Author Topic: Trade Idea: Isiah Stewart into TPE  (Read 1545 times)

Trade Idea: Isiah Stewart into TPE
« on: December 04, 2023, 08:06:44 AM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
This is possible correct?  His salary fits easily, but it does put The C's over the second apron.  He is averaging 11.3 pts, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.4 assists in 31 minutes(28 in last 10 games).  He blocks almost 1  per game, and shoots 45/37/79 this year.  A very solid 8/9 guy for the rotation, allow more 2 big line ups, and his minutes would come from kornet and 1 or 2 from each of the top 6 players(20-25 total I'd say).  A very solid fill of the missing piece, on a reasonable longer term deal.  I'd give up a couple seconds for sure and MAYBE a 1st, especially if it was isiah and a second a couple years out for a 1st.  Detroit is a very bad team, and should be willing to move role players not in their core.  Maybe I'm way off base and he'd take more to pry him away...

Re: Trade Idea: Isiah Stewart into TPE
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 08:23:48 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 880
He signed an extension so he would not fit into the TPE, even though his current season salary would fit.  I am not sure if he is considered a base year compensation or something like that (actually, I think it is a poison pill contract) but he would count more coming in and would not fit the TPE.

Poison Pill
Isaiah Stewart is on a rookie contract and signed an extension that is to begin the following season. Therefore, he has what is known as a "poison pill" contract. He can no longer be traded for a player making equal money. Instead, his current salary is averaged along with the salaries he is to receive in his extension, and that average becomes his incoming salary for trade purposes. His outgoing value for the Pistons will be $5.2M while his incoming value for the receiving team will be $13.0M.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 09:57:05 AM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 11:06:14 AM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Thanks.  Too bad.  He is the perfect fit for what the the C's need.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 11:20:27 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1245

He’d really be a perfect fit and the ideal Horford replacement down the road.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 12:48:03 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 880

I agree totally on the player.  I was talking this up quite a bit until he signed the extension for 4 years, $60M.  He got more than Grant Williams got.  Detroit made him part of their future with this extension.  He is putting up about 11 pts / 7 rebs and hitting some 3s (37%).  Grant is about 10 pts / 4 rebs and 41% from 3.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 05:02:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
The guy is an undersized center masquerading as a forward. He is simply not skilled enough to play there so he becomes a huge net negative for their team due to his offense.