmu

Cs get Faried

Clip get Galo, Sully, Jerebko, Cs 2016, Mavs 2016, Denver 2016

Nuggets get Griffin and Stephenson

Why so much for Faried? He's not that good.

Given that both picks are likely in the 20s in a weak draft and that I doubt consider Sully a long term Celtics I dont think this is alot to give. I personally think BS can do wonders for Farieds game. I can picture the Cs excelling with a lineup of IT, AB, Crowder, Faried and KO. The Cs should be able to make Faried step up as a defender and their fast pace and spacing should really benefit him.

Faried is the anti-stretch 4 and makes the spacing Stevens wants to play with very difficult.

I wouln't rule out the Mavs pick though. They're sliding and have a really tough schedule.

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 02:35:40 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
And this is kind of why it's hard to get overly excited about Boston's assets.  Yeah, we have a lot of picks and some decent role players, but if a team prefers established talent, there's a lot of ways to outbid our best offer.

I do think Gallo is a bit overrated around here.  His shooting percentages aren't great. He's super injury prone. How is he defensively ?

LB, this was your comment on Gallo. You can't suggest that they have "established talent" when they're 19-31, and then say we have "some decent role players" yet are 29-22.

Who cares? Please stop clogging up threads with your rather odd Internet beef with LB. If you don't like what he posts, just ignore him. Please, for all of us.

Why? If he's going to have an opinion that the Nuggets have better assets than us, then I will gladly share my opinion that he's incorrect. This wasn't even a topic about the C's until he turned it into one. So I would suggest if you don't like me offering my thoughts on it, then you should take your own advice and ignore both of us altogether.

You didn't suggest he's incorrect, you just delved into what he may or may not have thought about Gallo in the past to claim he contradicted himself. Again, you care more about directing your argument towards LarBrd than you do about the actual, general debate. You made no attempt to explain what you think of Gallo, why LarBrd is contradicting himself or why he is wrong if he believe what you think he believed about Gallo in the past.

I usually do ignore the tantrums the two of you throw in response to each other, because they are making almost every thread that both of you contribute to unreadable, and thus, most of CBlog becomes unreadable.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 02:36:07 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Wow - maybe Gallo + Faried as a starting point, with Denver taking on Lance's contract?  Nuggets would probably have to be putting out a major package to have the Clips' attention.  Assuming as always that this is accurate, etc etc.

An interesting scenario. Griffin can opt out of his contract after next season. Would he want to stay in Denver?

Meanwhile, I can't see Faried and Griffin working together in the frontcourt on offense. Gallo as a stretch 4 could help the Clips, though.
TP for the research. If Griffin can opt out, there's no way the Nuggets should be considering trading their Rookie or Gallo.

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Gallinari and Faried for Griffin is a joke of a trade for the Clippers.  Griffin is an all NBA player.  The other two are average players.  Gallinari is ok, Farried is a very athletic garbage man.

They're both above-average (Gallo more than Faried), but definitely not in Griffin's league.  That's why I said as a starting point, plus Denver taking on Stephenson's bad contract.  There'd probably have to be more in it for the Clips than that, though. 

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 02:38:28 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

This wasn't even a topic about the C's until he turned it into one.
I'm going to look for a Celtic angle on any thread in this forum.  Especially one hyper-relevant since Blake Griffin is a dream target and Gallo is a decent option for the right price.  Combine those two topics in a thread... it's pretty ridiculous not to look at the ramifications for our team. 

TP to Kane for suggesting Boston could get involved in a hypothetical as a 3rd team.
[dang], I don't get any love?

As to being down on our assets because we can't match established players, this was a leaked rumor we don't know that the Clippers value the Nuggets pieces more than ours. For all we know this could be a leverage ploy to get more assets out of us or another team for Danillo or Blake.

It makes sense that two teams (potentially) hoping to get huge offers for their very good players would leak a rumor that they were in discussions to trade with each other.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 02:38:48 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Denver has picks to spare and Galo + Faried for Griffin + Stephenson works

This could gain traction because Denver has the picks to keep it interesting but my first though is how bad would the spacing be with Faried and Jordon.

Here is by attempt at getting the Cs in on this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jn9fvmu

Cs get Faried

Clip get Galo, Sully, Jerebko, Cs 2016, Mavs 2016, Denver 2016

Nuggets get Griffin and Stephenson

Why so much for Faried? He's not that good.

Given that both picks are likely in the 20s in a weak draft and that I doubt consider Sully a long term Celtics I dont think this is alot to give. I personally think BS can do wonders for Farieds game. I can picture the Cs excelling with a lineup of IT, AB, Crowder, Faried and KO. The Cs should be able to make Faried step up as a defender and their fast pace and spacing should really benefit him.

Faried is the anti-stretch 4 and makes the spacing Stevens wants to play with very difficult.

I wouln't rule out the Mavs pick though. They're sliding and have a really tough schedule.

But with KO as a frontcourt partner, Faried stays in the post, with KO on the perimeter. Not a problem on offense.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2016, 02:39:27 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Why? If he's going to have an opinion that the Nuggets have better assets than us, then I will gladly share my opinion that he's incorrect. This wasn't even a topic about the C's until he turned it into one. So I would suggest if you don't like me offering my thoughts on it, then you should take your own advice and ignore both of us altogether.

