Author Topic: Woj: Wizards giving impression no player exempt from possible trade talks  (Read 10286 times)

Re: Woj: Wizards giving impression no player exempt from possible trade talks
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2019, 08:08:29 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's too bad there isn't an easy way to match salary in a trade for Markieff.  Would be fun to put him and his brother together again.
Were they that fun when they played together?  I’d rather not have both of them.

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2019, 08:09:13 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
It's too bad there isn't an easy way to match salary in a trade for Markieff.  Would be fun to put him and his brother together again.
Hayward + Bird for Porter + Markieff

We could even expand this to include let's say Yabu + Troy Brown Jr.(#15 last June)

The way I see it, we have far too many alphas on this team. We need players who love to play off the ball. Porter is one of the best off-ball players around the league. He makes his teammates better on both sides of the ball: very good shooter (= better spacing), plus he can defend multiple positions. His contract isn't looking very good, but let's face it, neither does Hayward's.

Hopefully we 'll then re-sign both Marcus and Markieff on the cheap, the way the Suns did back in 2014. 8)

(don't think we'll trade Hayward, just saying)

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
This is my Beal trade idea from my podcast with KG LIving Legend:  https://youtu.be/WH2tkjqxa6c

Celtic fans hate it.  Wizard fans hate it.  Maybe it's plausible.
Proposing a 5 for 1 trade isn't plausible.  Wizards would have to cut 4 players first to free up the roster spots before the trade could happen.  Those players salaries would count against the Wizards so the trade would probably increase the Wizards luxury tax bill. 

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2019, 09:23:26 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is my Beal trade idea from my podcast with KG LIving Legend:  https://youtu.be/WH2tkjqxa6c

Proposing a 5 for 1 trade isn't plausible.  Wizards would have to cut 4 players first to free up the roster spots before the trade could happen.  Those players salaries would count against the Wizards so the trade would probably increase the Wizards luxury tax bill.
Agreed... so such a deal probably involves Wizards cutting Yabu, buying out Baynes and maybe finding a 3rd team for Morris/Rozier that would send back a pick. 

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2019, 09:36:30 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Agreed... so such a deal probably involves Wizards cutting Yabu, buying out Baynes and maybe finding a 3rd team for Morris/Rozier that would send back a pick.
The Wizards would have to cut players on their current roster before the trade can be made.  They can't do the trade and then cut the players.  Teams aren't allowed to exceed 15 players plus the two 2-way players. 

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2019, 09:44:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

The Wizards would have to cut players on their current roster before the trade can be made.  They can't do the trade and then cut the players.  Teams aren't allowed to exceed 15 players plus the two 2-way players.
Good call.  Similar premise, though... additional teams could be looped in who might have interest in yabu/rozier/morris/baynes.  Key thing would be them getting Brown.  Also, I think Washington already has at least 1 open roster spot.

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2019, 09:54:47 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Good call.  Similar premise, though... additional teams could be looped in who might have interest in yabu/rozier/morris/baynes.  Key thing would be them getting Brown.  Also, I think Washington already has at least 1 open roster spot.
They may have one spot but I think teams are required to carry 14.  Bringing in a 3rd team is possible but adds complications.  What are the Wizards getting out of the deal Brown and tax relief?  That's not nearly enough for an all-star that is just starting his prime.

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It seems like it would take a lot to go right for it to occur, especially on Washington's behalf. Makes it seem less likely to me, but a back-court of Irving and Beal would challenge GSW for best in the league
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2019, 11:16:13 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

The Beal trade I came up with is Morris, Smart, Rozier, and Bird (salary filler) for Beal.  Would probably need to include a 3rd team as the Wiz couldn’t take on 4 players.  We would probably need to include one our prized picks as well. Comparable trade to the one that netted us Irving ( especially considering IT’s injury).

« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2019, 12:56:12 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

The Beal trade I came up with is Morris, Smart, Rozier, and Bird (salary filler) for Beal.  Would probably need to include a 3rd team as the Wiz couldn’t take on 4 players.  We would probably need to include one our prized picks as well (try with the Clippers pick if not Kings pick)  Comparable trade to the one that netted us Irving ( especially considering IT’s injury).

Just to add to my previous post (clarify to I probably have Rozier going to a 3rd team with another asset going to the Wizards) the Wizards were a 4th seed 2 years ago with Wall and Beal leading the way.  Last year with Wall missing half the season they still managed to make the playoffs.  Beal has seemed to take his game up a notch this year at age 25.  He would be a great sidekick to Irving in the backcourt as they enter their prime (kind of like Curry-Thompson).

Maybe not at this trade deadline since Beal still has 2 1/2 years left,  but a some point the Wizards might look to trade him if they sense he won’t stay long term.