Author Topic: ready for a championship? (MIA/BOS/NJN idea)  (Read 1104 times)

ready for a championship? (MIA/BOS/NJN idea)
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Boston trades Tony Allen, Scals, Giddens
For James Jones, Keyon Dooling

MIA trades James Jones and an exception for JR
for Rafer Alston, JR Giddens

NJN trades Alston, Dooling
For Tony and Scals with a second rounder or two from Boston and/or Miami

Miami gets their backup PG, who's coming off a pretty good playoff run, and move Jones and get out of his contract in favor of Richardson, who plays the same position. Bigger contract for Q, but three less years on it.

Boston fills their only remaining needs, a tall shooting SF, who could probably play a little four in a James Posey type role (same height as Pose, a little less weight) and Dooling for whatever minutes we have after Daniels and House get their burn.

New Jersey trades an expiring for an expiring, but gets a year off of Dooling's contract, as well as a couple picks as a little extra compensation. We all know they're in full cost cutting mode.

And I know Alston can't be traded for another week or two, but that isn't too far away. Jones probably gets most back up 3 minutes, with Daniels getting the rest, and nearly all of the two guard minutes.

Rondo/House/Dooling
Ray/Daniels/Dooling (Walker)
Pierce/Jones/Daniels
KG/Davis/Jones/Williams
Perkins/Rasheed/Davis/Williams

Thirteen players, amazingly deep rotation. Boom, another championship.

Re: ready for a championship? (MIA/BOS/NJN idea)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 11:52:43 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Of course it sounds good for us, but I don't know if that is enough for NJ.  They will be very very awful if they did this trade (I know they'll be awful already), but if they feel like blowing up a second time then I'd be game.