You didn't suggest he's incorrect, you just delved into what he may or may not have thought about Gallo in the past. You made no attempt to explain what you think of Gallo, why LarBrd is contradicting himself or why he is wrong if he believe what you think he believed about Gallo in the past.

I usually do ignore the tantrums the two of you throw in response to each other, because they are making almost every thread that both of you contribute to unreadable, and thus, most of CBlog becomes unreadable.

Incorect, man. This was my initial response.

You said Danilo isn't that good. Faried is an overrated guy that can't defend. Why do you consider their assets better than Thomas, Crowder, Smart, Olynyk, etc? If I'm Doc, I think that Crowder (a SF that can defend the position) and Olynyk (a 4 that can create spacing for Jordan/Paul PNR's) is a better fit/package than Gallo and Faried. Then, you factor in our picks and we clearly have better assets. The question in fact isn't if we do or not, but rather if we are willing to deal them.

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 02:40:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

You didn't suggest he's incorrect, you just delved into what he may or may not have thought about Gallo in the past. You made no attempt to explain what you think of Gallo, why LarBrd is contradicting himself or why he is wrong if he believe what you think he believed about Gallo in the past.

Back on point... I never said Denver had better assets than Boston.  That's not my point.   I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn 1st for Gallo.  I think Faried is pretty overrated.   My point is that having theoretically "better" assets doesn't matter if a team like the CLippers would rather have established talent in a trade package.   If a team like the Cavs would rather have Tobias Harris and Vucevic than a Boston package built around the Brooklyn 1st, you can't blame them.   Would i trade the Brooklyn 1st for Vucevic?  Nah.  That's why I think Mitch Lawrence's tweet is interesting... I wouldn't have considered Denver a landing spot for Blake, but maybe it makes sense if the Clippers want Faried and Gallo.

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The genius of our situation is not the pieces in and of themselves, but what the pieces could be.

For instance, a team like the Nuggets do not have the high level draft picks or players (other than Gallo) to get Griffin. Jokic, Nurkic, and Mudiay are all interesting players, but they aren't as valuable as that Brooklyn pick this year, and they all still need 3-4 years of development, something the Clippers cannot afford. Denver picks might be valuable in the coming years, but 8-10 valuable, not top 5 valuable.

That means the centerpiece of this trade is Gallo, and Gallo+pieces is not enough to get the Clippers into contention.

It also doesn't make sense for a team like the Nuggets to trade for Griffin when the most important part of their core would not be ready to contend for at least 3-4 years, when Griffin will be on the decline athletically.

That's why I wonder if this is part of a bigger trade, and who else has been linking to Gallo and Griffin? Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Boston Celtics.

Celtics Receive: Griffin
Nuggets Receive: 18 Brooklyn pick, 16 Celtic pick, Lee, Crawford
Clippers Receive: Gallo, Bradley, Sully, Jerebko, 16 Dallas pick, 17 right to swap with Brooklyn

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2016, 02:41:19 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

lol it is kind of creepy to stalk Larbrd on Celticsblog.

Get over it Eddie. Listen to Flex. You aren't doing anyone a favor by trying to dismiss Larbrd's every post.

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2016, 02:43:45 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Eh. There are not a lot of teams that'd rather have Gallo than a Top 3 pick in the draft. Or Faried over Smart or Olynyk. The Clippers just happen to be likely one of the few, considering Doc (the coach) has told his boss Doc (the GM) that he has zero interest in what happens with this franchise a couple of years down the road...

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2016, 02:43:53 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

It's easy to get excited about Boston's assets.

For example,

Gallo is 27, has shot 42% or worse in the last 7 seasons, is a free agent after this season and has made absolutely no difference to Denver winning the last two years.
IT is 26, has shot 42% or better 6 of the last 7 seasons, is under contract for two more years at an incredibly cheap 6 million a year and has been a key to Boston's winning ways the last two years.

Now, because the Clips already have Paul, Reddick and Crawford in their back court and a weakness at the wings, they might prefer Gallo but most teams would probably take IT in a second.

Mike

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2016, 02:45:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Back on point... I never said Denver had better assets than Boston.  That's not my point.   I wouldn't trade the Brooklyn 1st for Gallo.  I think Faried is pretty overrated.   My point is that having theoretically "better" assets doesn't matter if a team like the CLippers would rather have established talent in a trade package.   If a team like the Cavs would rather have Tobias Harris and Vucevic than a Boston package built around the Brooklyn 1st, you can't blame them.   Would i trade the Brooklyn 1st for Vucevic?  Nah.  That's why I think Mitch Lawrence's tweet is interesting... I wouldn't have considered Denver a landing spot for Blake, but maybe it makes sense if the Clippers want Faried and Gallo.

But then it's not about the Nuggets having necessarily better assets, but rather players that fill a need. For example, if the Clippers needed a PG, but had an all-star SF, then it's pretty easy to think they would much rather have Thomas in a trade for Griffin than they would Gallo. If that's what you're saying, then I'll agree with that. 

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2016, 02:45:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Blake would play with a contender, so I think he bolts Denver after this season is over.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)